Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2015, 07:45 PM

7,243 posts, read 7,066,230 times

Advertisements

I'm loving this season so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 09:20 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,642,357 times
I like the parts where they're not bringing in more unnecessary organizations.

Old 10-11-2015, 02:10 AM

2,209 posts, read 4,222,939 times
Very glad it's back, I'm happy ... that is until I saw Ward. I feel like he needs to go away, he's terrible as a villain.

Old 10-11-2015, 08:04 AM

28,660 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
Very glad it's back, I'm happy ... that is until I saw Ward. I feel like he needs to go away, he's terrible as a villain.
I'm tired of Ward myself. I think he was good for a villain up until he was finally caught as a mole, but that arc needed to have been finished completely. The actor must get good focus group reviews.

Old 10-11-2015, 03:25 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,222,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I'm tired of Ward myself. I think he was good for a villain up until he was finally caught as a mole, but that arc needed to have been finished completely. The actor must get good focus group reviews.
Heh, or his contract isn't up.

Old 10-11-2015, 09:20 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,453,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
Heh, or his contract isn't up.
I like Ward. He gets good lines, and he is easy on the eyes. The show needs a bad guy you love to hate, and who has a history with major characters.

Old 10-12-2015, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
I like Ward. He gets good lines, and he is easy on the eyes. The show needs a bad guy you love to hate, and who has a history with major characters.
Somehow Ian McKellen and Michael Fassbender do it better. Or maybe they simply have a better character to play. "My brother mistreated me, so I'm irretrievably evil to the core" isn't as convincing a backstory.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:29 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Somehow Ian McKellen and Michael Fassbender do it better. Or maybe they simply have a better character to play. "My brother mistreated me, so I'm irretrievably evil to the core" isn't as convincing a backstory.
Yeah. I keep trying to be intrigued by Ward. Ain't happening. So far he's a thoroughly boring villain. Nothing against the actor. But the writers aren't giving him anything interesting to do, and his motivation is completely muddled.

But the same thing is largely true of May. I love Ming Na Wen. But the writers just aren't giving her any substance. I often wonder if the script relegates her to: May enters scene. Glowers. Says something obvious with a completely straight face. End scene.

I sympathize. It is really, really hard to write a story with this many characters and make each of them compelling in their own way. The show is doing a great job with Daisy, Fitz, Simmons, and many of the secondary characters. But with Ward and May they are really fumbling.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:19 AM

They just can't do them all at once. Ward's story is over as far as I'm concerned. They've had some great episodes with May's backstory. But they need to understand that the point of an ensemble cast is that they can revolve backstories.

And I agree they're not really using Ming Na Wen very well. I had hoped that the end of last season would be a re-emergence of whoever May had been prior to the incident of her shooting the Inhuman child and turning into the Great Stone Face. Okay, if she has go "go through some stuff" to make that transition, fine...but let's see the transition happening.

Old 10-12-2015, 09:52 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
May needed to get away and reconnect after last season, you don't change back from an emotionless human computer into a emotional person over the course of weeks and months. It takes a long time. That said, with May being on her sabbatical I miss her being the butt kicker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV