Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2013, 08:51 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,145,093 times

Advertisements

I don't like Leo & Jamal at all. They turned out to be a disappointment, because before the show started ... I thought they'd be a really interesting team ... one of the things I like about race teams. That they're interesting.

But, they're just to egotistical for me. Not to mention sexist. Which probably means they'll win. Or at least do very well. I think it usually takes the obnoxious, hyper-driven, egotistical teams to win. They seem to have the killer instinct that gets them to the end. Every once in a while, someone interesting wins. But, I wish it would happen more often.

Though, at this point in the race, most of the teams I liked have gone. I'm about to reach that point in the race where I have to pick which team to root against, since there's no one to root for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 09:25 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
I don't like Leo & Jamal at all. They turned out to be a disappointment, because before the show started ... I thought they'd be a really interesting team ... one of the things I like about race teams. That they're interesting.

But, they're just to egotistical for me. Not to mention sexist. Which probably means they'll win. Or at least do very well. I think it usually takes the obnoxious, hyper-driven, egotistical teams to win. They seem to have the killer instinct that gets them to the end. Every once in a while, someone interesting wins. But, I wish it would happen more often.

Though, at this point in the race, most of the teams I liked have gone. I'm about to reach that point in the race where I have to pick which team to root against, since there's no one to root for.

totally agree. Those 2 annoy me for a lot of reasons.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:16 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
totally agree. Those 2 annoy me for a lot of reasons.
I am not fond of them either, but I'm not fond of any of the remaining teams. My three favs are gone, so I'm also trying to figure out who to root against, and right now it's the ER Docs. I cannot stand them. Second is Pinky. The rest are kind of bland and I'm not into them at all. At this point in the Race, I usually know the remaining teams and a lot about them, but I still don't recognize a couple of teams because they just don't stand out. I think this season has been disappointing from a team standpoint, but amazing from a locale standpoint.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:37 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I am not fond of them either, but I'm not fond of any of the remaining teams. My three favs are gone, so I'm also trying to figure out who to root against, and right now it's the ER Docs. I cannot stand them. Second is Pinky. The rest are kind of bland and I'm not into them at all. At this point in the Race, I usually know the remaining teams and a lot about them, but I still don't recognize a couple of teams because they just don't stand out. I think this season has been disappointing from a team standpoint, but amazing from a locale standpoint.
Why is there so much hate for the ER doctors? And over Pinky, too? What have they done that is so bad?

Old 11-12-2013, 06:52 AM

6,413 posts, read 12,145,093 times
I have no idea. The ER docs are my favorites among the teams left.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:02 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,532,538 times
ER Docs were inept early on, couldn't even read the clues right... and they're doctors. Left a bad taste. They have since improved but I'd stray away from being in an ER they cover.

Jamal and Leo have been nothing short of annoying but it that's their worst sin then I can live with it.

Anyone wondering why Pinky is being fingered as a bad apple hasn't been watching. Either that or they live with another version of Pinky and find it (her behavior) normal.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:15 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,189,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Why is there so much hate for the ER doctors? And over Pinky, too? What have they done that is so bad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
I have no idea. The ER docs are my favorites among the teams left.
Mine too!!

Old 11-12-2013, 11:17 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post

Anyone wondering why Pinky is being fingered as a bad apple hasn't been watching. Either that or they live with another version of Pinky and find it (her behavior) normal.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! sorry, but you state the truth. Pinky is about the worst villain in TAR history.............IMHO

Old 11-12-2013, 02:36 PM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! sorry, but you state the truth. Pinky is about the worst villain in TAR history.............IMHO
I beg to differ there. She is so much better than Jonathan from way back when, like season 5 or 6. Pinky mostly just yells. Jonathan would berate his partner to the point she was crying, he'd throw little fits, yell at locals, throw his bag around in tantrums, even basically shoved his (female) partner once. He was one of the worst I've ever seen.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:10 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,461,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
I beg to differ there. She is so much better than Jonathan from way back when, like season 5 or 6. Pinky mostly just yells. Jonathan would berate his partner to the point she was crying, he'd throw little fits, yell at locals, throw his bag around in tantrums, even basically shoved his (female) partner once. He was one of the worst I've ever seen.
Yeah - I'll never forget that one. That was the first time I ever really saw Phil P'd off. That shove was terrible.

I don't have a problem with the ER doctors and have NO problem if they win. The two teams of two girls can go anytime now. The Afghanimals? I wanted to root for them too - but they just annoy me. I can, however, see them making it pretty far. Pinky is a nightmare. She really is not a nice person - or not being edited to be one. She was the one who made the decision to steal the nice couple's taxi. She also threw it in everyone's face (a tad too much) when they had the Express Pass. I hope the ER doctors can hold on to their EP for awhile, because they are going to need it. I agree with some of you who said they make stupid, time-consuming mistakes.

I don't know why - I think it's the guy part of the equation - but I like that nice couple (can't remember their names) who are engaged. He's a really stand-up guy and treats his finance very nicely given the stressful situations they've been put under. She whines a little too much for me - but he makes up for it. Between this couple and the ER Doctors - that would be my choice for the win.

Pinky's are basically followers - what flights are everyone else getting. You have to hand it to the Afganimals - they at least think outside the box and don't follow everyone else's lead. Points for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV