Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2015, 10:58 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,957,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I heard that "the Real SHIELD" maybe Nick Fury's Secret Warriors team. That could be interesting but I don't think there is a reason for Fury to be against Coulson right now...
I agree - I don't think Fury would be against Coulson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2015, 04:38 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,883,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
I agree - I don't think Fury would be against Coulson.
Yeah unless it is one of those weird carpentmentalizing things that Fury did with the different levels of S.H.E.I.L.D., even Captain America.

As for Bobbi knowing, I think perhaps Hartley knew and she may have told Mack and Hunter. Based on the complicated relationship between Bobbi and Hunter, she may know through pillow talk. *Waits for his no prize to arrive*

Old 03-24-2015, 09:20 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,864,280 times
I may have to watch tonight's episode twice to get everything that was happening. Very fast paced, what a ride! So now Admiral Adama is in charge of the "real" SHIELD? Or is it really the real SHIELD or just a cover?

Old 03-25-2015, 10:28 AM

1,842 posts, read 1,766,094 times
Yeah I'm with you Jim. Last night's episode does call for re-watching. It just seems ridiculous to me. If they're also part of S.H.I.E.L.D. and had misgivings about Coulson being director why not just go to him, voice their concerns and ask him to step down instead of sending Bobbi and Mack to spy on him? But then that would be boring. Now we're in for a lot of destruction, shooting and fisticuffs with the "Real S.H.I.E.L.D." going on the offensive. What else can the writers put the team through? The Hydra uprising, learning Ward was a traitor, and now the threat of the "Real S.H.I.E.L.D".

And speaking of Ward, what the heck are he and Agent 33 up to?

Old 03-25-2015, 01:55 PM

12,383 posts, read 8,139,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesG73 View Post
Yeah I'm with you Jim. Last night's episode does call for re-watching. It just seems ridiculous to me. If they're also part of S.H.I.E.L.D. and had misgivings about Coulson being director why not just go to him, voice their concerns and ask him to step down instead of sending Bobbi and Mack to spy on him? But then that would be boring. Now we're in for a lot of destruction, shooting and fisticuffs with the "Real S.H.I.E.L.D." going on the offensive. What else can the writers put the team through? The Hydra uprising, learning Ward was a traitor, and now the threat of the "Real S.H.I.E.L.D".
And speaking of Ward, what the heck are he and Agent 33 up to?
Long term Agent 33 is a perfect fit for Madame Masque and the Netflix series coming up. Short term Ward gets his friend to fly free.

The Real SHIELD. Seems to have the original helocarrier. While Coulson has the US government. In the end with the Avengers II fall out I think Coulson goes back to being a team leader, perhaps while remaining the public face of the New SHIELD.

Old 03-26-2015, 05:15 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,408,439 times
i found all that stuff with tolbert and his wife hilarious for some reason

Old 03-26-2015, 06:00 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,253,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
i found all that stuff with tolbert and his wife hilarious for some reason
Yeah me too. Some welcome comic relief. "But I brought taquitos!"

This whole "Real" SHIELD vs. Coulson SHIELD seems way too similar to Captain America 2. We have another fake SHIELD again? Didn't we already cover this ground? I hope it has a good pay off, because so far this feels very been-there / done-that.

Questions: Coulson's SHIELD is still technically an enemy of state, right? So who is paying for all that tech? Who's paying the grocery bill? Who signs the paychecks? Has that ever been answered? If Edward James Olmos really wanted to take Coulson down, why doesn't he just close the bank account? Why all the cloak and dagger?

Old 03-26-2015, 08:20 AM

12,383 posts, read 8,139,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Yeah me too. Some welcome comic relief. "But I brought taquitos!"
This whole "Real" SHIELD vs. Coulson SHIELD seems way too similar to Captain America 2. We have another fake SHIELD again? Didn't we already cover this ground? I hope it has a good pay off, because so far this feels very been-there / done-that.
Questions: Coulson's SHIELD is still technically an enemy of state, right? So who is paying for all that tech? Who's paying the grocery bill? Who signs the paychecks? Has that ever been answered? If Edward James Olmos really wanted to take Coulson down, why doesn't he just close the bank account? Why all the cloak and dagger?
Coulson and crew are working with the United States since handing over Ward. I suppose his funding comes from Fury's slush fund. And if the codes are stolen then the Real SHIELD can then shut down Coulson's ragtag spies.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:22 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,125,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Coulson and crew are working with the United States since handing over Ward. I suppose his funding comes from Fury's slush fund. And if the codes are stolen then the Real SHIELD can then shut down Coulson's ragtag spies.

I like this series; but I worry that it might get so complicated that it looses viewers. We like to be entertained; we do not like scripts that get so complicated that they are hard to follow. How many loyal agents does Coulson have? How can you run the world watchdog organization with less than one handful of dedicated agents? Skye better be a one woman super hero to be able to save the organization. At least the "Real Shield" has more than a few agents. Hydra is better staffed - even without their leaders.

Old 04-01-2015, 05:54 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,883,528 times
I think Coulson's core team from season 1 is loyal to him. Skye/Daisy's loyalty maybe different with the Inhumans finding her.

I do agree it is getting confusing but at least they are going into the story of the Inhumans enough that they won't need an origin story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV