Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 09:16 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,708,448 times

Advertisements

These two sit-coms ran together for awhile, on different
nights I think. Both were flights of fancy and very funny.

Do any episodes stick out in your mind that you still remember today ?

Which show did you like the best of the two ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2013, 09:42 PM

5,238 posts, read 7,952,524 times
I liked both shows, but liked Bewitched better. But I couldn't stand it after Dick York was no longer on the show. As far as beauty, Jeanie was cuter.

Episodes, the one where Sam split Darrin in half and took his fun side on vacation was a classic. Oh the one where Endora made his ears grow, that makes me laugh just thinking about it. There were many I enjoyed. I liked the ones with Uncle Arthur. And of course the ones where Endora was up to her tricks. And Aunt Clara was great in it too. I never liked the second Mrs Kravitz though, I thought they made a mistake there. Someone put the series on YT and I think its still there. I just recently watched the one where Paul Lynde was teaching Sam to drive (that was before he was Uncle Arthur). There were many funny Jeanie episodes too. I have to watch that show again.

I'm watching an old show called the Rouges, its from the mid 60's. It starred David Niven, its very good. Much better than the junk on TV now.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:10 AM

18,363 posts, read 31,445,727 times
I liked bewitched much better, while Jeanine was good, I like the situation with Darrin and Samantha better. There are so many episodes that were funny. Endora alone was classic bewitched at its finest. Uncle Arthur was funny also.

The first Gladys was more of a friend and you almost felt sorry for her, as she was always confused about what she was wittnessing, but the second Gladys had a more sinister side to her where she was really not their friend and was always looking to expose them.

loved the way as soon as anyone walked in Darrin & Sams house they were offered a drink then stayed for a while got into thier car and drove off into the sunset.....they drank like fish, dont think they smoked too much, dont remember seeing that. That always cracked me up, larry, would you like a drink......in the middle of the afternoon.. LOL

Old 07-05-2013, 10:19 AM

5,463 posts, read 7,041,402 times
I liked Samantha's groovy sister Sarina. She was a hoot.

I liked Jeannie too, my first recollection with the Middle East was through IDOJ, especially when the show made references to Baghdad.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:37 AM

377 posts, read 526,670 times
I watched Bewitched when I was a kid, I even watched the 70s spinoff "Tabitha" starring Lisa Hartman as the grownup daughter of Sam and Darren who also happened to be a witch.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:53 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,251 posts, read 8,619,443 times
Jeanie was hot

Old 07-05-2013, 12:10 PM

377 posts, read 526,670 times
I remember I used to get so jealous of Larry Hagman, I mean like here he is, a guy with a beutiful blonde, blue eyed hottie who would do everything he told her to do, and I mean everything :naughty:

Old 07-05-2013, 12:40 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,156,909 times
Definitely Bewitched - loved all the supporting characters. Endora, Gladys & Abner Kravitz, Uncle Arthur, Dr. Bombay, the Tates, Esmerelda and so on. I still watch it sometimes & love it. I liked Jeannie's theme song, but wasn't really into the show at all.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:40 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,597,167 times
I liked them both, but, definitely preferred "Bewitched" to "I Dream of Jeanie."

I always looked forward to the episodes with Sabrina and/or Uncle Arthur the most along with any time Samantha actually got to be "witchy" gown and all.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:20 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,857,980 times
Both were cute though Bewitched was probably a tad funnier. Funniest Bewitched episode ever is when Darrin eats popcorn spiked by Endora then stays home for the day, then Larry comes over, eats the popcorn and also stays over. Eventually a cliebt of theirs, a tv repair man, a milk man and a cop come over and they all sit around playing cards. Episode cracks me up big time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV