Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2013, 06:09 AM

2,149 posts, read 4,142,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Is Helen TRYING to get nominated? She had a conversation with Jeremy late this evening where she listed all the people she wanted protected, naming ALL of the members of the new Take Out alliance. Jeremy told Amanda and McCrae about the conversation. They were not happy. Neither was Judd when he learned about it.
Helen is part of the majority in the house. All she needed to do was put 2 people up and let the game play itself. It just seems like she's trying to do too much in one week. Just chill out and relax, stop trying to make moves setting up the next few weeks. It doesn't matter if she has 5-6 other votes w/her instead she may be a target now. Just a case of playing the game too hard too early.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 06:09 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,123,716 times
Quote:
Is Helen TRYING to get nominated? She had a conversation with Jeremy late this evening where she listed all the people she wanted protected, naming ALL of the members of the new Take Out alliance. Jeremy told Amanda and McCrae about the conversation. They were not happy. Neither was Judd when he learned about it.
Why? Because she opened her yap to Jeremy? WTH does she keep telling him things? Does she think he WON'T be going home Thursday? For a smart person, she's really dumb.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:52 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,081,132 times
Yeah...Helen was my favorite (my wife's too), but she's been doing WAAAAAY too much as HoH this week...

as Dom said...she needs to let the game play itself and stop trying so hard. really disappointed in her. Helen's kindness might end up being her downfall....

at the moment, even though I'm not really high on McCrae, Amanda is my favorite player. she tells it like it is, which i love.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:05 AM

3,968 posts, read 4,994,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Yeah...Helen was my favorite (my wife's too), but she's been doing WAAAAAY too much as HoH this week...

as Dom said...she needs to let the game play itself and stop trying so hard. really disappointed in her. Helen's kindness might end up being her downfall....

at the moment, even though I'm not really high on McCrae, Amanda is my favorite player. she tells it like it is, which i love.
I can't rep you guys again for a while so...way to go, Dom and Skins!!!

I thought this last week...told my husband that Helen played the "before noms" time really well...even that night...she was masterful in gathering information and fleshing out the truth from everyone. Almost like she's a mom... But I thought, she will just need to chill and lay back...watch everyone and let THEM do their thing. I think she would've been sitting pretty...but dang, the last coupla nights!

cdnirene - thought the same thing...is she TRYING to get nominated? You summarized it really well...the suballiance is much stronger, I think...can't remember what the call themselves...something with Goof in it. I'm sad that Candice is on the outside of all of that...she is a smart one but people are lying to her and it's really hard to tell this year who's lying to who...crazy!

I like Amanda as well...it's funny that she's supposed to handle Aaryn. She's the only one who will tell her like it is...and Aaryn, while she gets mad, still thinks she's closest to her...or so it seems. We'll get another juicy episode tonight...yay for us!!

Old 07-17-2013, 08:23 AM

10,156 posts, read 11,126,867 times
I'm actually going vote Amanda as MVP for now on..

I haven't been watching the Feeds much - I'm still on vacation, visiting my family in NY...

Helen I like - but I'm very doubtful she will win this game... She's just becoming so blah, in my opinion..

Old 07-17-2013, 08:58 AM

44,569 posts, read 61,354,897 times
Every time someone opens their mouth they seem to put their foot in it. Helen pretty much had it in the bag until she forgot to

Old 07-17-2013, 10:23 AM

3,968 posts, read 4,994,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Every time someone opens their mouth they seem to put their foot in it. Helen pretty much had it in the bag until she forgot to
So true!! I was listening to her spill all the beans to Jeremy (as previously mentioned) but didn't catch the fallout from the rest of her alliance. I saw her gaining speed and that was good...I also liked that she was going to make her HOH count. My only thought was that she should then let the chips fall where they may and not push so dang hard...but when she let her alliance slide under the bus, I knew she had lost the battle!

See? What did I tell you guys? Just a couple more days and Howard will be out of the limelight and a new hamster will be there to take his place! Of course, we still have one more day till eviction but holy smokes, it's crazy in there! And in my mind, all the strategizing and schmoozing is useless until we know who the next HOH is.

Oh, and who thought it was funny that when Jeremy was "apologizing" to Elissa in the HOH, she was calling him out on everything? Or when Helen would say "are you going to keep us safe" and Jeremy kept saying "I'll say whatever I have to to stay in the house"...HELLO????? Anyone see a problem with that? I honestly don't think Helen OR Elissa was hearing that straight out...he's telling you that he will do whatever he has to and he is NOT loyal because he's just trying to talk himself out of an eviction. Good grief...it's amazing what perspective (from my couch ) will do!!

Old 07-17-2013, 11:11 AM

4,874 posts, read 4,993,421 times
If you have Jeremy on the block get rid of him. Why cann't they see this?

Old 07-17-2013, 11:25 AM

7,667 posts, read 5,460,131 times
I think Helen's biggest mistake so far is to believe that because she is HOH she has a right to be the spokesperson for other houseguests in her alliance, commit them to courses of action without their prior knowledge or permission and decide by herself what group secrets to reveal to others.

At one point early in Helen's HOH, Helen rattled on about a promise she had made to someone on behalf of the whole group, and a clearly annoyed Judd said "I didn't agree to that". An upset Elissa told Helen she wasn't happy that Helen didn't discuss her own two nominations with her beforehand and yet had decided that Elissa would put up Howard as the MVP nomination.

Helen is in for rude awakening when she discovers that the others don't feel bound by her commitments and that she herself, along with Elissa and Candice, are targets. She's back to where she was at the beginning of the game.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:49 AM

2,149 posts, read 4,142,638 times
Quote:
I think Helen's biggest mistake so far is to believe that because she is HOH she has a right to be the spokesperson for other houseguests in her alliance, commit them to courses of action without their prior knowledge or permission and decide by herself what group secrets to reveal to others.

At one point early in Helen's HOH, Helen rattled on about a promise she had made to someone on behalf of the whole group, and a clearly annoyed Judd said "I didn't agree to that". An upset Elissa told Helen she wasn't happy that Helen didn't discuss her own two nominations with her beforehand and yet had decided that Elissa would put up Howard as the MVP nomination.

Helen is in for rude awakening when she discovers that the others don't feel bound by her commitments and that she herself, along with Elissa and Candice, are targets. She's back to where she was at the beginning of the game.
Helen is playing this like the political strategist that she is (or whatever the job is, consultant). It's hard to plan things out for weeks in advance when the opinions change seemingly by the hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV