Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2013, 12:08 PM

1,533 posts, read 1,591,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
Bite your tongue, Longnecker!

Seriously, that guy has no place being in public. Just because he thrives in chaos and drama does NOT mean he'd be good at BB. I tell you one thing, I'd vote him out FIRST. I know you were kidding though...right???
Oh, I don't know, Shell, Colton could bring some good drama to the BB House. He couldn't be any worse than the cast this season

I was actually looking forward to see what he would bring to Survivor this season and was disappointed his true colors came out so quickly. I think the returning players are kind of boring so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2013, 12:50 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,186,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
Is "Dimples" now wearing the same style shirts as Phil on The Amazing Race? lol
I don't know because I don't watch AR and I don't know who Phil is sorry.

If Caleb were to make it to the final 3 I can't see the jury voting for him because of his quitter b/f.

Don't know who casting has final say but they suck at their job.

Old 10-04-2013, 05:59 PM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times
How about a match between Colton from Survivor and Amanda from Big Brother...
Wouldn't that be a ratings hoot.

Old 10-05-2013, 05:45 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,884,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Sorry to be using spoilers. But if we decide to talk in real time and not use them I won't in the future if I decide to stay with the show. I remember that last time, even though I watch late in Pacific time, someone pointed out they watch in Alaska time or something and didn't want to see the results even in my time. I can wait until the next day in the future but tonight I just had to vent.

I cannot remember when I have ever seen a more stupid show. I mean any more stupid show. I didn't even bother to watch the previews of next week's show, I changed the channel to watch the last episode of "America's Got Talent."

From begining to end "Suvivor was just lame, lame, lame. From the first stunt.

Spoiler
Having them vote two people off right off the bat and then revealing they would be on RI. Duh, as if we didn't know they were going to wind up there!

To the second stunt.

Spoiler
Allowing the loved ones to trade places and go to RI.

To the third stunt.

Spoiler
Switching the newbies loved ones who went to RI to opposite teams. Why?

To the fourth stunt.

Spoiler
The women on the newbie tribe who voted out another WOMAN even though they were already outnumbered and the men were clearly ganging up on them. That was their chance to even the playing field a little and vote a man out.

The worst part of this whole thing, and it's not giving anything away anything for those who have an even later air time than Pacific, is the constant boo-hooing about their loved ones. "Boo-hoo, I betrayed him/her." "Boo-hoo I want to be with him/her." "Boo-hoo, I can't compete against him/her." "Boo-hoo, I hope he/she will forgive me."

Too much crying!!!!!!!

The feature I have always disliked the most about "Survivor" is the meeting up with the "loved ones" episode. This looks like it is going to be one great big long season of weeping and wailing "loved ones" episode. I don't know if I can take it for an entire season.
Hi everyone! Got caught up on my Survivor episodes. I bought a season pass for the show on Itunes because I don't have cable. For the record, I am the Alaskan watching but I do not go on this thread until I have watched all the episodes. No risk of spoiling anything for me on here. Glad Colton quit again. I feel sorry for his fiance, he seems really nice. And I was so sad to see Rupert leave. He looks really in shape!

Old 10-05-2013, 09:34 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,186,749 times
Hi Gobrien glad you are caught up & can join us. It was kind of sad seeing Rupert leave even with him I really still don't like returning players. I believe Mrs. Rupert & he was working out before the show to gain strength seems it worked for both.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:28 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,267,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
if I had been John I would have told the other tribe members that Brad has the clues to the II, as I was leaving.
Brad already kind of told them. At one point during the episode, the others asked him what the clue said (so it seems he had already mentioned that John showed him the clue) and he paraphrased it to the others. So they do know that Culpepper has seen the clue but Culpepper also kind of told them the clue as well.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:38 AM

I'm not sure what I think of John being voted out. On the one hand, they really needed to get him out before Candace could get back in the game. No way did you want both of them running around together. Also, you really increase the chance of at least one of them (John or Candace) going home. But at the same time, I do see it as weakening the tribe, which is an issue already.

If I'm part of Brad's alliance, I keep him around. He has a HUGE target on his back not just in his own tribe, but the other tribe. When the merge comes, if Brad is still around, he will likely be targeted before anyone else on the loved ones tribe because they all see him as the mastermind behind getting rid of their loved ones. That is not a good place for him to be in. On the other hand, Brad did blurt out at the beginning about thinking about throwing a challenge so that his wife could have comfort or something. So when the merge comes, he may be a bit more willing to go along with his wife.

The only thing I'm going to say about Colton is this from Probst's weekly interview with Entertainment Weekly found here 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water': Jeff Probst says 'we couldn't blame Colton without also blaming ourselves' | Inside TV | EW.com

EW: What really struck me was when you said, “We brought a quitter back and we got a quit again.” It almost seemed like you taking a very public mental note in sort of a “fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me” sort of way. Is that the case?
PROBST: Yes, because we really did get what we deserved. We took a shot on someone who we all believed quit the first time and we knew the risks that came with bringing them back. So it was frustrating to watch it happen again because it really does suck some of the momentum out of the show. I also felt we had to own our part in it. We couldn’t blame Colton without also blaming ourselves. We are the first to take credit when a casting idea works so we have to accept blame when it doesn’t.

As Jeff mentioned in last week's interview, he's not a fan of Colton and was not a fan of the idea of bringing him back. If Colton is considered having quit last time, I believe this would be the first time they ever brought back someone that actually quit. Jeff absolutely hates quitters and for good reason. He usually rakes them over the coals.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:04 AM

3,983 posts, read 5,014,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZPam View Post
Oh, I don't know, Shell, Colton could bring some good drama to the BB House. He couldn't be any worse than the cast this season

I was actually looking forward to see what he would bring to Survivor this season and was disappointed his true colors came out so quickly. I think the returning players are kind of boring so far.
He may have fit well with last season's cast, but that's sort of my point...I never want to see the quitter again (One World should've been the last time!!) and I wouldn't want him to ruin another show (like BB). True he might add the necessary drama for a good season, but I don't like his kind of drama. With that said, Hayden WON Big Brother and so far on Survivor, we see a strong player who people like...hmmmm, sounds familiar. I bet HE goes far.

The returning players seem tired to me...if that's the kind of boring you mean. I like that they're mostly calm and seem really together...and that's why they're winning. They know how to play to their strengths and they keep winning gear. As someone else mentioned, it seems like they'll do a mash up before the merge happens...that should prove interesting if that happens.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
Is "Dimples" now wearing the same style shirts as Phil on The Amazing Race? lol
If you're talking about the blue button-down shirt, he always wears that. Was he wearing a different style that I didn't notice? I do agree that Probst and Phil dress similarly on their shows.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:45 AM

No one has mentioned yet that Brad made a huge, HUGE mistake in telling people he wanted them to vote out John and he was going to vote for Cierra so John would still like him.

What..... the..... heck??? I think that is my vote for the dumbest thing anyone has said this season. Why would you say that? That just proves to people that you're shady and want them to look like the bad guy while you go off looking like the good guy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV