Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2013, 12:01 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
On Amazon, many times if the item/items total your buying is $25 or more, the shipping is Free...
Yes that is what I usually do I yet to pay for shipping from Amazon. I am going to have to think about Prime like I said when I looked through the list of TV shows there weren't really any there for me. Now if Netflix or Prime gets Bravo I'd get it because of Top Chef then I'd be forced to watch RHOBH, ATL and OC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2013, 01:40 PM

5,885 posts, read 6,955,799 times
If Big Jim were to die tonight, Dean Norris would probably be the only actor to die as a major character on two prime time shows, on two consecutive nights.

Old 09-17-2013, 12:44 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
Not sure what to say about the Season 1 finale except that I won't be spending the hiatus anxious to find out "what's next".

Old 09-17-2013, 02:16 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Actually while it took a torturously slow start to get there a few weeks ago it got quite interesting. I also LOVE the suggestion of the female deity in the Monarch, and the union of male and female needed to sustain her. I'm actually looking foward to it and may copy the season, still sitting on my dvr just to keep up with it before next summer. And just what IS the dome protecting them against? Remember, outside of it they know nothing of what has happened. Think of planting a seed eden like on some planet to see what it grows into?

My bet is the hanging gets called off. And I'd really really like Junior to see past his dad's verbage.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:50 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Pretty weak finale for what was an overall entertaining show.

But I agree with Opyelie, I won't be dying all year to find out what happens next. Meh.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:57 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,822,090 times
It felt such like a filler episode. It was hmmm it's nearing the end of the season and we don't want this to end sooooo let's leave LOTS AND LOTS of unanswered twists to make sure they come back.

So now we are wondering in no particular order, the repercussions of throwing the egg in the water, the ultra white "sky", does Junior pull the lever to hang Barbie, why is the military looking for Barbie (and for that matter why keep showing his dog tags), if Barbie doesn't get hanged, will he be vindicated or just chased the rest of the show, will Big Jim ever get his comeuppance, who are the "beings" talking to them, protect them from what?, what does the Monarch mean exactly, why hasn't the "world" come back to the dome walls (before it went black and after the bomb). Any others I missed?

Sigh, too much! It smacks of an amateur writer who try to pack way too much suspense, detail etc to be "interesting".

Old 09-17-2013, 08:04 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,532,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Pretty weak finale for what was an overall entertaining show.

But I agree with Opyelie, I won't be dying all year to find out what happens next. Meh.
Gotta take into consideration that what was planned for one season was altered to being picked up for another so I think there was a lot of last minute changes done.

Over all it wasn't the worst finale for a series season. Should be interesting having SK write the first episode of season 2.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:07 AM

3,169 posts, read 5,164,518 times
I didn't watch every episode but the show greatly differed from the book. I was personally thankful for that.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:49 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
I liked the finale, enough cliff hanger to leave you mad they ended it wanting to know what happens next.

It reminded me of the season finale for the series Revolution, except here looks like they are still trapped under the dome.
Im assuming the dome isnt going to be happy til something is done with Jim.
Im speculating the dome is controlled by Jim dead wife spirit.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:57 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,532,538 times
Yes, wondering what Jim's dead wife's role is in this. Guessing we'll "see" her sooner or later.

JR is such a wimp as a character, could they possibly move away from the dweeb they portrait him as?

One thing, suddenly at the sight of a lynching there appears to be a decent size black population there in Chester's Mill. The town keeps on growing yet the Dome views make it look so small.

Hope they don't actually need to retrieve the "egg" thingy now that it's safely down in the drink.

Odd that with Maxine (sp?) being off'ed her Gig at the mines suddenly disappears all together, like none of her underlings would take over...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV