Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2013, 01:10 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,717,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
I don't get the love for Leah all of a sudden. She hasn't improved that much, and frankly, I am sick of her smacky, face-grabbing "personality." Poor Tony smiles gamely, as usual, and keeps focusing on making her look good, as she grabs his face, 'pats' his cheek, and seems ready to let him take the blame for any bad feedback.
Poor Tony. Someday maybe he and Tristan will get decent partners.Hate Leah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 02:01 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
I have to admit that I would rather have seen Leah go home before Snooki. Although she was pleasant on last night's show, I found Leah's personality very off-putting; she had a very hard time accepting criticism from the judges in a halfway gracious manner......and I got a little tired of hearing her comment each week about how she's "not a dancer." I know Snooki tended to have those same problems, but overall, I think Snooki showed more improvement, and at times, looked to me like she was really developing as a dancer and could possibly go far in the competition. I can't say I really have a favorite (I think my last "favorite" was J.R. Martinez), but I do like Corbin's performances. I'm not sure what Cher will bring to the competition as a judge. Oh, and something I've been meaning to comment on and keep forgetting, is that I think Val has really matured this year and come into his own as a teacher and choreographer - no silliness and inappropriate flirtation with his partner. I can't help but wonder if that is because this year, for the first time, he isn't "Maks' little brother" on the show.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:16 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,235,032 times
LOVED the Team Dances....especially the energy in 'What Does the Fox Say".

Old 10-29-2013, 04:30 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
I didn't think the fox routine was that much better, if at all, than the first routine. That's always the case with the team dances. The judges like one, but they LUUUV the other one. I was sorry to see Snooki go too. It looked like the whole group was, so maybe she has changed from her former ways. It happens. She is much better than Leah and Bill, and better than Jack, too. Those three should have gone before her, IMO. She is fun to watch dancing.

Old 10-29-2013, 04:36 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
fuzzy, I read that Snooki's fans tuned in to watch the girl from "Jersey Shore". When she didnt show that side of her on DWTS, they lost interest in her and stopped voting for her.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:03 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
fuzzy, I read that Snooki's fans tuned in to watch the girl from "Jersey Shore". When she didnt show that side of her on DWTS, they lost interest in her and stopped voting for her.
So, they tuned in hoping to see a temper-tantrum-throwing diva and when they didn't, they abandoned her? Nice.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:36 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
So, they tuned in hoping to see a temper-tantrum-throwing diva and when they didn't, they abandoned her? Nice.

Judging from what I've heard about Jersey Shore and the viewers who enjoy watching it, that sounds about right. And she never developed enough of a following among the DWTS viewers who didnt care for Jersey Shore or her appearances in that show.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:29 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
I lilke Bill, too, and am always happy when the fans win.

It was clear the judges were rooting for the other team by their score of 10 for the ridiculous "Foxy Awesome." Were they kidding? Contestants prancing around with their "paws" up? The other team should have won for the mere fact that theirs was the most creative group dance, and professionally executed. I'm not a fan of these group dances anyway, in which an entire team gets the same score. The worst performer, instead of taking down the team, can often blend in yet receive the same high score. IMO, it's just another way, like the notorious judges' "saves" that allow them to override the viewers' votes. Also, I'm sick of the social media crepe. Of what possible significance is it, for example, that 60% of those on Facebook wanted team Foxy Awesome to win and 40% wanted Spooky Bom Bom to win before either of them had even performed?

And Cher's appearance next week? I predict one of their biggest audiences for that but, truly, what in the world does she have to do with dancing?

Old 10-30-2013, 11:23 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,925,477 times
Carrie Ann's comments after the Foxy group dance referring to an "acid trip" were tacky and made her look like the idiot she is. Besides, evidently she's never been on one - I guess the trips could have changed from the 70s. What was it that oooed and awed her so much, the lights? Please! She has seen plenty of lights and plenty of fast dances.

Anyway, I am not a prude; I just think it was tacky considering there are kids watching the show. Then again, Carrie Ann does like to draw attention to herself.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:43 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
What a disappointing show that was.

Jack is so "light on" his feet?? Did you see how "light on" his feet Bill was in that dance?? His footwork was great. Jack did better in his dance than Bill?? I don't think so. Why doesn't Jack look like he's lost some weight? Oh, please, I know all about the fatigue caused by MS and I used to work 10 hours a day, 6 days a week and in the summertime my factory used to get up to 110°+ because we had no A/C. Tell me about fatigue wimper boy.

Jack dances better than Leah and Snookie? I don't think so. I was actually sorry to see Snookcole leave. She was awesome.

Amber got ripped off for a 30. She was so excellent in that Somba.

I liked the Spooky Bom Bom group better.

Jack has a tattoo across his chest like "Foxy Awesome"? Pardon me whilst I go puke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV