Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ?
ABC 10 6.17%
NBC 16 9.88%
CBS 6 3.70%
CNN 14 8.64%
Fox News 43 26.54%
MSNBC 12 7.41%
HLN 0 0%
BBC 13 8.02%
Al Jazeera 3 1.85%
Russia Today 5 3.09%
CBC 5 3.09%
Daily Show/Colbert Report 8 4.94%
Other 27 16.67%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 09:46 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times

Advertisements

www.linktv.org
or
www.fstv.org

maintream networks are controlled and diluted/or sensationalistic garbage.

HLN in particular, what trash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 08:11 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Which network do you watch on the regular and why do you choose it over the others?
On a regular basis, we watch FOX because we like the subject matter and the contributors. Regardless how some may thing (they do not watch FOX I have a feeling) they do give both sides. Yes, the lean right, but they also have a lot of middle of the road and liberal contributors. Just yesterday, on the FOX Sunday panel was one conservative, one middle of the road and actually two libs, one very liberal.

I will add, we usually watch CBS every night or every few nights and we occasionally watch MSNBC. If there is some really major occurrence, weather wise or other wise, we also watch CNN. On Friday nights we watch PBS.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:56 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
Where is Univision?

I'm pretty sure that would have beat out Fox news in the poll. It has in some markets,actually.

Old 08-20-2013, 07:07 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,370,438 times
Daily Show/Colbert Report.
Anything else depresses me too much.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:28 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
I regularly check out world news on both BBC and Al Jazeera, since the US networks have virtually abnadoned telling us what's going on in the rest of the world unless guns are involved. Their reporting is usually trustworthy and covers a lot beside just wars and politics. Its stuff the mainstream US networks hardly ever cover anymore. CNN used to be really good at world news, but they've faltered badly over the years, and now seem to focus on celebrity news, natural disasters, and missing white girls.

For politics I watch MSNBC. While it has its obvious leftish slant, I find that the FACTS they report are accurate, unlike Fox News, which on several occassions I have seen reporting egergiously inaccurate factual material.

Local TV news is awful here. It looks like most of the time all they do is rip and read -- going out and looking at the same stories that the dailies have covered and getting some pretty girl to stand in the street and repeat what you saw in the Times or the News that morning. And they all lead with either crime or the weather, and spend an inordinate amount of time on both. There is a lot more going on locally than that. But when I do watch, I prefer my NBC affiliate here because I like the people on it.
I agree with your assessment. Fox has distorted information at times and it's always wise to have more than one source for controversial information.

I like Al Jazeera, too. I am especially watching Ali Velshi weekdays. He packs so much in a half hour show and I find that I actually learn things rather than just be entertained.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:15 AM

4,045 posts, read 4,429,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Where is Univision?

I'm pretty sure that would have beat out Fox news in the poll. It has in some markets,actually.
Yo habla espanol?...

Old 09-02-2013, 09:36 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
I voted for Fox, but I get my news from a really wide range of news sources. I like Fox coverage in the mornings, and of current, happening big news stories, and I think their The Five afternoon show is hilarious - I like the differing opinions and debate.

But I also glean my news from CNN, the BBC, the Drudge Report, HuffPost, and NBC and other sources - I feel like the truth lies somewhere in the middle of all the various reports. Heck, I even listen to the gay station on Sirius/XM and the Catholic station as well, and I'm not gay OR Catholic! I also listen to world news on Sirius/XM as well for some insight into different regions and how news events are impacting those regions as well.

The only news I basically never watch is MSNBC's news, which literally sickens me, it's so poorly presented and obviously biased. Just not good quality at all. Blech.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:29 PM

352 posts, read 796,818 times
I watch ANYTHING but Fox News...they are dead to me (LOL).

Old 09-02-2013, 08:40 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,894,970 times
MSNBC, CBS This Morning, Bill Mahr, Sunday Roundtables (MTP, TW, FTN)

Old 09-02-2013, 09:01 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,540,294 times
Used to watch HLN in the mornings. Could watch Robin Meade all the time even if all she did was sit there quietly. lol But I do like their way of bringing the news. I don't watch it as much as I used to. Seems like they only have 30 minutes that's live then they just repeat that half hour. I'm talking about the morning show. Nancy Grace needs to be locked up in a padded room!
I'm now a fan of NBC news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV