Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 07:09 AM

1,594 posts, read 5,269,464 times

Advertisements

I totally thought they were safe too! I was about to throw my remote at the TV! Kynt & Vyxsin almost got 1st place...love them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 10:59 AM

16,226 posts, read 27,299,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
Oh yeah, so glad the blondes are gone. Scared me for a moment when that guy paused before telling them they were eliminated! I thought, OH NO, not a non-elimination round!
I was holding my breath too, because that pause sure made it SEEM like they were going to get another chance - thank God they got sent home.

Go Kynt & Vyxyn or however they spell it - goth or not, they seem like the most decent people of the lot, and I seem to recall they were the only ones who found time to look around them and be moved to tears at the plight of the locals in Africa. And it wasn't a Hollywood moment - you could tell their compassion was sincere.

Old 12-03-2007, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

Go Kynt & Vyxyn or however they spell it .

I totally googled that one! I definitely agree with ya.

Old 12-03-2007, 11:18 AM

13,791 posts, read 8,129,385 times
Kynt and Vyxyn are funny...sincere but funny....when he was asking for directions from someone last night, he made sure to tell them to enjoy their lunch and their fruit as he ran away..lol..they seem like they have good hearts. The Blondes never learn...in fact, no one ever learns on this show. It seems that whoever uses those U-turns or Delays on other teams usually has to pay the price the next week by either losing all their cash or getting eliminated...it's just not worth it to me and you can tell that the one blonde was so upset about using it and the other was fine because her reasoning was that it was a game....that's partly why they were bickering last night.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:25 PM

I agree 940. It is like this group of people never watched the show. For instance, last night was the very first time I saw someone pay a cab to follow to the next route marker. And if the Blondes had watched they would have known to never ever use the U-turn or Yield this soon. That was the one thing that Rob and Amber had going for them... they really knew the show and manipulated the rules towards their advantage.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:59 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,710,702 times
I've really gotten to like Kynt and Vyxen. You notice that when they got to the airport they stopped to find someone to get directions too before jumping in the car and tearing off just any direction. Might have put them a teeny bit behind out of the gate at the airport but it paid off BIG for them in the long run. I'll agree, they are the ONLY ones that have not thought of themselves in this race (by what has been shown on tv - who knows what has been cut). The bit in Africa got me to thinking, I wish the producers would do some kind of sequel or something to go back to all of the participants and find out who has gone back to one of the places they visited. Be it they went back for a trip to see more of the place and/or if they went back to do some kind of charity work. Also makes you wonder if any of them have changed their profession/career based on their experiences on the show. ????? Anyone else think that would be a good idea? Mabye we could do a letter writting campaign if enough are interested.

As for the rest on this race. I'm glad the dad & daughter team is acting better. He seems to have calmed down and turned back "on". TK and Rachel I like too. I LOVED how he just fit right in at the university. He was able to get help from the locals because of his attitude. Nathan and Jen, if that is their names??? Can go home next. Followed closely by the grandson and grandfather - no one would help him and I believe it has to do w/ his attitude coming off. He was not "approachable" so no one would help him.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:06 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,129,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
The bit in Africa got me to thinking, I wish the producers would do some kind of sequel or something to go back to all of the participants and find out who has gone back to one of the places they visited. Be it they went back for a trip to see more of the place and/or if they went back to do some kind of charity work. Also makes you wonder if any of them have changed their profession/career based on their experiences on the show. ????? Anyone else think that would be a good idea? Mabye we could do a letter writting campaign if enough are interested.

Followed closely by the grandson and grandfather - no one would help him and I believe it has to do w/ his attitude coming off. He was not "approachable" so no one would help him.
That's a good idea, Mom...I'd like to see if some of these visits have really touched folks like it seems like it does on the show.

And you're right about the grandson/grandfather...he's totally negative and unapproachable which is why I think the travel agent totally gave him airline connection times to Vilnius HOURS after everyone else was to arrive...sure they got their times switched later in Paris but just the fact that she gave everyone a 1.30pm or 1.40pm arrival and "gave" him a 5.30pm arrival...LOL

Old 12-03-2007, 08:36 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,104,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj_fla View Post
I totally thought they were safe too! I was about to throw my remote at the TV! Kynt & Vyxsin almost got 1st place...love them!
I was on the edge of my seat too! I would have stopped crushing on Phil if would have been a non-elimination round. Not that it would have been his fault, but I hold grudges like that.

Old 12-04-2007, 02:11 AM

2,408 posts, read 14,362,691 times
The AMAZING RACE is my favorite show ever in the history of the world times infinity plus one!!!!

I've been offline for the past month and haven't read through this entire thread so I'll just offer my quick opinions. Favorite team right now is TK and Rachel. They're kind to each other and the locals, although they seem to be getting the least amount of air time of everyone. I like the Goths but the fact that they're always talking about just how Goth they are makes me roll my eyes. Yes, I get it, you're Goth. I have eyes and can see that, and don't need to hear you say things like "oh my GOTH!" or talk about the dark side all the time to remind me. I like Azaria and Hendekea as well although it took me awhile to realize who was who. I didn't like it during their intro video when they were bragging about how smart they were, but now seeing them in practice during the race, well, they were right. They ARE pretty damn smart. I LOVE Christina and wish she was partnered with someone else rather than her father who makes me want to dropkick my TV. I do not like Donald and Nick. Donald's not so bad, but Nick just really rubs me the wrong way. I'm not even sure what it is, but it just seems like he's never too friendly to the locals and is always making poor decisions and tries to be smarter and craftier than he really is. Then there's that walking ball of sunshine and daisies that is Jennifer and Nathan. Okay, I can't stand them, but by the same token, I sort of need a team to root against and for that reason alone, I'm glad that they're still in the race and hope they stick around for awhile longer. It gives more opportunities for Jennifer to be covered in cow manure or something in some sort of future task. And I have to say, I LOVED their stubborn donkey from the first episode. Pure comedy. That donkey will always be welcome in my home .

So far, I'm liking this season, but the challenges haven't been as physical and interesting as I would've hoped. Animals are always entertaining, but it seems like so far, they've been relying on them a bit too much. I'm also looking forward to them getting out of Europe again. In my opinion, the show is at it's best and most entertaining when teams are thrown out of their comfort zone and plunged into the chaos of a place like Burkina Faso or India.

Old 12-04-2007, 03:29 AM

4,447 posts, read 3,979,461 times
For all of you who sit holding their breath to see if a pit stop is a non-elimination one, don't bother.

Executive Producer Jonathan Littman announced prior to the airing of Amazing Race 12 that the non-elimination pit stops would be dropped this time and the season would be two episodes shorter so as to "create more excitement".

So unless he changed his mind or was deliberately trying to fake people out, when the last team steps onto that mat, they're going to be gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV