Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2013, 02:06 PM

698 posts, read 1,012,019 times

Advertisements

What is it with these song choices? Never heard so much screaming in my life! What happened to just singing the song without all the drama? So disappointed with James, Tessanne, and Jacqui's performances (my favs) because of the screaming, not singing.....
For me, the whole evening was blah....no one really stood out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 08:43 PM

4,338 posts, read 4,702,346 times
OMG - America is stupid.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:07 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,820,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelotus View Post
What is it with these song choices? Never heard so much screaming in my life! What happened to just singing the song without all the drama? So disappointed with James, Tessanne, and Jacqui's performances (my favs) because of the screaming, not singing.....
For me, the whole evening was blah....no one really stood out.
I agree except I thought Matthew was good and the song choice did fit him. But the rest I did not like the song choices and there was a lot of screaming. I really don't connect with many this season except I have been a fan of Matthew from week one and for some reason Cole is really growing on me.

Kat still really bugs me and of course she was saved.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:05 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,339,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
I agree except I thought Matthew was good and the song choice did fit him. But the rest I did not like the song choices and there was a lot of screaming. I really don't connect with many this season except I have been a fan of Matthew from week one and for some reason Cole is really growing on me.

Kat still really bugs me and of course she was saved.

Agree completely... I thought Matthew did so well with Hallelujah...that is such a haunting song. And Cole is very likeable. I had to laugh at the little "what you don't know about me" segments that he had a pen in his beard. Jacquie has a good voice but as The Hated Christina's mentee she will continue to scream every chance... don't you know that is "passion" and "emoting"?????????

And there is something about Kat that is so annoying. Not to mention the previously mentioned screaming .... She'll go soon though... I don't Tweet, and know no other over-50s who do... the younger crowd gets more power with this method. I wonder if they're going to do this again?

Old 11-13-2013, 06:26 AM

51,696 posts, read 15,662,386 times
I don't care for Kat or Ray and think one of them should of been sent home last night.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:35 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,452,899 times
The tweet vote was not fair. It was closed by the time it aired in Idaho at 8 pm, which means the entire west coast was excluded from voting.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:46 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,180,214 times
Yeah ..... It's one of those things where it's early enough in the season that they could test out something new .... but it was pretty much "a twitter save for those who are currently watching this program live on an east coast feed" ..... maybe trying to get people to watch it live and not just fast forward through all the ads and cheesy bits

As for the results - about as expected ........ I would have been happy for hat guy to stay and for ray to go .... but mainly because I just don't like ray .......... he did better this last performance as far as sounding like he could sing, but his diction is still garbage

Tessanne has a killer voice and I simply don't care - she may be this years contestant that puts up some incredible performances but fades out at the end by struggling to connect with anyone .... we'll see though

Old 11-13-2013, 10:52 AM

5,328 posts, read 8,516,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post

Tessanne has a killer voice and I simply don't care - she may be this years contestant that puts up some incredible performances but fades out at the end by struggling to connect with anyone .... we'll see though
Tessanne leaves me feeling completely bored. Its so weird. She has a great voice, but it does nothing for me. I'm actually kind of wondering why that is. I wonder if its because I find her personality annoying.

Old 11-13-2013, 11:51 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,785,522 times
I may be alone in this, but I pretty much agree with last night's eliminations. Neither Josh or Johnny stood out to me in any way. Kat and Tesanne may be annoying, but at least they get you feeling something.

Tesanne kind of reminds me of Judith Hill from a previous season, though I thought Judith was far more talented. I think Tesanne may last a while, but no way is she going to make it to the top two.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:13 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,690,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Here are my "betting odds" for the top 12.

Performers will be listed in order from most likely winner to least likely winner.

1) Tessanne Chin 4-1
2) Caroline Pennell 9-2
3) Ray Boudreaux 5-1
4) Jacquie Lee 6-1
5) Matthew Schuler 8-1
6) Will Champlin 10-1
7) James Wolpert 10-1
8) Austin Jenckes 12-1
9) Josh Logan 18-1
10) Cole Vosbury 20-1
11) Jonny Gray 30-1
12) Kat Robichaud 40-1

Updated odds:

1) Tessanne Chin 2-1
2) Caroline Pennell 3-1
3) Matthew Schuler 4-1
4) Jacquie Lee 6-1
5) Will Champlin 10-1
6) James Wolpert 12-1
7) Ray Boudreaux 12-1
8) Austin Jenckes 15-1
9) Cole Vosbury 20-1
10) Kat Robichaud 40-1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV