Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2013, 06:52 AM

4,361 posts, read 6,528,616 times

Advertisements

I don't think Rupert is long for this game. Bad move on his part, terrible. And now look at him, lazy and self centered. He's going to lose on RI.

Colton for sure has NOT changed. It's like he picked up some red-neck dude just to come play survivor with. There's no Crying in Survivor.

WTH was that with Brad Culpepper trying to count? Newbie tribe needs to step it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 06:55 AM

7,364 posts, read 5,478,151 times
I thought the first epi was OK.
I did not realize this is Ruperts FOURTH time playing the game, maybe that's why they thought he's a threat and tried to get rid of his wife? The thing I hate about Rupert is that he feels so entitled to be there for everything, like his tribe will fall apart if he isn't there to fish and provide. Get real!
I have never and still don't like Redemption Island.
Why had Gervase not learned to swim in 13 tears?
I'm not picking up what Colton is throwing down. He's still a mean boy. Hope he gets voted off soon!
And too much crying, that's going to get old with me.
I honestly can't remember some of these people. Monica? I must not have paid attention to certain people in past seasons
Voting off Marissa just because her uncle acted like a tool was a dumb reason to voted her off
All in all I think this might be a good season of Survivor. (I hope!)

Old 09-19-2013, 07:02 AM

6,883 posts, read 7,881,752 times
After all these years, I still cannot understand why people apply to be on Survivor without first learning at least three ways to start a freakin' fire. I just want to knock all their heads together.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:04 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,159,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
After all these years, I still cannot understand why people apply to be on Survivor without first learning at least three ways to start a freakin' fire. I just want to knock all their heads together.
And considering - they had loved ones on the show previously(I'm sure they discussed fire making)...

Old 09-19-2013, 07:08 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
rxgrrl, paragraphs are your friends. Would make reading so much easier.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:18 AM

6,883 posts, read 7,881,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Oh I agree but she was the first winner that just floated on coat tails you know? Colby was the complete package of being able to survive IMO.
omg, when the camp was flooded and everyone just stood there and watched their only food source wash away, Tina jumped into the flood and got the tin of rice. Unlike most of what occurs on Survivor, floodwaters are genuinely dangerous. She had no hesitation. As far as I was concerned, she won it that day. There were others on that tribe who said the same thing. I hope I can be just like Tina when I grow up.

Don't get me wrong, I loved every drool-ishious moment of Colby on that season. Especially because he chose her for the final because he KNEW she was more deserving than he was.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:28 AM

5,509 posts, read 7,102,385 times
I enjoyed it despite how we hate returning players, sometimes they keep it interesting. What's with all these crybaby gay guys? Between Colton and than Andy from Big Brother, they need to man up and stop being sniffling sissies!

Old 09-19-2013, 08:23 AM

4,361 posts, read 6,528,616 times
To me it appears as it will be a pretty good season. After one epi most are still unknown but felt to not be up to par with past seasons. Not so here, I think we're good to go. Plenty of fireworks a coming.

Looks like Candace was an obvious vote on the returners since she and her hubbie were last minute replacements for RC and her Dad (BP issue). Mr Candace was right to leave her at RI as I think she'll kick ass there. Love how she's hating on Rupert along with all those who voted her off, go kill another coconut girl.

Aras (sp?) would be my first epi prediction to win. However it's way early and he could easily become a target.

Nice to have Survivor back and equally nice that it seems like a good season at hand.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:34 AM

3,997 posts, read 5,012,780 times
I knew I'd watch but I was really hesitant about doing so because I despise returning players...and then to allow their relatives or whatever to come on and given a free ride just really irked me to no end. BUT...after watching the show last night, I think I might be able to latch on and enjoy it...even though I do share some of the same complaints as my fellow posters.

Gervaise: Dumbazz...thought I might like him this time but what a jerk for boasting not even thinking it might have an effect on his loved one. Duh...be happy you won, smile, but don't gloat and fist pump. As far as Marissa getting voted out for that??? O.M.G. what a silly useless move...this is the time to vote out the weakest link. Sheesh.

Kat/Hayden: I didn't know they were dating so I was really surprised to see Hayden matched up with her. I liked him in Big Brother (well, he grew on me) and he doesn't seem to be full of himself so I think I can get on board with him at least.

I like most of the newbies...the football guy (Monica's husband...doesn't Jeff call him Culpepper?)...he needs to pipe down because I think historically that the guy who makes the alliances and tells everyone who to vote off, usually gets voted off quicker than the rest. Plus, he's not real bright...that counting thing...reminded me of Elissa on Big Brother trying to do math. I just want to say, "Don't!".

I LOVED how Rupert didn't lift a finger...not only did it rattle his opponent but it conserved his energy. Candice isn't that smart if she doesn't consider his angle...which it seemed she didn't. He was always the guy who exhausted himself...this time, he learned from his mistakes. Remember that guy called Boston Rob? He only exerted himself when he absolutely had to and usually only at challenges...he was a beast in challenges because he conserved energy and all the other little minions fed him etc. See how that works? Only some personalities can get away with it though...

Which brings me to Colton...I think CBS really sold out this year with bringing back a racist little prig who doesn't want to get dirty. Is that really necessary for ratings when, and call me crazy, you have so many other fun and interesting people to watch? I find it interesting that people who are truly sorry for their prior behavior are the ones who actually say "I'm SORRY". Notice how that didn't cross his lips? Argh...I will say he has pretty eyes...but that's all I can muster for now.

I used to like how Dimples would have a key role in how Tribal was directed...sort of leading the tribe this way or that... but lately, I admit, I think he's been a bit too heavy handed. Ah, just my opinion...he won't stop so I guess I need to get over it. I do agree that the photography is STUNNING...I've wanted to visit every place they've every filmed. I've also tried out for Survivor twice...now, I think, I don't think I could handle the physical aspects...sad though that they don't have one single person who looks like a real person. Maybe one day...

Old 09-19-2013, 08:43 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
I've also tried out for Survivor twice...now, I think, I don't think I could handle the physical aspects...sad though that they don't have one single person who looks like a real person. Maybe one day...
Shell! Are you trying to tell us that Rupert, Tyson, Tina, not to mention a few others, like Rup's wife, are NOT real looking people? Man, I thought 2 times before and still think Tyson is one of the fugliest men I have ever seen!!!! The others are just average looking joes and janes IMO. You can almost tell when the program changed by the retunees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV