Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2013, 01:28 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,929,449 times

Advertisements

I don't really like any of these "All Stars" except maybe Seth Aaron. And the judges are dreadful.

Yet - I still found myself tuning in. Sigh.

Even Tom and Lorenzo decided to sit this one out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 01:47 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,138,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubina View Post
Sandro won the quote of the night about how PR didn't win the Emmy for Heidi wearing a shiny dress, but because of the contestants. Preach.
Sandro is wrong. The show didn't win an Emmy. It lost to The Voice. Heidi & Tim won for best hosts. Which really doesn't have anything to do with the contestants, other than they interact with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I don't get these "All-Star" shows with populated with...losers from past seasons.
Well, there do happen to be THREE winners involved. Which is quite a lot, compared to other shows' "all star" seasons. Besides which, the "star" isn't necessarily the winner. It's the memorable characters that make the show, IMO. While I don't find a lot of these contestants thrilling, in an almost never-before-heard-of happening, I don't loathe any of them. Which is quite unusual for these "all-star" shows. One of my all-time favorites (Seth-Aaron) but only a few I don't really like (Daniel & Irina) ... but I'm just happy that Michael Costello isn't there. Again.

I'm not feeling Alyssa Milano, though. I was hoping she'd be better than the boring models that have been hosting it. The judges don't bother me, though.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:38 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,166,275 times
I just watched the reunion show. I can't believe the level of cattiness and childishness shown by Helen (and to a lesser extent, Kate). Helen has major issues and wow, is she delusional. I think she and Sandro both have narcissistic personality disorder. Not that I'm a great fan of Alexandria, but I don't remember her ever saying anything that was worse than what the rest of the contestants said about each other. Helen was bullying her, plain and simple. Glad Alexandria didn't take the bait.

At least the Wisconsinites resolved their issues. I can't believe they aren't related! They look so much alike and have some of the same mannerisms.

I'm watching All Stars for now...last season I got bored with it and bailed, we'll see how it goes this time. Jeffrey is not easy on the eyes.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:51 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,211,900 times
I just watched the Reunion show last night. I remember many of the contestents being sort of catty in their secret scenes at one time or another, and especially the initial bitchiness of the Milwaukee girl over the environmental guy, crazy Sandro, angry Ken.
Helen didn't stick out to me one way or another in memory, neither did Alexandria other than seeming to act a little superior the first half of the show which I'm sure was sort of irritating but there was a lot of irritating going on.
Yet Ken seemed to sincerely own up to his behavior as did the Milwaukee girl. Helen on the other hand raised her hand when Tim said "any other regrets" and then proceeded to just go after Alexandria. In a way that just sort of proved why Alexandria might have a reason to dislike her. I don't hate Helen but I thought she was out line. I do hate her fingernails. They creeped me out the entire season and I keep seeing them in my minds eye - argh!
I do agree a little about the proposal. On the one hand its sort of a "shrug" but on the other hand it does sort of takes away from everyone else's game, the purpose for being there, their time, and is a personal thing so why now after so many years unless to tug at the judges heart strings....yea. I agree with the guy who was a little irritated by it although I don't know if I would have said anything.

So this will also be the All Stars thread?

I don't remember Ari that well but he seems to make sort of 'make sense' as a woman. Sorry to see him go. Some of the other I'm not sure about at all.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:10 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,166,275 times
I thought it was hypocritical of Jeremy to complain about Bradon's proposal. He's the same guy that said "his" grandmother had died (it was actually his husband's grandmother), and tried to use that as an excuse for subpar work, and he mentioned his kids constantly. Which is fine, they're all there to win the game and appeal to the judges and the audience (case in point, Justin...did you guys know he's deaf? ). But for him to call out Bradon was just sour grapes.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:39 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,811,485 times
I liked Jeremy but not so much after the reunion show, didn't realize how bitter he was! Either he hid it very well or Alexander is right that they do heavy editing to ensure they "stay" in their roles.

I giggled when Tim got so pissed and said, "Bullsheeeet!" It was both shocking and adorable. lol

Old 10-26-2013, 03:10 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,807,206 times
After reading some of the comments about the latest All Stars show, I can see why you're less than enthusiastic about watching it. I'll give it two weeks, tops, and then decide. I like Alyssa Milano in general, but not so much in this role. I have no problem with the other judges, however. Not thrilled by the contestants.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:42 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,138,742 times
One thing about the not-so-good hosts on PR All Stars (I haven't liked any of them), it does make you appreciate the job that the better hosts do. Or, at least, it does me.

Old 10-27-2013, 01:00 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,597,105 times
The difference between Alexandria and Helen is the difference between an adult who can control her emotions and a spoiled child.

Does anyone else want Tim and Justin to get together? I may have imagined some yearning looks . . . I love a love story!

I dunno about the shows being manipulated by producers. Here's how I see it going: Tim and others choose a pool of talented designers for each season. Then the producers pick people from that pool who'll be good on tv. And yes, they do pigeonhole people - there's got to be the gay guys, the straight guy, the young girls, at least one older person, the drama queens of both genders, the sweet ones, and different types of designers, and people from different parts of the country. Then, once the designers for the tv show have been chosen, Tim mentors everyone equally and graciously. Then the judges really do choose who THEY think are the best designers each week. Of course they develop favorites - we do it ourselves. If they can't decide between two people, I'm sure the producers will have their say. But I really don't believe in the plotting and manipulating that everyone seems to think exists in all these competition shows.

I always watch PR, and yet I rarely can remember designers after each season is over. I only remember some of them in this all-stars group. One thing I do remember is how nasty the guy with the neck tattoo was to his "real woman" model.

If anything, this season is proof that winning the show doesn't make anyone a successful commercial designer.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:39 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,544,489 times
I agree with @60.. just b/c you win the show doesn't mean you will be successful almost like those talent shows (american idol x-factor etc) a-lot of the non winners or runners up somehow become more successful - Now back to PR- I'm glad to see Korto back I always remember her from her season. also, jeffrey, christopher and seth aaron, as well as victor. I had a gut feeling that Ari was going to get let go first lol. As with the past 2 seasons Issac is my only fav judge and its b/c i've liked him from way before PR. Everything else is a lil bland and I usually DVR it and FFWD to the runway show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV