Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 10:30 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,195,765 times

Advertisements

I have watched Idol from day one.
This is the most embarrassing season, imo. Bad for the network as a money
maker.
Alex is an artist, tho. Quirky, weird, different....but an artist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 01:02 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,601,798 times
I was shocked that Majesty Rose was in the bottom two tonight!---I hope it's a case of people not voting for her because they assume that she's a favorite and doesn't need the votes.

In my opinion the right person left tonight--- Ben Briley.

Old 03-14-2014, 01:03 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,601,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
maker.
I hate the southern good ol' boys...thank god one of them got voted off tonight.

Old 03-14-2014, 01:46 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,261,093 times
Ben fait was his fault and gambling on being not true to his music style. When us viewers dont get it, then the contestant doesnt get no votes. I think this exact same song by Elton that sent Colton Dixon home.

I like Majesty, but as someone who never seen movie nor heard the song I was having trouble understanding her at beginning. I also not sure what her style is.

CJ southern rock is surprising its neat as he breaks the soul music stereotype and he has wonderful southern charm.

Sam Woolf being in bottom for last several weeks is surprising base on Idol past. I think this season has different loyal viewers possibly older. Ill need to pause the screen next week to look at super vote pictures and see if they show my cartoon picture of me.
I like his style and Jessica with her unique her sorta of Stevie Nick like voice.

Im glad MK or actually all of them dressed more professional.

Even though I dont care for rock or Southern Rock its refreshing to seem to have most of the songs sung Wednedsay night that genre. I could see it coming back and Idol has the power to start the trend. Caleb is strongest one yet his style is polarizing that could prevent a win. It would be cool if he did then it would be almost every other year someone from North Carolina wins.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:06 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,666,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
What I want to know is why are the men so untouchable, when some of them are worse than the girls?

Also, what was wrong with Phillip Phillips? He looked like he was on drugs.
He sounded terrible and the song was awful, i couldnt wait for it to end.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:09 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,666,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
maker.
I like the new format and the judges are more serious about "judging", but the talent this year is really bad. Harry losing brownie points by constantly saying this is the best season, no its not Harry and nobody really thinks that is true.

Caleb has the best voice and the most upside, but the rest of them are sort of forgettable.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:07 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,949,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
I like the new format and the judges are more serious about "judging", but the talent this year is really bad. Harry losing brownie points by constantly saying this is the best season, no its not Harry and nobody really thinks that is true.

Caleb has the best voice and the most upside, but the rest of them are sort of forgettable.
^^^^
Agree 100% of what you said.

There have been very few memorable performances so far this season, aside from Caleb.

And you're right about Harry's "best season" comment being off base.

Harry probably says it because it reflects on his own ability to find new talent.

I don't think anyone else has "star quality" this season besides Caleb.

I also found it amusing that someone on the show mentioned about Caleb resembling Meat Loaf.

I made this exact same observation in this thread a while back.

The one thing that really surprised me this week was when Jessica sang The Sound of Silence, and she and the drummer were performing out of sync at one point.

I would never expect such a big mistake from highly experienced musicians. My guess is Jessica went off beat, and they blamed the band instead.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:14 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,639,426 times
I'm not so sure Randy is the best choice as a mentor, do you guys think he is?

Old 03-14-2014, 08:37 AM
KB4

1,032 posts, read 1,623,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I'm not so sure Randy is the best choice as a mentor, do you guys think he is?
I miss Jimmy Iovine, I think his comments were always spot on.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:33 AM

51,696 posts, read 15,628,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB4 View Post
I miss Jimmy Iovine, I think his comments were always spot on.
Yes, I miss Jimmy too. Guess he's too busy to be on Idol this year.

I agree with wall st kid, about Harry and Caleb and yes, most of the others are forgettable. JMO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV