U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-12-2013, 02:25 PM

367 posts, read 363,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Yeah but I felt so bad for Lizzie's father and I was pissed when he was killed by Red. I hope Red will be killed later in the show, he is a scumbag. I also don't buy that there is something about the husband, I like him and doubt he will be someone sinister.
I like him a lot. I hate Red though, hopefully he will be killed soon. I hate him, he pisses me off. I like Liz very much, she is a good person and is attractive.

You may as well stop watching now. Red is the reason for the show. He's not going to be killed.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 02:52 PM

2,732 posts, read 1,224,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Yeah but I felt so bad for Lizzie's father and I was pissed when he was killed by Red. I hope Red will be killed later in the show, he is a scumbag. I also don't buy that there is something about the husband, I like him and doubt he will be someone sinister.

I like him a lot. I hate Red though, hopefully he will be killed soon. I hate him, he pisses me off. I like Liz very much, she is a good person and is attractive.

Megan Boone is hot!
That may be so, be she is an absolutely atrocious actor.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:04 PM

3,870 posts, read 2,119,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but my favorite scene last night was Lizzie's husband and Red having their little conversation. The statement beneath the innocuous conversation, that Lizzie would always be protected, that someone would be watching those closest to Lizzie, was really quite threatening. And it was meant to be threatening, not comforting. And Lizzie's husband didn't look comforted at all.
I completey missed the threatening undertones! Now that you mention it ... there goes my idea that Tom is just a teacher and is exactly who he says he is.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:54 PM

825 posts, read 667,151 times
Tom definitely looked at Red suspiciously.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:03 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,188,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
No it wasn't. Not for sure.
True. It isn't quite for sure. Indeed, what was Red looking at on the computer near the end? Perhaps that one was his own kid. Also there is still the photo taken out of the stew maker's book. Hm. Not sure what it all implies.

Does the Red/Tom scene mean it is Red who bugged the house?

Old 11-12-2013, 08:08 PM

5,329 posts, read 2,447,036 times
It's certainly been a ratings winner for NBC, and the one-two punch of it & 'Castle' has resulted in the demise of 'Hostages' on CBS, which will end its 15-show season on January 6th.

Ratings-wise, last week's episode came in #18 in the Nielsen ratings.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:13 PM

16,487 posts, read 11,994,160 times
Wow, what an amazing episode tonight. I really like Redington, but was heartbroken when he killed Lizzie's dad. I do think Red is her bio father. I knew as soon as Redington told her father "I can't let you do that" when he said he had to tell Lizzie the truth before he died, that something bad was going to happen. So Redington took the flashdrive for the blueprints for the new $100 bills, I assume that nice homemaker that was making money from her home got that and probably moved with her son to Malaysia. That lady at the end that Redington had the file on... maybe she was the girl playing at the house with bubbles and/or maybe he was the girl in the Stewmaker's picture album. Could that be another daughter, maybe Lizzie's sister? Don't know. When Redington sat next to Lizzie's husband and spoke with him, it was very threatening. I would look at him starange too if some man I didn't even know began talking to me like that. It made me think that Redington was saying that Lizzie would be fine and that he (Redington) would be in the shadows watching after her, not him.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:21 PM

2,732 posts, read 1,224,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
True. It isn't quite for sure. Indeed, what was Red looking at on the computer near the end? Perhaps that one was his own kid. Also there is still the photo taken out of the stew maker's book. Hm. Not sure what it all implies.

Does the Red/Tom scene mean it is Red who bugged the house?
It's the FBI watching the house, as the other agent (her partner?) has been seen monitoring.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:09 AM

2,879 posts, read 2,277,652 times
I hated the scene with Lizzie's adoptive father and Reddington. When Reddington said "I can't let you do that", then suddenly I knew he'd kill him! His motives weren't entirely clear, but preventing Sam from revealing tha big secret (whatever it is) to Lizzie is part of it. What does Reddington fear would happen? If say, Lizzie learns that Reddington is her real father, could she possibly deal with that? A criminal father who constantly kills people might be too hard for her to bear. I enjoyed Red's conversation with Tom. Red's quite clever. Even with all the awful things he does, somehow you want to like him. He doesn't pretend to be anything but a criminal. And he clearly cares about Lizzie!

Old 11-13-2013, 04:45 AM

16,487 posts, read 11,994,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
I hated the scene with Lizzie's adoptive father and Reddington. When Reddington said "I can't let you do that", then suddenly I knew he'd kill him! His motives weren't entirely clear, but preventing Sam from revealing tha big secret (whatever it is) to Lizzie is part of it. What does Reddington fear would happen? If say, Lizzie learns that Reddington is her real father, could she possibly deal with that? A criminal father who constantly kills people might be too hard for her to bear. I enjoyed Red's conversation with Tom. Red's quite clever. Even with all the awful things he does, somehow you want to like him. He doesn't pretend to be anything but a criminal. And he clearly cares about Lizzie!
The reason the FBI is probably watching Lizzie is that she was literally brand new to the FBI when this huge criminal walks in off the street and turns himself in but demands the only person he will talk to is Lizzie. That slone is a big red flag. Add to that the questions about her husband and no one being sure if he killed someone at that hotel or if he is with some agency and whatever is going on with him. Imagine what would happen to Lizzie's new career if they found out he was her dad, she'd be fired. Then Lizzie would also have to deal with the fact that not only was she adopted and her dad is not her real father, and Redington (who she has seen herself kill 2 people) is her bio father.

I agree, despite the things Red has done I really like the guy. He does have a very soft protective side to himself and a very dry sense of humor. Red is what he is and doesn't pretend to be anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV