U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Did you like how Lost Season Finale played out?
Yes 25 43.86%
No 19 33.33%
It was just OK 13 22.81%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 10:31 AM

502 posts, read 1,743,893 times

Advertisements

I am only at the beginning of Season 2 but I just want to know what your theory is on what is happening on that Island.

1. Are they in Purgatory?
2. Is this a government experiment?
3. Are they all in an insane asylum with one of them imagining everything?
4. Were they brought to this Island by fate to confront their demons?
5. Is Desmond the Devil?
6. Are the "Others" Scientest leading the experiments?

It is evident that they are all connected but why?
What do you think is going on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2006, 11:10 AM

8,403 posts, read 11,011,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
1. Are they in Purgatory?
No.

Quote:
2. Is this a government experiment?
Government? No.

Quote:
3. Are they all in an insane asylum with one of them imagining everything?
No.

Quote:
4. Were they brought to this Island by fate to confront their demons?
No.

Quote:
5. Is Desmond the Devil?
No.

Quote:
6. Are the "Others" Scientest leading the experiments?
Kinda/sorta.

Quote:
It is evident that they are all connected but why?
What do you think is going on?
The big thing you have to keep in mind about LOST is that J.J. Abrams was one of the creators. If you watched his other show ALIAS, one of the things you catch on about him is that he's more about asking questions than providing answers, and he tends to make it up as he goes along. So I don't think even the writers know EVERYTHING that is going on. I think they know the basics and are encouraged to weave lots of interested plot lines around it.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

The DHARMA Initiative and Hanso Foundation are basically trying to save humanity from itself. But they are definitely from "the ends justifies the means" school of thought.

The "numbers" represent the Valenzetti Equation: a mathematical formula having to do with the timetable for humanity's extinction.

There's an article about it here: http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial...5&obj_id=52257

Old 10-09-2006, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
No.

Government? No.

No.

No.

No.

Kinda/sorta.

The big thing you have to keep in mind about LOST is that J.J. Abrams was one of the creators. If you watched his other show ALIAS, one of the things you catch on about him is that he's more about asking questions than providing answers, and he tends to make it up as he goes along. So I don't think even the writers know EVERYTHING that is going on. I think they know the basics and are encouraged to weave lots of interested plot lines around it.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

The DHARMA Initiative and Hanso Foundation are basically trying to save humanity from itself. But they are definitely from "the ends justifies the means" school of thought.

The "numbers" represent the Valenzetti Equation: a mathematical formula having to do with the timetable for humanity's extinction.

There's an article about it here: http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial...5&obj_id=52257
Mark, I am not accepting your answers on the basis that I believe they are too reasonable, too close to the truth and just not fun enough. Make something up that is more interesting or I am never speaking to you ever again!

Old 10-09-2006, 12:25 PM

8,403 posts, read 11,011,577 times
Quote:
Mark, I am not accepting your answers on the basis that I believe they are too reasonable, too close to the truth and just not fun enough. Make something up that is more interesting or I am never speaking to you ever again!
While in the institution, Hurley ate a bad twinkie and developed almost omniscient powers. He sucked the airplane into a small snowglobe and is creating this weird reality out of his own delusions and desperation for sanity.

How is that?

Old 10-09-2006, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
While in the institution, Hurley ate a bad twinkie and developed almost omniscient powers. He sucked the airplane into a small snowglobe and is creating this weird reality out of his own delusions and desperation for sanity.

How is that?
That is much better! We shall remain friends. However, you forgot to metion that the numbers (4 8 15 16 23 42) is really his phone number, 481-516-2342 and it wasn't a Twinkie, it was an Apollo chocolate bar that gave him ominscient powers.

Old 10-09-2006, 05:37 PM

571 posts, read 1,768,676 times
It's actually a reality show.

They haven't revealed it yet, but they're ALL lottery winners (not just Hurley). If you read the fine print, you'll see on your most recent Powerball ticket that all major jackpot winners are required to go to that island to have their very own "Lord of the Flies" experience. Anyone who fails and is deemed unworthy of having that much money must turn their winnings over to Bill Gates, who is the real mastermind behind the Dharma Initiative.

(The computer in the show is an early pre-windows model, of course....that's why it didn't crash until they failed to put in the code.)

Old 10-10-2006, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteBreeze View Post
It's actually a reality show.

They haven't revealed it yet, but they're ALL lottery winners (not just Hurley). If you read the fine print, you'll see on your most recent Powerball ticket that all major jackpot winners are required to go to that island to have their very own "Lord of the Flies" experience. Anyone who fails and is deemed unworthy of having that much money must turn their winnings over to Bill Gates, who is the real mastermind behind the Dharma Initiative.

(The computer in the show is an early pre-windows model, of course....that's why it didn't crash until they failed to put in the code.)
Darn it, you are good. I don't want to win the lottery now. The idea of being wacked upside the head with a stick by Mr. Eko scares the living pieces out of me. That dude is fierce. Thanks for the warning.
http://parent-2-parent.com/forum/images/smilies/big/big%20shocked.gif (broken link)

Old 10-10-2006, 04:58 PM

571 posts, read 1,768,676 times
Quote:
Darn it, you are good. I don't want to win the lottery now. The idea of being wacked upside the head with a stick by Mr. Eko scares the living pieces out of me. That dude is fierce. Thanks for the warning.
http://parent-2-parent.com/forum/images/smilies/big/big%20shocked.gif (broken link)
Actually, the one you should really worry about is Clair's baby, Peanut Head.(Think "Truman Show") When he's old enough to realize what's going on, that kid is going to snap.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:36 AM

Default To Mark S.

I think you are wrong Mark. I got to the part in Season 2 where Kate sees the horse. There is something more spiritual going on. I think they are all dead already. They might be in the garden of Eden.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:59 AM

64 posts, read 234,343 times
Default long way to go

Quote:
I think you are wrong Mark. I got to the part in Season 2 where Kate sees the horse. There is something more spiritual going on. I think they are all dead already. They might be in the garden of Eden.
Wow only at Season 2. It is going to be hard not to give things away to you. Just hold on to your seat because just when you think that you have things figured out ......they will twist it all up again. Don't be scared of Ekco
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV