Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2014, 09:46 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,784,057 times

Advertisements

Spencer Lloyd - need I say more???? Hope he goes far !

http://americanidolnet.com/spencer-l...stant-profile/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 01:35 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,821,625 times
The Hollywood or Home was an interesting twist.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:19 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,406,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
The Hollywood or Home was an interesting twist.
Yeah! It was a nail biter, waiting to see where their bus would end up. I mean, I could prettymuch guess which bus was going home from the contestants, but the kids inside - they were holding out hope until the very end. I feel bad for them, but it really was a clever idea.

And this way, the judges and producers didn't have to listen to them cry, whine and beg!

I noticed there was a lot of content in last nights show. They are moving it along, and not plying us with sob stories and long unnecessary recaps of the same stuff from right before the commercial break.

On to group night!

Old 02-06-2014, 06:24 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,684,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post

Spencer Lloyd American Idol 2014 Season 13 Contestant Profile - American Idol Net
Don't know how far he will go but if he picks the right songs he may be around for a while.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:23 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,937,273 times
I dont like how the groups are formed for group performance. there should be more of an effort on the staff to group the singers.

Seems odd to leave an important decision to luck of the draw or random choice.

The Hanger proved that the judges put through too many participants not up to par. The hanger should have had all contestants sing acapella without an instrument.

Last edited by Chimuelojones; 02-06-2014 at 08:46 AM..

Old 02-06-2014, 07:18 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,480,704 times
I was here researching some unfamiliar faces and I was reading one he has a blog and in his blog it had top 31 list. I wished I didnt click on it but my curiosity over took so I know who makes it.
I guess it ok as I hate Vegas week but kinda spoils the fun.

One of our commercials is Colton Dixon winter Jam at a town nearby and we wouldnt mind seeing him especially since it only 10 bucks but he performing with 12 other acts that I have no interest in hearing and that means I would assume 10 to 15 minutes per act. Well wait patiently.

Anyways I gave up watching last hour due to the spoiler and dvr kicking in another program
See yall vote week.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:31 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,979,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
RD5050 notice any strange edits?
I'm pretty certain it wont happen again.

The goof from last week had to be a huge embarrassment for the show, so they probably will be extra careful with editing going forward.

That goof changed the way I now think of the show.

Now I see auditions are not spontaneous one-time performances before the judges, but possibly multiple takes, and edited down to the final version we see on the show.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:46 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,979,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I dont like how the groups are formed for group performance. there should be more of an effort on the staff to group the singers.

Seems odd to leave an important decision to luck of the draw or random choice.

The Hanger proved that the judges put through too many participants not up to par. The hanger should have had all contestants sing acapella without an instrument.
I agree. There always is a lot of drama forming groups.

And why do they only give them one day to both form a group, and learn a song? Then usually someone talks about staying up till 3am rehearsing, to be ready to perform the next morning?

It just seem like unnecessary pressure?

You end up losing some good people just because they ended up in a group that didn't perform well together.

The show is supposed to be about individual talent, not group talent.

Old 02-07-2014, 04:30 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,591,846 times
Hollywood week group competitions are my very most favorite part of American Idol!

Drama = great t.v.!

In fact I rarely watch after it gets down to the final 12 or whatever it is.

Old 02-07-2014, 04:52 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,565,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post

Spencer Lloyd American Idol 2014 Season 13 Contestant Profile - American Idol Net
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
Don't know how far he will go but if he picks the right songs he may be around for a while.
Ditto!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV