Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 03:43 AM

198 posts, read 421,922 times

Advertisements

ok now i am confused. i thought they were all actors and the whole thing is fake?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 07:17 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sith View Post
ok now i am confused. i thought they were all actors and the whole thing is fake?
What makes you confused, sith? It's blatantly fake now. Last week was a little iffy but not now IMO.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:28 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,678,559 times
Of course its fake. No way would they continue a show where someone got eaten by a bear or wolf or whatever they want you to believe it is. No way would some hot model chick be sleeping in the same bed as that nerdy guy. No way would some guy be tanning on top of the roof nor would they allow people to sneak in lighters in their boots.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:43 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,164,319 times
Cmon' - Do you honestly think this show is real?

The girl who ate the shroom's. You're all going to die - Get real.. LMAO......

This show reminds me a Blair Witch Project - which in my opinion was horrendous.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Cmon' - Do you honestly think this show is real?

The girl who ate the shroom's. You're all going to die - Get real.. LMAO......

This show reminds me a Blair Witch Project - which in my opinion was horrendous.
It was, wasn't it?? Worst I have ever seen IMO.

sith, did you also get a look at the "footprint" left by the "whatever"? Kinda dinosaurish looking, wasn't it? That was a BIG clue.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:03 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Of course its fake. No way would they continue a show where someone got eaten by a bear or wolf or whatever they want you to believe it is. No way would some hot model chick be sleeping in the same bed as that nerdy guy. No way would some guy be tanning on top of the roof nor would they allow people to sneak in lighters in their boots.
I think for the ones playing the game it is real. They have nothing around them to dissuade them from that idea, unlike stuff like Survivor. After a few days and a few shocks, psychologically they'll slip into survival mode without the immunity and crap to remind them its not real.

Without it being so dramatic I think they are using psychology against them, and as time goes on the more they'll find a nitch for themselves in the play without really getting its a play.

If you like this show, look up The Colony which was on Discovery I believe, and available on other sites. It's not a contest, nobody got more than the normal pay for screen time which anyone on a reality show gets by law, and yet its very very compelling as the people lose touch with the real world around them so quickly. This is sort of the gamesters version of it.

Sometimes tv today makes me think of the 'game shows' in 'futuristic movies' of twenty years ago which except that they don't really die look more and more like them.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I think for the ones playing the game it is real. They have nothing around them to dissuade them from that idea, unlike stuff like Survivor. After a few days and a few shocks, psychologically they'll slip into survival mode without the immunity and crap to remind them its not real.

Without it being so dramatic I think they are using psychology against them, and as time goes on the more they'll find a nitch for themselves in the play without really getting its a play.

If you like this show, look up The Colony which was on Discovery I believe, and available on other sites. It's not a contest, nobody got more than the normal pay for screen time which anyone on a reality show gets by law, and yet its very very compelling as the people lose touch with the real world around them so quickly. This is sort of the gamesters version of it.

Sometimes tv today makes me think of the 'game shows' in 'futuristic movies' of twenty years ago which except that they don't really die look more and more like them.
They aren't playing a REAL game. They aren't REAL contestants, they are ACTORS playing contestants. They won't slip into the "REAL" mode the Colonists did, IMO. The Colony was realistic, this is far fetched.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:04 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,186,749 times
If it were 'real' the food in the shack wouldn't not take them through winter they better get off their butts and go find more. Don't know if it is editing or what but none of them seem to think past their next camera shot except the black guy. Where is the pile of firewood they should be gathering? The barrels of water they should be filling? With 3 people gone why is that one chick still sleeping in the same bed with that one dude? Why are they sleeping in the only clothes they have so whatever they rub up against they are now putting in their bed covers.

Man a boy or girl scout troop could survive better than these folks.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:50 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
If it were 'real' the food in the shack wouldn't not take them through winter they better get off their butts and go find more. Don't know if it is editing or what but none of them seem to think past their next camera shot except the black guy. Where is the pile of firewood they should be gathering? The barrels of water they should be filling? With 3 people gone why is that one chick still sleeping in the same bed with that one dude? Why are they sleeping in the only clothes they have so whatever they rub up against they are now putting in their bed covers.

Man a boy or girl scout troop could survive better than these folks.
I'm thinking the food is slated to be a temperary ruse. I'm sure something is slated to happen to it and be a huge shock. Then they *are* on their own. I'm sure there is food out there to find but they have to leave the closest to safety to do it and it will prune out the ones who are not willing to do that.

It will be interesting when the moment comes that there IS no firewood and its the food is gone and they really have to play it for real. I'm betting that they have an out will pick out the ones who slip past the 'game' to an assumed reality.

Never had any intention of watching this but now I'm interested. Survivor with their contests and immunity bored me really well early on. Now for one of these shows where they put the contenstants/victums in a place expecting it to have a few extras and all they have is cameras and an emergency crew for someone who gets hurt enough they can't deal with it but they officially 'die'. This would have to be or the lawyers would be all over them and the lawsuits would last longer than the show. It would be done in such a way that the 'contestents' either had someone simply wander to far and dissapear or they'd get a blood smear of an animal and evidence their former companion was dinner.

The ones remaining sceptical and ruining the illusion would have an 'accident'.

Now I bet that would be a huge hit. Just imagine if it turned into Lord of the Flies.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:26 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,615,476 times
I knew there was something "fishy" about this show. I quit watching after the first episode. I was really annoyed by the opening speech "there will be no contests here in Siberia". Which was immediately followed by a contest. Swiss Miss and Kumar's little "getting lost" act was one of the worst pieces of fakery I've seen on a "reality" show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV