Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you like how Lost Season Finale played out?
Yes 27 42.86%
No 23 36.51%
It was just OK 13 20.63%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 09:25 AM

4,357 posts, read 6,507,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
You know, all this crazy theorizing and contemplation is giving me a serious nose-bleed. Pass the Dharma cotton-balls please.

In the meantime, we gotta Ackian 5x4: The Little Princess! Lie together, die alone!
Ack has me in tears each week. That chic is sick, and I love her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 01:26 PM

43,854 posts, read 50,976,396 times
I follow the characters much less than the actual physics theories involved in this show. I hope once it ends, the writers will get together and open up more science related scenarios for us to learn from.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:08 PM

17,930 posts, read 27,342,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think (Freedom) View Post
LOL @ the recap, my favorite quote's:

Jack: "Sayid! You had 3 horse tranquilizers in you!”

Sayid: “Luckily I run on an internal 450-horsepower combustion PWN ENGINE, so I was safe.”

I think the one that got me was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ack quoting Jack talking to Kate
For the last time, IT’S JUST BEEN RAINING ON MY FACE, NOW LET’S GET OUT OF HERE BEFORE THE GILF FIGURES OUT WHAT JUST HAPPENED!
GILF? OMG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
The nose bleed would lead one to think that he may have been suffering the same "condition" as Charlotte, etc. However, after the Purge when Richard and Ben entered the Barracks area, Ben walks over to Horace who died while sitting on a bench. He pauses and closes Horace's eyes. There is dried blood on Horace's face; under his nose and around his mouth. This was caused by exposure to the poison gas used to kill off the DHARMA people. So in this instance, it may be that the blood coming from Horace's nose during his interaction with Locke is just a reference to how he died. But you never know. Given that Horace was a mathematician, it is possible that his work brought him into contact with some of the time travel experimentation taking place on the Island...
That or he just had a bad coke problem... or meth...ya know? Crank? Not that I would know or anything. Just sayin'.

Last edited by McGowdog; 02-11-2009 at 02:30 PM..

Old 02-11-2009, 03:42 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,121,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I follow the characters much less than the actual physics theories involved in this show. I hope once it ends, the writers will get together and open up more science related scenarios for us to learn from.
I send you a BIG high5, Glory! I haven't a clue about science and just enjoy the series. I think it's excellent that someone who does know science is a fan. I think that is a KUDOS to the writers.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:44 PM

9,894 posts, read 21,960,538 times
Default Lost

LOST is a strange & often confusing tv show.I still like it though.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:29 PM

4,487 posts, read 3,990,283 times
That was a fun episode.

Finally...we get to see the Temple. More of those hieroglyphics on it that we have seen elsewhere, including on the countdown clock at the Swan station. And how about that, under the Temple is the home of Cerberus AKA the smoke monster. So Smokey guards the Temple. But what exactly is the function of the Temple that it would need to be guarded? Ben referred to it as "the last safe place on the Island". Is that because of Cerberus or something else located there? And why didn't Jin mention to Locke and company anything about his encounter with young Danielle Rousseau and having been at a place where the smoke monster seemed to live?

Locke's encounter with Christian Shepard was enlightening. Locke literally was supposed to move the Island. He was meant to turn the wheel, not Ben. Guess Ben pulled a fast one on Locke again. Christian said the wheel was off it's axis and we see it moving back and forth as Locke approaches it. Was the wheel being off it's axis the real cause of the jumps back and forth in time? Will they stop now? Perhaps not because Charlotte was fairly certain that Daniel was the "scary" man that told her as a child to leave the Island and never return or she would die. We haven't seen that yet so does that mean that the jumps will continue?

So long Charlotte, we hardly knew you. She never explained how it was that she spoke Korean. We still don't know who her mother was, but unless I misheard part of her rambling, I could swear she made a comment something to the effect of "never marry an American". Was this a reference to her mother and the fact that Charlotte's father is American? Charlotte, at least according to the bio Ben rattled off, has two younger sisters. Who are her sisters and do they figure into any of what is going on here?

When the group goes to see Ms. Hawking...the look on Ben's face when Desmond showed up and asked if they were there to see Daniel Faraday's mother was classic. Ben prides himself on knowing EVERYTHING, but the look told me that little fact was news to him. You might have noticed that the shot leading up to the arrival at the church starts with a sort of close up of a lamp post. I can't take credit for this part because someone else saw it first, but apparently when Ms. Hawking was shown in the second episode of this season, a DHARMA logo was shown very briefly on her computer. In the center of the logo is a lamp post. Subtle little connection there "Lost" producers. So then if where Ms. Hawking is happens to be a DHARMA station, are there more DHARMA stations off the Island?

Charles Widmore knew where Ms. Hawking was. Therefore I would think he knows that she's at an apparent DHARMA station. If she, by utilizing the equipment located there, can locate the Island, why hasn't Widmore just gone to her to find "his" Island? Or did he? Or is there something in the "rules" of the game that he and Ben are playing that prevents him from doing this?

Damn you "Lost" writers, you make me think too much sometimes.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:17 AM

1,510 posts, read 5,059,538 times
LOL McGowdog, that was a good one too!

Last nights episode (which I just saw this morning), was AMAZING.

Everything with Jin, the Temple, Locke and Christian (Christian: "say hello to my son" !!!!!).. it was mind blowing.

Quote:
Damn you "Lost" writers, you make me think too much sometimes.
lol yeah no kidding. I really do miss coming in here and being able to discuss in more detail whats going on. But anyway, I'm off to work now, will try to come back later tonight.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:21 AM

1,510 posts, read 5,059,538 times
Its AMAZING! But there's a pretty big thread made here where you can go and discuss, right here .. LOST!

Old 02-12-2009, 05:50 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,158,788 times
I loved last night's episode. Best parts:

Seeing Rousseau's back story when smokey starts attacking, and ending with her husband has the sickness and turns the gun on her.

Charlotte dying was sad. Daniel looked surprised that she remembered that he was the one that told her not to come back to the island. So he doesn't remember either?

Christian down in the wheel room with Locke was awesome. "I told you - you would have to move the island." "Since when did believing anything Ben said get you anywhere?"

Cool part when Ben told Sun that even though he lies and is manipulative, he really does have good intentions and thinks he's doing them a favor by bringing them back to the island.

I loved when they meet all up at the church at the end and Mrs. Hawking is there. I guess it doesn't matter "right now" if everyone goes back - but obviously, they'll all have to go at some point.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:05 AM

9,925 posts, read 14,268,963 times
That episode was really good last night. I love the fact the monster idea is being revisited!! That's one of my favorite storylines in the show!

I am wondering, so is Ben good? Is Ben bad? Guess we'll find out.

So excited to see what the hell happens next week with Daniel's mother. I was just starting to like the redhead character (what is her name???) and here she goes and kicks the bucket. LOL, happens every time on this show.

Anyway, it's heading in a GREAT direction...I'm loving it now again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV