Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 03:16 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,984,492 times

Advertisements

Production for Season 13 begins today:

'American Idol': Harry Connick Jr., Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban to Judge

Quote:
It's official: Fox has named Harry Connick Jr., Jennifer Lopez and Keith Urban as American Idol's newest judges panel.

The trio will kick off production on season 13 on Tuesday, Sept. 3, in Boston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 03:07 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,823,885 times
Huge improvement over Mariah and Nicki. What a mess that was.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:07 AM

More good news for American Idol 2014.

The results show has been cut to 30 minutes.

'American Idol' results show cut to 30 minutes - latimes.com

Quote:
Starting in January, there will be 30 fewer minutes on the Fox schedule dedicated to "American Idol." The long-running singing competition series is cutting its results show to a half-hour, down from the hour-long results shows that have aired since the show debuted on Fox in 2002.
The show's 13th season will debut on Jan. 15 and 16 with a two-night, four-hour kick-off.
Past seasons were dragged out way too long with 4 judges and long waits for results.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:26 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,597,080 times
That's good news....but I just FF through the stuff I don't want to watch anyway.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:21 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,163 times
Default American Idol XIII

New season starts January 15th! And there will be A LOT of changes this year.

Changes:

1. No more Nicki/Mariah. Harry Connick Jr, Jennifer Lopez, and Keith Urban panel with real chemistry.
Fun with the Judges! - AMERICAN IDOL SEASON XIII - YouTube and

It's All About the Chemistry - AMERICAN IDOL SEASON XIII - YouTube

2. Longtime producers Ken Warwick/Nigel Lythgoe fired. Former Swedish Idol producer Per Blankens brought in along with Jesse Ignjatovic and Evan Prager.

American Idol Names New Executive Producer

American Idol Adds MTV Music Awards Vets to Production Team (REPORT)

3. Overhauled themes and songs.

American Idol Producers Promise New Songs and Friendly Judges mjsbigblog

4. No more embarrassing, wacky, and joke auditions parading the early episodes. Mockery has been left behind.
Quote:
Elizabeth Esther @elizabethesther
Once again, I can watch @AmericanIdol with my whole family. No bullying. No raunch. Smart. Funny. Talent-focused. #idolsponsoredVIP
Four Reasons To Watch American Idol (Again) - Tree, Root, and Twig | Tree, Root, and Twig

‘American Idol’ 13 premiere spoilers: Harry Connick Jr. is your new favorite person - Zap2it

And many more that I'm sure will be announced. I hope this year can rebound after the mess of the season they had last year. The poison of the fighting divas is gone, so at least it will be miles better in that regard!

So who else will be watching?

P.S. I guess they are using roman numerals since "13" is so unlucky.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:36 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,408,403 times
This looks like a HUGE improvement to me.
Jen can be the queen, as she deserves, and Keith and Harry can supply cuteness.
I don't know what Nigel Lythgoe did, but if he was the one keeping the show from moving into the 21st century, I'm glad he's leaving.

And Thank goodness they are removing the Simon-esque cruelty factor. It always made me uncomfortable. I'm hoping for a more uplifting environment. < insert Groban background music 'You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains; You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas... >

If they can pull AI out of the death spiral it has been experiencing for the last several years, I'm all for it.

Last edited by NMNan; 01-03-2014 at 06:44 AM..

Old 01-03-2014, 06:40 AM

50,779 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post

Changes:

1. No more Nicki/Mariah. Harry Connick Jr, Jennifer Lopez, and Keith Urban panel with real chemistry.

2. Longtime producers Ken Warwick/Nigel Lythgoe fired. Former Swedish Idol producer Per Blankens brought in along with Jesse Ignjatovic and Evan Prager.

4. No more embarrassing, wacky, and joke auditions parading the early episodes. Mockery has been left behind.

Four Reasons To Watch American Idol (Again) - Tree, Root, and Twig | Tree, Root, and Twig

‘American Idol’ 13 premiere spoilers: Harry Connick Jr. is your new favorite person - Zap2it

And many more that I'm sure will be announced. I hope this year can rebound after the mess of the season they had last year. The poison of the fighting divas is gone, so at least it will be miles better in that regard!

#4 is great news to me! I stopped watching the auditions on Idol, I don't start watching until they get to Hollywood, because the jokey stupid people (like Bikini Girl) got on my nerves. I like the way they do the auditions on X-Factor much better.

Old 01-05-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post

Changes:

This is all great news!

Looking forward to watching this season.

No more of Randy Jackson's repetitive comments ("Yo Dawg", "In it to win it", etc.)

No more long waits for 4 judges now that we are back to 3.

No more fighting amongst the judges.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:07 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,163 times
More changes! The finale will be held in NYC at the Madison Square Garden!

American Idol XIII SPOILERS! - The Entire Schedule and Format Changes! mjsbigblog

Old 01-09-2014, 04:15 AM

693 posts, read 1,502,281 times
I wasn't sure if I was going to watch this season. After seeing all the new things they're doing to change it up I want to watch it. I also want to see how the new judges work out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV