Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2018, 06:47 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,703,398 times

Advertisements

The last two episodes were written by Noah Schechter, and by Dave Metzger & Jon Bokenkamp & John Eisendrath. Schechter wrote one Season 4 episode, and another episode earlier in this season. Metzger has been contributing episodes since Season 3. Bokenkamp is the series creator. Eisendrath is an EP and has been writing episodes for the series since Season 1.

And the director of this last episode, Andrew McCarthy (yes, that Andrew McCarthy), has been directing two or three episodes per season since Season 2.

I think we need to chalk this improvement in quality up to simply hitting on a better balance - less of an ensemble show, no Tom Keen, and a much heavier focus on a darker Elizabeth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 04:15 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,987,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
I bet she would have. Only because it makes for a much more interesting story than what had been, which was getting incredibly boring. I say, go dark Liz, go very dark. Make it worth our while!
I'm finding the 'darker' Liz storyline interesting too. However, just from this forum, it seems like the mindset of the audience for The Blacklist is different from the mindset of the audience for Scandal: (Scandal - post #1370)

Old 02-01-2018, 06:55 PM

130,230 posts, read 12,093,129 times
So what do we think Reds secret is? Who do the bones belong to? I used to think the bones belonged to Elizabeth's Mother & that Red killed her, but I don't know how a bag of bones could prove who was the killer. I also don't know why the creeps who have the bag of bones, are so possessive of it.

Old 02-01-2018, 07:08 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,644,222 times
I have no clue.But I like it better now that Tom is gone.

Old 02-02-2018, 08:12 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,347,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
I have no clue.But I like it better now that Tom is gone.
Yeah, I lost it for Tom too. But I am still mourning Kaplan's exit.

Old 02-02-2018, 01:14 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,766,376 times
I'm not losing any sleep over Tom dying. He has himself to blame for that. He should have just let it go. As for the bones? Way back when I gave my thoughts on last season's finale I thought they were Katerina's remains. Now? I have this nagging feeling the bones belong to Lizzie's real father. What about the DNA test you ask? Remember Cooper got that sample from a bloody shirt in evidence, not from Red himself. This is going to be an interesting story line. I'm anxious to see how it ends.

I'm liking this season so far. More importantly I'm liking this version of Lizzie. The old by the book version would NEVER have gone into the "Post Office" and gotten a copy of The Stewmaker's recipe to dispose of a body. Now that she's no longer tied down by the do's and don'ts of the Bureau she's become a bit of a bad ass. I hope this Elizabeth Keen is here to stay. Even if it means she picks up where Mr. Kaplan left off and takes Red down once she learns the truth and doesn't like it.

As an aside I like how the writers have treated Ressler. He's not the annoying boyscout he was since the show began. Haram and Sahar. I know they haven't had much screen time but when they're together they're so cute. How can you not help but smile when it comes to them?

Old 02-02-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesG73 View Post
I'm not losing any sleep over Tom dying. He has himself to blame for that. He should have just let it go. As for the bones? Way back when I gave my thoughts on last season's finale I thought they were Katerina's remains. Now? I have this nagging feeling the bones belong to Lizzie's real father. What about the DNA test you ask? Remember Cooper got that sample from a bloody shirt in evidence, not from Red himself. This is going to be an interesting story line. I'm anxious to see how it ends.

I'm liking this season so far. More importantly I'm liking this version of Lizzie. The old by the book version would NEVER have gone into the "Post Office" and gotten a copy of The Stewmaker's recipe to dispose of a body. Now that she's no longer tied down by the do's and don'ts of the Bureau she's become a bit of a bad ass. I hope this Elizabeth Keen is here to stay. Even if it means she picks up where Mr. Kaplan left off and takes Red down once she learns the truth and doesn't like it.

As an aside I like how the writers have treated Ressler. He's not the annoying boyscout he was since the show began. Haram and Sahar. I know they haven't had much screen time but when they're together they're so cute. How can you not help but smile when it comes to them?

Great post Des.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:47 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,987,115 times
Quote:
I'm not losing any sleep over Tom dying. He has himself to blame for that. He should have just let it go.
Well, as someone else said to me a few pages back that Tom made a promise to Liz not to ever keep secrets between them again.(Although holding back information about him investigating the briefcase was keeping a secret from Liz.) But I agree with you that he should have let it go for her sake, even if it was keeping a secret from her... which he was already doing.

Quote:
As for the bones? Way back when I gave my thoughts on last season's finale I thought they were Katerina's remains. Now? I have this nagging feeling the bones belong to Lizzie's real father. What about the DNA test you ask? Remember Cooper got that sample from a bloody shirt in evidence, not from Red himself. This is going to be an interesting story line. I'm anxious to see how it ends.
Interesting theory, but what new player in the show could be Liz's 'real' father?

Quote:
I don't think that Liz would ever take Red down simply because she loves him. Plus, I don't think that Red is scared in having this secret, he just feels like whatever the secret is... he can't tell Liz.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:03 PM

11,055 posts, read 6,639,868 times
The last episode I was able to see, Red finally came out as Liz' father. Now I'm reading here that he is not? Good grief. Why would he be so attached to her, if he is NOT her father?

And did Kaplan die AGAIN? We're a little behind down here....

Old 02-10-2018, 11:45 AM

I am confused, this last week, Liz went to visit old man in the woods, who we find out, after she left, was her Grandpa, now have we seen him before, he seems very familiar, or am I losing the plot/my mind??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV