Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 07:54 PM

4,362 posts, read 6,531,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
What time,day and channel is this show on? I came back from vacation and can't find it.
Fox be the Gordon Ramsey Network. Been the two hour version of late on Wednesday eve, and I think it's on at 8:00 Eastern Time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 08:48 PM

608 posts, read 1,708,221 times
As soon as it became clear the elimination challenge was about chicken, I knew Krissi would survive (unfortunately). She's definitely become the villain this season --- she's a great cook, but just has such a rotten attitude.

All but one of the chefs will lose the competition, but nearly all of them will land great jobs. The show sort of doubles as audition to work at a top-notch restaurant. People like Lynn, Jordan, James, and Jessie could probably easily find a great job now, even if they lose the competition.

I'm not so sure about Krissi. Her attitude is so terrible, it's difficult to imagine anyone wanting to hire her. For every team challenge, it's always been someone else's fault that they've fared poorly (according to her). Yet, she's the common denominator --- the losing team always includes her. She's incapable of working with other people. She has the cooking talent to be a great chef --- but she completely lacks the leadership and teamwork skills; as well as the mental aspect.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:46 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,959,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Fox be the Gordon Ramsey Network. Been the two hour version of late on Wednesday eve, and I think it's on at 8:00 Eastern Time.
I looked for it on Fox. I have Directv and it didn't list it. I was going to record it so I could watch another show. I will have to search it in the guide and see what the heck is up.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:31 AM

461 posts, read 796,760 times
Since when did this show become one Walmart commercial?

Old 07-12-2013, 08:38 AM

861 posts, read 1,147,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
I looked for it on Fox. I have Directv and it didn't list it. I was going to record it so I could watch another show. I will have to search it in the guide and see what the heck is up.
DirecTV Channel 7 on Wednesday nights (7:00 PM Central time). I DVR it each week and watch when I have time. And I can fast forward through commercials.

I loved the part of the show when Graham came out of the water looking like he only had on a speedo. How scary was that????

I stopped on my way home at Walmart last night and bought one of their signature Rib Eye steaks. I didn't tell my wife where I bought it until after she ate it. She thought the flavor was very good and enjoyed it. I'll admit that I was very surprised with the quality. I'm not a big fan of Walmart.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:56 PM

608 posts, read 1,708,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by entyss View Post
Yeah ... it's getting annoying.

Wal-Mart's produce never looks as good at the store as it does on Masterchef. Steaks might be better, but Wal-Mart is the last place on Earth I'd shop for fresh produce.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:07 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,679,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiderotsGhost View Post
Yeah ... it's getting annoying.

Wal-Mart's produce never looks as good at the store as it does on Masterchef. Steaks might be better, but Wal-Mart is the last place on Earth I'd shop for fresh produce.
Right on! I've never been to any other place and seen gnats and wilting produce. I'd only get produce from Wal-Mart if every grocery store was out of what I was looking for.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:20 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,959,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryDactyls View Post
DirecTV Channel 7 on Wednesday nights (7:00 PM Central time). I DVR it each week and watch when I have time. And I can fast forward through commercials.

I loved the part of the show when Graham came out of the water looking like he only had on a speedo. How scary was that????

I stopped on my way home at Walmart last night and bought one of their signature Rib Eye steaks. I didn't tell my wife where I bought it until after she ate it. She thought the flavor was very good and enjoyed it. I'll admit that I was very surprised with the quality. I'm not a big fan of Walmart.

I finally found it. I live in Charlotte and DirecTV flip flopped two of our channels last week. It's channel 46 for me versus 18.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:10 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,355,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by entyss View Post
Seriously.

And they are so bad about doing product placement. It'll be something like this:

Graham, speaking sort of robotic and not fluid at all: They are using the XYZ Stainless Steel Knife System, which is very sophisticated. These knives make clean cuts and they are a favorite of professional chefs throughout the world. ::insert close-up of the name of the knife::

Old 07-16-2013, 10:37 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,710,189 times
I bet they HATE shilling for walmart.

I like the vegetarian girl. She's got spunk and she does so well w/ meat and seafood, even though she doesn't eat it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV