Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2013, 12:32 PM

3,997 posts, read 5,012,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
Ahh that's too bad! It will turn into lost. I think 13 episodes is enough. I mean really how much can really happen under the dome?
Bite your tongue. This show is NOTHING like LOST. You may not have liked Lost and you may not have seen the point, but it was a quality made show with some excellent acting and writing. Not here to change your mind about that, but to compare it to Under the Dome is a mistake, I think.

I don't know where this show will go and there's lots of potential for the cheese factor...like why in the heck did Big Jim think it was OK to continue his son's little kidnapping experiment? Only when he thought the world would end did he save her...that father and son scare the ish out of me in terms of sociopathy.

Anyway, I'll probably continue to watch as it's sort of train-wreckish and I do like some of the actors, but it is a bit cheesy, no doubt. As far as Barbie: he was in town to either collect money from the husband and/or hurt him bad to let him know he OWES Barbie's loan shark boss the money. They tussled, the husband whipped out a gun, they tussled some more, the gun went off, the husband died. Barbie buried him to keep the secret and was leaving town when the dome came down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 01:20 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,249,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
I guess if said tablet is the product placement of the week they can't really have it exploding in his hands - although you can hear the soldiers telling people not to touch the dome with a tablet in their hands. The MS Surface tablet may have weak sales, but it is apparently impervious to the Dome.

I enjoyed the book, and for that reason am kinda sad they picked it up for a second season. To me it works as a long miniseries since it was a long book, but 13 episodes should be enough to tie the story up. It should no be dragged out indefinitely until the ratings are no longer satisfactory.
Of course we don't know if the soldiers were lied to or not. There seems some debate about if the bomb was a nuke or not. If it wasn't then they would have pulled them back far enough that the blast wouldn't kill them. But if it was a nuke and they were exposed to the blast wave that might not be enough. I am pretty sure the Dome wasn't put there by the government or anyone with the scientific knowledge they've shown so the big question is WHO? And why of course. I wonder if its a 'survival island as things happen outside, like a little Ark, provided by someone who knows more than they say.

I hope they finish this part of the story so they can go on and tell the rest next season. It is intreging and as we get to know the people better, see how they might change under the conditions of isolation.

Must be dreary now, looking out and seeing utter destruction now, as if the world around them might have just vanished....the psychological effect will push them further inside their cuccoon and its own society.

That moment when they thought it was to be over and it wasn't could have been a turn in the road for many.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:28 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,978,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
Bite your tongue. This show is NOTHING like LOST. You may not have liked Lost and you may not have seen the point, but it was a quality made show with some excellent acting and writing. Not here to change your mind about that, but to compare it to Under the Dome is a mistake, I think.

I don't know where this show will go and there's lots of potential for the cheese factor...like why in the heck did Big Jim think it was OK to continue his son's little kidnapping experiment? Only when he thought the world would end did he save her...that father and son scare the ish out of me in terms of sociopathy.

Anyway, I'll probably continue to watch as it's sort of train-wreckish and I do like some of the actors, but it is a bit cheesy, no doubt. As far as Barbie: he was in town to either collect money from the husband and/or hurt him bad to let him know he OWES Barbie's loan shark boss the money. They tussled, the husband whipped out a gun, they tussled some more, the gun went off, the husband died. Barbie buried him to keep the secret and was leaving town when the dome came down.

Thx shell!!!

Old 07-29-2013, 04:10 PM

22,913 posts, read 28,253,485 times
Definitely not ending this season:

'Under the Dome' Renewed for Second Season at CBS

Old 07-29-2013, 04:23 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,765,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post

I'm going to continue watching as well (let's be honest, not much on is worth watching anyway)

Old 07-29-2013, 04:45 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,642,936 times
How could anyone compare this BS show to LOST...no way this fiasco could ever hold a candle to such a great show!

Old 07-29-2013, 05:27 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,593,345 times
When I compaired it to lost it was the not knowing when to end it, and not because they are on the same level. I liked Lost too, but it should have ended before it did.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:45 PM

22,913 posts, read 28,253,485 times
LOST was a great show, but even the showrunner admitted that for about 2 seasons they were literally "lost" in terms of story --- and it showed.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:02 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,022,475 times
Pretty good episode tonight.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:42 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,813,691 times
Was it just me or did it go to commercial at odd times? Usual a scene winds down and there's a natural pause to commercial. Twice it seemed mid scene when all of a sudden commercial.

Other than that, it was good. Interesting twist with Jim and Angie, hope she accepts our she will be locked up again if not worse. And wonder how they are going to deal with the insulin shortage and any others chronic conditions that require medication.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV