Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2013, 01:00 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongyang View Post
Survivor Sucks is just the name of the forums It's really no different than Jokers Updates for BB, etc.
Survivor Sucks is not anti-Survivor, it's very PRO-Survivor but it's a spoiler site, and a pretty accurate one at that. So if you don't want to know about this upcoming season, don't go there....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2013, 07:04 AM

986 posts, read 1,666,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
I find myself on the other side simply because of the awkward tributes to people who were barely in the game. Maybe once or twice it worked, the rest it was ho-hum.

They could easily find some other way to pay tribute to fallen cast mates in a 15 to 30 second segment. Having this season go without and also without the visit from home was a nice change of pace.

Too bad they can't get an automotive sponsor to revive the car curse.
Ahhhh the car curse. Some good memories behind that one.

#17 - Yau-Man and Dreamz's deal - YouTube

Old 12-18-2013, 08:02 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
Stuff they need to fix: IMHO.

I don't care for Redemption Island. It takes up a lot of time on the show and because of that they don't have a big ol' reward challenge. I have always really enjoyed the rewards over the years. Some of them have been so totally cool. Remember swimming with the jellyfish? Remember riding horses up to the top of a volcano for a picnic lunch? Remember all the times we were privy to see the cultural, tribal aspects of the locations? Dining and overnight on a yacht has always been fun to watch, too.

I have a love/hate relationship with the segment dealing with the folks who were voted off. Sometimes it is nice to be reminded of those we can't even remember. But, the music is a downer and I always feel like I'm at a funeral. Like, how are we supposed to feel?

Where are the eating challenges? Did too many folks get sick and so they decided not to have them anymore? I've gagged enough over the years watching it but I'm always glad that I was not eating those critters or drinking cow blood.

I also love the food auctions. I miss them.

Having said all of that I also want to emphasize that I love the show. I know they are trying to make it more entertaining but often it is a good idea to stick with the basics that made the series a winner to begin with.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:27 AM

5,521 posts, read 7,109,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Stuff they need to fix: IMHO.

I don't care for Redemption Island. It takes up a lot of time on the show and because of that they don't have a big ol' reward challenge. I have always really enjoyed the rewards over the years. Some of them have been so totally cool. Remember swimming with the jellyfish? Remember riding horses up to the top of a volcano for a picnic lunch? Remember all the times we were privy to see the cultural, tribal aspects of the locations? Dining and overnight on a yacht has always been fun to watch, too.

I have a love/hate relationship with the segment dealing with the folks who were voted off. Sometimes it is nice to be reminded of those we can't even remember. But, the music is a downer and I always feel like I'm at a funeral. Like, how are we supposed to feel?

Where are the eating challenges? Did too many folks get sick and so they decided not to have them anymore? I've gagged enough over the years watching it but I'm always glad that I was not eating those critters or drinking cow blood.

I also love the food auctions. I miss them.

Having said all of that I also want to emphasize that I love the show. I know they are trying to make it more entertaining but often it is a good idea to stick with the basics that made the series a winner to begin with.
I agree, I hate Redemtion Island. It's the same person who beats everybody, they go back into the game then get voted out immediately. It's a complete waste of time. I would rather see the food rewards and luxury competitions.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:37 AM

986 posts, read 1,666,460 times
I also miss the super physical challenges, like the teams playing "football" or "basketball" with tackling against one another. I wonder if those are too much of a liability?

Also, am I in the minority when I say I liked exile island? The psychological aspect of being sent to exile island was interesting to me.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:46 AM

3,165 posts, read 1,155,635 times
I was never a Tyson fan and each week I hoped he'd get blind sided. But at the final, one of the jury menbers asked the 3 finalists to give a 1 word answer to describe themselves. The first two gave the usual Blah blah answers, like...honest, loyal, trustworthy..etc. etc. then Tyson, being Tyson, said fun-loving.
I would have voted for him after that, for not trying to suck up to the jury!

Old 12-18-2013, 08:54 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowesthand View Post
I was never a Tyson fan and each week I hoped he'd get blind sided. But at the final, one of the jury menbers asked the 3 finalists to give a 1 word answer to describe themselves. The first two gave the usual Blah blah answers, like...honest, loyal, trustworthy..etc. etc. then Tyson, being Tyson, said fun-loving.
I would have voted for him after that, for not trying to suck up to the jury!

I give kudos to Tyson for never being fake.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:01 AM

3,165 posts, read 1,155,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I give kudos to Tyson for never being fake.
and plus he wore the cool tux t-shirt finals!!

Old 12-18-2013, 09:40 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedmustang View Post
I also miss the super physical challenges, like the teams playing "football" or "basketball" with tackling against one another. I wonder if those are too much of a liability?

Also, am I in the minority when I say I liked exile island? The psychological aspect of being sent to exile island was interesting to me.
I always liked exile island, especially back when it actually was an island. Eventually it just ended up being a separate place in the same area the tribe camps were.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:46 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,236,871 times
I like the food auctions too, lol. Love the photography but would also like to see more info on the local people and their culture and maybe some details on what the particular island is noted for. Sometimes, particularly the ocean cliff scenes, it looks to me as if it's filmed here in Oregon, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV