Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 08:30 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times

Advertisements

The character that plays Joyce is a producer of this show along with her husband. They self funded it before hawking it to networks I found that interesting on an interview I saw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 06:38 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,121,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
The character that plays Joyce is a producer of this show along with her husband. They self funded it before hawking it to networks I found that interesting on an interview I saw.
Joyce is a new "housewife" on RHOBH for the new season. It should be interesting!

Old 09-14-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniej65 View Post
Joyce is a new "housewife" on RHOBH for the new season. It should be interesting!
Seriously? Who is she to have the status of becoming a RHOBH??? She is beautiful it will be interesting to see if she gets all snarky & catty like other housewives do.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:40 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,121,110 times
Quote:
Seriously? Who is she to have the status of becoming a RHOBH??? She is beautiful it will be interesting to see if she gets all snarky & catty like other housewives do.
Her husband is Michael Ohoven a producer who is supposed to be worth around 50 million dollars. He has produced several movies and he and Joyce have been friends for quite a while with Mohammed Haddid (Yolanda Foster's ex).

New blood should be interesting!

Old 09-14-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniej65 View Post
Her husband is Michael Ohoven a producer who is supposed to be worth around 50 million dollars. He has produced several movies and he and Joyce have been friends for quite a while with Mohammed Haddid (Yolanda Foster's ex).

New blood should be interesting!
I figured it had a connection to Yolanda the others are too high nosed primpers.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:35 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,247,964 times
Quote:
I really wish the network had done a little promotion. It's quite unique. Its interesting that they use a script so the story doesn't take off on its own (I get that. I like writing and one story had to be reedited since one character sort of took over and took it off the garden path completely). But I guess the script is given to them with JUST enough time to read over the lines, then they are told where to go and what to do, and so the human reactions are true. I can go for this sort of storytelling. And that it doesn't feel staged is cool.

I think the network didn't quite know where to put it so they stuck it where they did. It's will be interesting to do a comparison to Under the Dome and the survival mentality when both are done.

I hope they release it on dvd. I'd buy it.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I really wish the network had done a little promotion. It's quite unique. Its interesting that they use a script so the story doesn't take off on its own (I get that. I like writing and one story had to be reedited since one character sort of took over and took it off the garden path completely). But I guess the script is given to them with JUST enough time to read over the lines, then they are told where to go and what to do, and so the human reactions are true. I can go for this sort of storytelling. And that it doesn't feel staged is cool.

I think the network didn't quite know where to put it so they stuck it where they did. It's will be interesting to do a comparison to Under the Dome and the survival mentality when both are done.

I hope they release it on dvd. I'd buy it.

I agree the concept of that kind of reality show is new & it does make it seem real look how many at the beginning of this thread was questioning that. It will be interesting to see what goes on after this season but I like this show way better than Dome. The acting is even better in Siberia yes the network should have invested in some promoting because they didn't have production costs to deal with. Bet they are kicking their selves in the rear for not doing that now.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:07 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,247,964 times
Quote:
I agree the concept of that kind of reality show is new & it does make it seem real look how many at the beginning of this thread was questioning that. It will be interesting to see what goes on after this season but I like this show way better than Dome. The acting is even better in Siberia yes the network should have invested in some promoting because they didn't have production costs to deal with. Bet they are kicking their selves in the rear for not doing that now.
Sadly, Dome has finally hit a point at the end of the first season, thought I think it getting a second may have messed up the story line and bet there were writers working overtime rewriting scripts.... It's finally about something. If Siberia is available on Amazon, I just may buy the season and do a watch. I am really hoping they do a dvd set. They may to recoop a little of what they might have made.

I'm wondering where they actually stayed while filming too. Did the 'survivors' live in the cabins over night which would certainly increase their perception of the reality.

I think this is a viable form of 'reality' show which works for general sceptics like me on reality shows.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Sadly, Dome has finally hit a point at the end of the first season, thought I think it getting a second may have messed up the story line and bet there were writers working overtime rewriting scripts.... It's finally about something. If Siberia is available on Amazon, I just may buy the season and do a watch. I am really hoping they do a dvd set. They may to recoop a little of what they might have made.

I'm wondering where they actually stayed while filming too. Did the 'survivors' live in the cabins over night which would certainly increase their perception of the reality.

I think this is a viable form of 'reality' show which works for general sceptics like me on reality shows.
Yes when they said Dome got another season I knew I wasn't long for that show and the acting is really bad for the most part. It is not even close to realistic in how the people react or not react.

I bet Siberia will be on DVD so the producers can make some money it would be interesting to know where the cast did stay. Or if they are going to try it again.

Old 09-17-2013, 01:52 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Who's Amy? The girl that was mourning Natalie? That Esther is some piece of work, isn't she? That apt must be her and the producer's love nest. So where did she go? Coming up the stairs behind him? There IS something out there. That "call" is of a monster. I enjoyed tonight's show more since I learned that the actors are basically ad-libbing the dialogue. Pretty clever.

'Til next summer.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV