Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2016, 09:12 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,325,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
The thing that puzzles me is if Liz's death was faked as we all assume, why would Red have been so depressed and in need of an opium den to handle his grief. Are we now to assume that even HE didn't know it was faked ?
While I'm not one of those assuming that Liz's death was faked...

The prevailing theory is that faking Liz's death was a secret conspiracy hatched by Mr. Kaplan (Red's cleaner) and maybe Tom so that both Red and Solomon would think that she is dead so she could live out the rest of her life in peace. Or so the theory goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 09:49 AM

Ok something other than Red and Lizzie

Finding out anything on one character has been driving me crazy but I finally nailed it down and... well wow.

Baz, Red's ponytailed stand-in for Dembe and leader of Red's private army is Bazzel Baz, a graduate of the Citadel, former Marine counter-intelligence officer and ten year veteran of the CIA's Special Operations Group. Talk about being type cast!

Old 04-23-2016, 09:57 AM

Another character with a fascinating back story is Edi Gathegi who plays Solomon.

Nairobi born, a graduate of NYU's prestigious Tisch School of the Arts and an accomplished Shakespearean actor.

Old 04-23-2016, 10:27 AM

4,062 posts, read 5,644,863 times
I didn't really need to go ping-ponging back and forth in a drug-induced hallucinatory dance between the present and the long-ago early relationship of two people (really more than two) to give us some background of how it all came about. I hate those kind of drugs and what happen to people who use them, so I just didn't need this. If they wanted to go there, there should have been a better way. The question left hanging is if Katarina already had a child before Red met her, doesn't that mean that Red isn't the father? So, perhaps Red loved Katarina and eventually that love was extended to the child she had by someone else. And that child should be Liz. The focus of this show has shifted, but somehow in spite of all the artistic efforts they put into this, the new focus of this episode doesn't appeal to me. I hope Liz will be back next season. I know the actress needs time, I just hope she doesn't need a permanent leave of absence. I know another show that was done in by too many departures and attempts to refocus the show. It can mean the ruin of the show in many cases. Red needs to get his act together and own up to what he's done without this BS. The spinoff, if it happens, must be without Liz's character, IMHO. So if Liz is to exist, it must be on The Blacklist. And as long as The Blacklist continues, Liz has to be necessarily a part of it, and there must be a list and some villains to be dealt with. Otherwise, nothing will work. I still think Liz is hidden away for her own safety. Somebody made a hard choice, separating Red, her baby and Liz, mirroring the choice made long ago, separating a mother and child (and a father). Liz grew up safe, with deceptions, but without her parents. And without Red, who loved her from afar. Red somehow thought he could get back into her life and still keep her safe, but that didn't work. Now, how can the child be safe? I don't really see Tom being the answer...a man who's almost as dangerous as Red, and whoever wanted Liz probably also wants the child, they will come again. Gotta be another option.

Old 04-23-2016, 06:33 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
I didn't really need to go ping-ponging back and forth in a drug-induced hallucinatory dance between the present and the long-ago early relationship of two people (really more than two) to give us some background of how it all came about. I hate those kind of drugs and what happen to people who use them, so I just didn't need this. If they wanted to go there, there should have been a better way. The question left hanging is if Katarina already had a child before Red met her, doesn't that mean that Red isn't the father? So, perhaps Red loved Katarina and eventually that love was extended to the child she had by someone else. And that child should be Liz. The focus of this show has shifted, but somehow in spite of all the artistic efforts they put into this, the new focus of this episode doesn't appeal to me. I hope Liz will be back next season. I know the actress needs time, I just hope she doesn't need a permanent leave of absence. I know another show that was done in by too many departures and attempts to refocus the show. It can mean the ruin of the show in many cases. Red needs to get his act together and own up to what he's done without this BS. The spinoff, if it happens, must be without Liz's character, IMHO. So if Liz is to exist, it must be on The Blacklist. And as long as The Blacklist continues, Liz has to be necessarily a part of it, and there must be a list and some villains to be dealt with. Otherwise, nothing will work. I still think Liz is hidden away for her own safety. Somebody made a hard choice, separating Red, her baby and Liz, mirroring the choice made long ago, separating a mother and child (and a father). Liz grew up safe, with deceptions, but without her parents. And without Red, who loved her from afar. Red somehow thought he could get back into her life and still keep her safe, but that didn't work. Now, how can the child be safe? I don't really see Tom being the answer...a man who's almost as dangerous as Red, and whoever wanted Liz probably also wants the child, they will come again. Gotta be another option.
People get tortured and murdered left and right on this show but the opium was too much for you?

Old 04-23-2016, 09:16 PM

Some people, like me, have a reason for feeling that way about it.

Old 04-23-2016, 09:27 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,202 times
Quote:
Some people, like me, have a reason for feeling that way about it.
Just because you think you have a reason doesn't mean it makes sense. How on Earth is opium worse than murder and torture?

Old 04-23-2016, 11:37 PM

I can feel any way I do naturally feel about it. You can't tell someone how to feel about anything.

Old 04-24-2016, 12:00 PM

Quote:
I can feel any way I do naturally feel about it. You can't tell someone how to feel about anything.
Thank you for oversharing.

Old 04-24-2016, 04:40 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,348,476 times
ok, back to topic, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV