Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2014, 08:38 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,290,775 times

Advertisements

I am tired of the judges trashing Jessica. She has a great voice, yet she seems to do nothing right especially as far as JLopez is concerned. Watch her face when Jess sings; it is not pleasant to see. I don't understand why when Sam is stiff and doesn't connect Jennifer can see it in his face, but Jess is not given the same leeway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 11:35 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,392,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I thought about this Wednesday night, it is a reality show and scripted to get results the producer desire. There was nothing wrong with Jess performance except she was overly trying to pander to the camera person, but producers wasnt having part of that instead showed her back side or show what Jlo is doing but she might be in on it too, we will never know and Harry probably in scripted too.
I clue in on this with Sam, he was singing a slow song, but cam every so often would pan on JLo .
The result is give less time to connect with TV voting audience.

They slam Jess for stiffness who was moving around stage but Sam and Alex stayed in one spot like they always do. Also the camera person never pan to Jlo with Alex and Jena.
All this gave results they desired

These are just what I observed.

Also, I strongly believe the results was from most votes to the least of all the contestants
At this point, the only semblance to previous seasons, is J Lo being one of the most political judges, with the worst taste. This year, it's Sam. Sam's a nice kid, and about the least "Cool" singer ever on the show. His little ditz the other night was ok, slow and trying to be identical to the original. He's got a nice voice, very shy on stage, and he's someone I could never envision doing much worthy of the title. J Lo loves him, so he's still there. The judges made a huge mistake by saving him IMO, which will lead to better people being cut.

I knew Dex would be gone, and hoped it would be CJ as well. CJ is the same every week, and I doubt that will ever change. But the fact remains AI has the goods this year. I'd rather listen to this group than most in year's past.

With Alec, Jena and Caleb, the rest aren't really worthy of discussion IMO. All three are worthy, and all three will have great success.

I did watch the Voice awhile back again, and every time I do, I wonder why it has decent ratings. Is it the Chairs? The Judges? Must be, because the singers there mostly wouldn't make it to Hollywood on AI.

With the exception of J Lo, this year has been tremendous. But once a show is in a downtrend, fickle viewers never return. Jena should scare the existing superstars of today, and Alec is already better than most of the artists whose songs he sings. Tremendous talent both of them, and I always enjoy them.

At the next stage, Jessica has a beautiful, effortless and strong voice. I often wonder if she's a robot/android mixture, because her personality is that of a small-mouthed bass. She's not only stiff, but delivers the same emotion in every song, sad or gleeful. I think her existing career will continue.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:43 PM

17,875 posts, read 27,269,911 times
Caleb 》Adam.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:46 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,815,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
I am tired of the judges trashing Jessica. She has a great voice, yet she seems to do nothing right especially as far as JLopez is concerned. Watch her face when Jess sings; it is not pleasant to see. I don't understand why when Sam is stiff and doesn't connect Jennifer can see it in his face, but Jess is not given the same leeway.
I noticed last night Jennifer went out of her way to praise Jessica. I had read a few Idol articles and the comments from fans were furious at Jennifer, that she always trashes Jessica. I am sure the producers or whomever told her to back off last night.

I loved last night, some of them don't have a "country voice" but most of the song selections turned out good. I also hated the arrangement of "Jolene" but Jessica's voice was fine. I was so glad Keith said that he hated the arrangement but praised her voice, I was thinking the same thing. Too much electric guitar for that song. I have heard Dolly Parton sing it live at the Grand Ole Opry so that was hard to hear with a horrible arrangment.

In the instant voting, Alex kept coming up last...crazy!

I still think the top three should be: Alex, Jena, and Caleb. I think Jena "Is in it to win it!" She has improved so much! Can't believe she is only 17. She is awesome! I am OK with any of those three winning it. I think CJ should go home. Then Sam, then Jessica.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:13 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,290,775 times
Spoiler
I am tired of teenagers saving Sam. He is a weak link to me.

Last edited by Beretta; 04-24-2014 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: spoiler tags

Old 04-24-2014, 08:46 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,261,093 times
I hope this opens a lot of doors for person sent home, what a genuine humble person.

I wish them best, and they can get it if there heart and determination is there.

------------------------

On side note is the last song lip synced? The foul up had me think so and with all emotions streaming not a break in voice.

Im glad to be called a teenager not really lol

Old 04-24-2014, 10:43 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,175,068 times
The show was on my TV guide online and I had it down to be recorded and came back at 8:30 to start watching it and it's not there in my reocrdings and it's not showing as being on, WTH???

Does anyone know who was eliminated?

Old 04-25-2014, 02:34 AM

579 posts, read 757,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
The show was on my TV guide online and I had it down to be recorded and came back at 8:30 to start watching it and it's not there in my reocrdings and it's not showing as being on, WTH???

Does anyone know who was eliminated?
CJ, as he was the weakest one left. Too 1-dimensional. The next two weakest are Sam & Jessica who while blessed with talented voices, continue to struggle with stage presence. Atleast Sam showed effort by walking over to the crowd. Has Jessica ever moved on stage? At times it's painful to watch, but I enjoy her voice and especially her "classic" song picks.

The Top 3 is obvious. Jena, Caleb & Alex. I expect Jena to win.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:50 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,261,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
CJ, as he was the weakest one left. Too 1-dimensional. The next two weakest are Sam & Jessica who while blessed with talented voices, continue to struggle with stage presence. Atleast Sam showed effort by walking over to the crowd. Has Jessica ever moved on stage? At times it's painful to watch, but I enjoy her voice and especially her "classic" song picks.

The Top 3 is obvious. Jena, Caleb & Alex. I expect Jena to win.

This season is very predictable, there hasnt been any shockers or surprises or water cooler talk. It predictable in who will be sent home. It

It might because of way super votes allow this predictability. The top three you typed I cant see it being different.
I think Caleb will have a recording contract no matter where he falls but I see the line up as shown.

Of course Sam could be 'water cooler' talk idol shocker.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:39 AM

109 posts, read 117,632 times
I think the right person went home last night. MY pick for top 3 is Jena Caleb and Alex. although i love alex, i think caleb is going to take the crown. he has alot of star power and is def a great performer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV