Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2014, 07:34 PM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times

Advertisements

I cannot believe they let Savion go. He was my pick to win. Just goes to show ya, I don't know squat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 07:37 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,255,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I cannot believe they let Savion go. He was my pick to win. Just goes to show ya, I don't know squat.
Me neither. I'm glad I missed it -- watching the olympics tonight.

Old 02-13-2014, 08:50 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,720,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Agreed. He was my favorite.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:04 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
I was hoping this season would have been different, and really have the best of the best but they are more interested in those who had it rough in life and something they can make better.
The ones who sing great are sent home.

I usually have at least one person to pull for but I guess Ill decide next week.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:13 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,786,973 times
Unhappy Ummmmmmmmm????

What exactly were the judges thinking by letting this young man (Savion) go??? Kind of like the season with Johnny Keyser, which was also not a very good decision imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
I'm loving Harry Connick Jr's humor and judging, but otherwise I'm kind of bored with the start of season 13. I did enjoy Savion Wrights' performance the most so far.

Old 02-14-2014, 07:43 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
I haven't read this whole thread so I don't know if this comment has been made yet or not.

I don't usually watch American Idol anymore but when I do, I try to wait until it is narrowed down a bit.

Since nothing was on TV last night, I watched about 30 minutes of the show, where the judges were still choosing the top 30 singers.

WHY must the judges act like they are going to let a singer go and then keep them? It looks PAINFUL to watch. It is MEAN. Is it just for the drama? I just didn't enjoy that at all.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:07 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,408,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
WHY must the judges act like they are going to let a singer go and then keep them? It looks PAINFUL to watch. It is MEAN. Is it just for the drama? I just didn't enjoy that at all.
It's the only drama they have left after Simons departure

I don't mind it so much. Some of the kids really get sucked in, and some are wise to the judges mind games, and wait for the actual decision. I liked that one guy, Emmanuel, who said "You are a wicked man, Harry!".

I'm disappointed Jessie Roach didn't go through *pout*

I liked Savion too, he was a cutie and had a great backstory. I'm surprised they did not keep him. Although I will admit, I was so enamored by his charisma, that I might have missed if he was not a strong singer.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:23 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,255,561 times
David Oliver Willis also eliminated. Is it true only 50 votes are allowed?

Old 02-14-2014, 04:35 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
What exactly were the judges thinking by letting this young man (Savion) go??? Kind of like the season with Johnny Keyser, which was also not a very good decision imo.
Was stupefied when they made the decision.... Some who displayed less talent went through - what gives?

Old 02-14-2014, 10:13 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,823,885 times
I am enjoying this year, especially after the Nikki/Mariah train wreck of last year.

I felt like this week I saw 10 of the 15 boys are all 17 years old with brown curly hair. I am sure it is just me, but they all looked the same and sounded the same. I mean they sing good but all blended into a blur for me.

I do like the trio of men from Alabama. They are all country (which I have to admit I love) but they all seem humble, down to earth, and as far removed from Hollywood as anyone could be.

I don't have any favorites yet from the girls. I agree with what the others stated many I thought were outstanding went home and some I thought were very ho-hum made it. We don't know how they edit all of this. So maybe we are not seeing some of the bad notes or whatever made them get cut.

The first girl of the top-30 I think her name was Emily and her heritage was Cuban, she stood out for me but I honestly can't remember any of the other girls names.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV