Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2013, 10:42 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,955,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
I've just watched Ep1&2 and it's way too formulaic and lame for me. Sorry.

So she stuck a pen into Spader's carotid artery, yanked it out, and he survived to escape from the hospital w/o even a bandage on his neck?
He did have a bandage on his neck, plainly visible at shirt collar level.

Quote:
Spader supposedly "wanted" her to know that her husband isn't whom she thinks he is by burying a box under the floor just knowing that she'd cut out the carpet while cleaning the blood at that exact spot?
I don't think Spader put the box there. Would seem the husband did. If I recall correctly, Spader hinted at her husband not being what she thought and only after she found the box she questioned Spader on it. At least that's what I remember.

Quote:
Spader gets to walk around the FBI HQ and exposed to their entire investigation?
Far as I can tell from what I've seen, just that room where they have all the photos on the glass walls. Haven't seen him near any mainframes or databases or even a networked computer.

Quote:
How did Spader yank out the tracking device in his shoulder again?
He's a top counterintelligence guy. That's what they do. In every movie ever made when a tracking device is implanted. Heck, Tom Cruise has done it three times

Anyway, I like the show - or at least Spader's character because he does it so cooly and well - but it definitely runs the risk of going off the rails due to incredulous plot lines and other characters not being able to keep up with Spader (plot or acting-wise). It is the first network broadcast show I think I could get invested in since 24.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 11:31 AM

22,858 posts, read 28,109,569 times
I missed last night's episode (episode 3). Is it worth my time to OnDemand it, or is it just more of the same? The first 2 episodes were okay, but nothing I'd schedule time to watch.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:48 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,031,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post

Anyway, I like the show - or at least Spader's character because he does it so cooly and well - but it definitely runs the risk of going off the rails due to incredulous plot lines and other characters not being able to keep up with Spader (plot or acting-wise). It is the first network broadcast show I think I could get invested in since 24.
ok ok ... the show has a good premise but I wish it wouldn't be so full of cliches -- a bomb can be disarmed by an alligator clip and snipping a white wire and then a red wire? an infallible (and smarmy) main character in Spader?

You coulda been a contender, you coulda been somebody!

Old 10-09-2013, 05:36 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,682,667 times
I didnt see it posted so my apologies if it has but NBC officially picked up the back 9 episodes bringing to a full 22 episode season.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:42 AM

3,557 posts, read 4,081,297 times
I don't remember the first few episodes but has Red killed all the people from the list?

Old 10-15-2013, 06:53 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,733,357 times
Ok now this show has me hooked with the subplots and back story! Lizzie's husband seems to be more involved with something really big, maybe homeland security. Last nights episode, who is the picture of that girl to Red?

I am assuming that all those folks were paralyzed when the acid was poured on them, which makes the stew maker even more of a monster then REd so I think he got what he deserved.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:20 AM

2,156 posts, read 3,320,744 times
I like Spader's character. He does what it needs to be done. Send people to hell. Too bad he didn't give that sex slave mob boss the same treatment on the other episode. He needs to send more of these evils to hell more often.

Old 10-15-2013, 12:03 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,527,511 times
I'm still tuning in, just to see Spader, he carries this show. Loved the bad guy, the shaving, all the scars on his body, well done. Don't like his obsession with the girl, they could write her out and I wouldn't miss her.

Old 10-15-2013, 12:27 PM

3,557 posts, read 4,081,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calnbs View Post
I like Spader's character. He does what it needs to be done. Send people to hell. Too bad he didn't give that sex slave mob boss the same treatment on the other episode. He needs to send more of these evils to hell more often.
But is he doing it out of some kind of moral obligation that he suddenly realized? I don't buy that, because we still see him keeping up with his unscrupulous practices. Or is he slowly eliminating competition and consolidating his (or a client's) grasp on the entire criminal underworld.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:22 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,433,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanchic View Post
Ok now this show has me hooked with the subplots and back story! Lizzie's husband seems to be more involved with something really big, maybe homeland security. Last nights episode, who is the picture of that girl to Red?

I am assuming that all those folks were paralyzed when the acid was poured on them, which makes the stew maker even more of a monster then REd so I think he got what he deserved.
Reminds me a bit of Dexter. He did awful things, but we like him because we think his victims deserved it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV