Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you like how Lost Season Finale played out?
Yes 27 42.86%
No 23 36.51%
It was just OK 13 20.63%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 05:28 AM

1,594 posts, read 5,280,211 times

Advertisements

Wow eevee good stuff about Richard. He could have been around since Egyptian time? Thats a very cool flashback if it is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 09:01 AM

10,039 posts, read 14,407,238 times
My question is what happens if the current characters who are now in 1974 island time (Ben, other passengers) meet up with Ben who is now living on the island. He was taken there as a kid, yes? So in '74 he'd probably be around, what 15, 18, 20 years old? I know they've said that nothing changes the course of the outcome of the past, but wouldn't you remember that you met yourself "older" when young on the island? Does that make sense ?? LOL

Old 03-06-2009, 09:04 AM

10,039 posts, read 14,407,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
Fantastic episode! The statue foot has been bugging me since we first saw it! Finally the whole statue but now we have to learn why only 4 toes! Damn, I love this show!!
I got really excited when I saw the huge statue....I LOVE that they are bringing it back to everyone's attention. What the hell does it mean? What's happening? Is it Egyption and what the hell with the 4 toes?

Old 03-06-2009, 10:14 AM

1,428 posts, read 3,159,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
that's not necessarily true. we've seen how leaving the Island via unconventional means (ie, turning the wheel) can put you in a different time period. let's say Charlotte is 5 in 1974 when she leaves the Island and jumps in time to 1984.
Except that we have no evidence to support that this happened. We do have evidence that suggests she was born in 1979 and that the period in which Daniel sees a little girl is 1974. Now, if new evidence comes around to invalidate Ben's date of 1979, or we learn that Charlotte time-jumped, that's fine, but until or if that happens, it's basically not very helpful to say, "Let's say..." and then build on an unfounded assumption.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:38 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,209,229 times
Ok gotta a question for everyone, what happened to Bernard and Rose? Are they flashed to a different time period? Are they still stuck in the present? Or are we supposed to forget about everyone else.

Great episode, really don't like Sawyer and Juliet together. Ick. I thought she was all lovey over Jack before he left.

Sidenote: I think the actor who plays Richard has permanent eyeliner. He was on that show on Cbs last year with Jimmy Smits and his eyes were lined in that show too. Creepy but I don't think his eyeliner has anything to do with the plot.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:59 AM

314 posts, read 1,036,523 times
I'm pretty confident bernard and rose are either

A. in the temple
B. died in the cave in the 50s as "adam and eve"

Old 03-06-2009, 11:03 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,209,229 times
[quote=socrates;7763395]I'm pretty confident bernard and rose are either

A. in the temple
B. died in the cave in the 50s as "adam and eve"[/QUOTE]

Oh now that would make me sad. Here I was envisioning them nice and happy in their house built of palm fronds and coconuts on the beach.

good idea though.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:51 PM

1,428 posts, read 3,159,577 times
[quote=movingtohouston;7763450]
Quote:
Originally Posted by socrates View Post

A. in the temple
B. died in the cave in the 50s as "adam and eve"[/QUOTE]

Oh now that would make me sad. Here I was envisioning them nice and happy in their house built of palm fronds and coconuts on the beach.

good idea though.
There's an interesting idea here -- In that episode where A & E are first discovered, Locke or Jack -- I think it's Locke -- finds a little bag on the bodies with one black rock and one white in it. Given that B & R are an interracial couple, I'm wondering whether or not we're intended to link those three pieces of evidence?

Oh, and hey -- they can still have their fronds and coconuts.

Old 03-06-2009, 04:25 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,161,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socrates View Post

A. in the temple

It totally could be Rose and Bernard in the cave. If it is, how cool are the writers!!!

Eevee, the whole Egyptian thing is really cool - Richard does love the eyeliner.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:54 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,336,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Wallace View Post
Except that we have no evidence to support that this happened. We do have evidence that suggests she was born in 1979 and that the period in which Daniel sees a little girl is 1974. Now, if new evidence comes around to invalidate Ben's date of 1979, or we learn that Charlotte time-jumped, that's fine, but until or if that happens, it's basically not very helpful to say, "Let's say..." and then build on an unfounded assumption.
dude chill, it's a theory! hell, unless you saw her freaking birth certificate on the screen, we have no "proof" she was born in 1979. remember, this is Ben saying all this, a guy infamous for being prone to lying! given that we KNOW Charlotte was born on the Island and live there as a small child, given that we know she thinks Daniel spoke to her as a small child before she left the Island, I don't think it's so horrific to theorize that the little red head girl is Charlotte. it sure as heck isn't Annie, too young. and since we KNOW that leaving the Island via a certain way, ie, turning the wheel puts you in the future and that things coming to the Island on a certain bearing may also experience a time discrepancy, I don't it's that far off to theorize the same may have happened to Charlotte and may explain the age issue

way to p*ss all over my theory nearly every theory on here is somewhat based on unfounded assumptions. I'll just stop posting my "unhelpful" theories based on "unfounded assumptions" on here, okay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV