U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 07:00 PM

12,467 posts, read 17,696,237 times
Default Siberia

New TV Show on NBC starting July 1. It is about 16 contestants on a reality show which turns out not to be a reality show at all. The tabloids are calling it "Lost" meets "Survivor". NBC's 'Siberia' trailer: It's 'Lost' meets 'Survivor' | Inside TV | EW.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 10:38 PM

1,502 posts, read 1,489,802 times
I just saw a preview for this tonight. I wish I had been paying more attention. I'll check it out.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:54 PM

12,756 posts, read 7,857,381 times
That looks pretty good actually.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:01 PM

12,961 posts, read 7,437,117 times
I'll be darned. I saw a commercial last night for "Siberia" too and I wasn't paying that much attention either. I thought it was a new reality show that was really whacked. Now I see what it's about. Cool! I will be watching this baby!

Old 07-01-2013, 09:15 PM

12,961 posts, read 7,437,117 times
Did anyone watch this tonight? I don't know what to think of it!
Spoiler
One of the contestants died? One of the cameramen was seriously injured? I
don't know if I buy this. The "Dimples" of this show told the group they would
get 5K if they wanted to go home and he'd be back later for the answers. The
dead dude was from Boston and if he DID die I would think it would be on the
news at least by tonight. I've heard nada so that makes me think it's a set-up.
Next week looks like most of them melt down already!

Old 07-01-2013, 10:07 PM

13 posts, read 8,417 times
Horrible show. This is what they call a "reality show based thriller" meaning they are actors. Just read the credits...at the end it says "filmed in Manitoba Canada" and further proof is the guy that died (Tommy Mountain) was tweeting tonight that he couldn't wait to see the first episode!

Old 07-01-2013, 10:33 PM

409 posts, read 445,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Did anyone watch this tonight? I don't know what to think of it!
Spoiler
One of the contestants died? One of the cameramen was seriously injured? I
don't know if I buy this. The "Dimples" of this show told the group they would
get 5K if they wanted to go home and he'd be back later for the answers. The
dead dude was from Boston and if he DID die I would think it would be on the
news at least by tonight. I've heard nada so that makes me think it's a set-up.
Next week looks like most of them melt down already!
No need to worry it's not real as stated. Honestly I kind of liked it though, not much else on during the Summer. The Carolina & Esther characters are easy on the eyes... so I'll keep watching for now.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:55 AM

16,423 posts, read 11,181,604 times
I watched the first show tonight and it was soooo stupid. Yes, for now the contestants feel they are on a real reality show, but the things that happened later in the show were really stupid. So one of the contestant suddenly gets hurt and no one sees what happens and the whole group is confused and agitated. All you see is one of this guys hands is all bloody. The camera crew (I assume) whisks him off and out of sight. No sooner does that happen when the host of the show appears and tells them he died. I mean come on, he died that fast? Even if it were true they would certainly debrief the crew before deciding if they were going to tell the contestants or not. Then that night at the campfire all these scary noises come out of the dark and frighten everyone to go into their bunkhouses for the night. At the very end of the show you see one of the contestants out in the woods searching for the mushrooms to eat and it ends with something scary to leave you hanging. How many times do you think there is going to be these stupid accidents and creepy creature noises before people start believing they are being led on???

Old 07-02-2013, 06:46 AM

9,681 posts, read 6,983,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I watched the first show tonight and it was soooo stupid. Yes, for now the contestants feel they are on a real reality show, but the things that happened later in the show were really stupid. So one of the contestant suddenly gets hurt and no one sees what happens and the whole group is confused and agitated. All you see is one of this guys hands is all bloody. The camera crew (I assume) whisks him off and out of sight. No sooner does that happen when the host of the show appears and tells them he died. I mean come on, he died that fast? Even if it were true they would certainly debrief the crew before deciding if they were going to tell the contestants or not. Then that night at the campfire all these scary noises come out of the dark and frighten everyone to go into their bunkhouses for the night. At the very end of the show you see one of the contestants out in the woods searching for the mushrooms to eat and it ends with something scary to leave you hanging. How many times do you think there is going to be these stupid accidents and creepy creature noises before people start believing they are being led on???
I'm betting it works. The series The Colony on Discovery took a group of people of varying ages and ability and put them into an end of the world situation. Of course, when they went into the three days of isolation that came before they were moved out, they knew it was a show. Two or three weeks in, suspended in this post apoc world 24/7 they had started reacting exactly as if it was real. It is fascinating. I just may watch Siberia since it sounds like they are taking the same tact.

I did see a little of the end, and it sounds like they thought they were going to be on Survivor, but discovered it was a little more 'rough' than that. They all sounded like they were in shock. My guess is the 'death' was staged but like the actors in Colony which played invaders it was to bring a sense of reality.

I've long thought the reality show I'd watch would be one you take the boat and beach it with a hull breach on the island and leave behind ONLY cameras.... no contests, no help and let them see what they really are made of. Imagine the ratings if it became Lord of the Flies.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:00 AM

1,993 posts, read 1,352,538 times
Couldn't even bring myself to watch. Another ridiculous show. ugh!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV