Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2013, 09:43 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,266,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Ooops, sorry. This was a season from years ago!
I know. That's why I wasn't really being serious. I've tried to avoid spoilers since I'm getting in to watching it now, but it's tough. I've seen every season of Survivor so I have possibly spoiled some of it for people that haven't seen old episodes. Knowing my brain, I will forget what you said by the time I get around to watching Rob & Amber's season anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2013, 10:24 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,652,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I've watched every season too and can't wait for another one to begin each year. Too bad you don't enjoy it. It's the only "reality" show that is real, not scripted or swayed by production.
Hold on everyone. I wouldn't say I don't enjoy it. Just enjoy it less than I used to. Seems pretty old hat sometimes. If I had to pick a show to drop even with 3 new adds this year that I'm not yet 100% sure of, I might lose this one first. I can't stop watching unilaterally though. It's too intertwined in everything, we having both been intrigued from the very beginning; we would have to come to a mutual decision to stop if we're going to stop, and I'm not pushing to take it off our TV watching schedule, not yet anyway.

Also, and the reason I quoted this particular post, I don't think it's entirely not swayed by production. Maybe less than some other reality shows, but not zero. One big example above. Although trusting Rob for that info is, well, at least potentially questionable. Rob is all about his own appearance as a "TV star" so he has a great incentive to say "Oh the producers held the plane." Although I think we all kinda suspected that at the time. Or suspected if nothing else that they would not have held the plane for any of us average joes but might for the people in the TV show, even without pressure from the production folks.

Certainly they do, quite possibly on the fly at least some of the time, make up the equalizer stuff, such as opening times of places or times of first whatever (small plane/helicopter flight, etc). That is something they learned from the very first season. The third place team was still in Alaska when the winners were in NY. Not enough editing to not have that be anticlimactic. They fixed that pretty quick.

The other thing that always happens is editing to make things more suspenseful than it really is. But that's what makes it television entertainment rather than a straight feed of a contest (that and the casting of course). The pit stops would be boring if they didn't try to play up a race for first or a close race at the back. But if you pay attention to the departure times the following week, you can see how far apart (or not) they really are.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:48 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,013,419 times
Again, likely to be a late start in the Eastern and Cental time zones.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:13 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,013,419 times
"I was working and he brought me here.".

Old 10-06-2013, 10:31 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Team Pinkie and No Brain are stinkers. Her more so than him. She is the season Biotch!!!!!!!!
Team Wah Wah think they have a deal worked out with Pinkie but I somehow don't see that happening. If the hardest thing that one cry baby from Team Wah Wah has ever done were the tasks on tonight's episode--(A) she has had a very easy life thus far and/or (B) she is surely going to be surprised and not in a good way when she sees some other tasks.

Not sure why the Brine challenge doers didn't just pour a bit of salt, get in and float I can float with or without salt so I know I could pretend there was enough salt.........

Too bad about
Spoiler
Team Bingo. Maybe,just maybe they would have made it if he had chosen the
correct chair to perform the task

Great eppy tonight!!!!

Old 10-07-2013, 01:44 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,571,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post

Too bad about
Spoiler
Team Bingo. Maybe,just maybe they would have made it if he had chosen the
correct chair to perform the task

Great eppy tonight!!!!
I agree.
Spoiler
First the bus mix up, and then the poor shoe shine guy

For some reason, I don't like the ER docs. They rubbed me the wrong way last week with their smugness at thinking they won that leg of the race, and then this week begging for the Express Pass because it was her 40th birthday. On top of that, she was a whiner about the bike, and he was a bit of a buffoon toward her. For ER docs, they don't seem to have a good bedside manor.

I don't like Pinky and No Brain, either. (Love that name) My favorites are still the long haired guys, the football players and the Oklahoma boys.

It seems as though the teams that spoke Spanish had a big edge tonight, and it surprised me how many did speak it so well. I was impressed.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:01 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,772,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
That was an awesome thing to see. The guy was hesitant, but went along with it. I've got to wonder what he was thinking.

I think the alliance between the baseball wives and the exes was perhaps one of the shortest lived of TAR. I think the other teams are going to get tired of trying to kiss up to them for the 2nd express pass, and by the 5th leg they will have told them several different ways to self-fornicate with it.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:14 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,859,987 times
'She is the devil!' lol Classic. Bingo-was-my-namo kinda annoyed me so I'm not sad to them go-i-o. I must say I enjoyed the bikini challenge! hehe So did the worker there! From now on they shouldn't label teams as NFL/NHL/NBA wives but rather 'pampered princesses with too much time and money'.

A good episode. Loved seeing that part of Chile. Really beautiful yet bleak. Crazy how the city is built right on the edge of the desert and the sea.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:29 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post

I hope someone gave this guy a few bucks for lost business that night.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:00 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,236,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
..... now on they shouldn't label teams as NFL/NHL/NBA wives ....
I'm surprised the networks still do without a disclaimer from the licensed organization. Especially CBS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV