Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2010, 12:47 PM

563 posts, read 1,025,496 times

Advertisements

UNSUB Suggestion: Jason Gideon....hmmm. Then the present team wouldn't be messed with. Did the actor leave the show on good terms so he can do a guest spot. So, GIDEON gets my new vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 01:09 PM

2,637 posts, read 12,628,093 times
As I understand it, he did not leave on good terms. He simply did not show up for the first day of filming of a new season, apparently without any warning. They had to scramble to write him out of the show and I think they had to negotiate just to get him to agree to film the last couple episodes that explain what happened to Gideon. I am pretty sure that he would never agree to be an unsub given his stated reasons for leaving CM.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:50 PM

444 posts, read 799,133 times
Mandy Patankin left on really bad terms. I think the only way the producers would let him come back would be for the pure satisfaction of killing him off.

I'm having a hard time liking the Joe Mantenga character. Maybe he can be the unsub and we can try another recast????

Old 02-11-2010, 05:33 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnow View Post
OOPS! - Yep, Prentiss.
---------------------------
Also, there are always a lot of good lines on the show and last night I liked this one (plane ride home):

Hotchner: There are lots of ways that sons defeat their fathers.
Reid: I just keep getting Ph.D.'s.

Yeah, I caught that line to and had to LOL! That was good.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:31 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,891,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
I found a clip from last night's show, wait a moment and then you can see Morgan's goatee around the 10 sec mark. It's the type I like best, thin and short, not like Rossi's that looks like it sneaks off his face and feeds on small children at night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe_ZZSrzweU
Basketball was on last night! And watching full episodes requires downloading Hotbar and a lot of adware stuff that monitors your surfing habits on the web. I pass on that one!

Old 02-12-2010, 06:04 AM

That's just a you-tube link for a clip of the episode. I have no experience with the site mentioned at the top and wasn't suggesting that people should visit it. You can play the you-tube link here on the CityData page with no worries about adware.

I had a thought last night of who I'd really like to see as a guest unsub - Vincent D'oNofrio.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:32 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
That's just a you-tube link for a clip of the episode. I have no experience with the site mentioned at the top and wasn't suggesting that people should visit it. You can play the you-tube link here on the CityData page with no worries about adware.

I had a thought last night of who I'd really like to see as a guest unsub - Vincent D'oNofrio.
Too cute, tilli!

Old 02-12-2010, 06:38 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,891,469 times
Quote:

Oh no, I didn't mean that you suggested the full episode! But the you-tube links only present clips. I am in the Charlotte area and the Duke-UNC game was on CBS so I didn't get to see the full episode. I don't recommend the link with the full episodes either. It was tempting, but the thought of deliberately putting on something like adware on my laptop is a no-no. Hoping for better luck next Wednesday!

Old 02-12-2010, 10:18 AM

563 posts, read 1,025,496 times
tilli - your suggestion of Vincent D'Onofrio as a guest unsub is excellent, although contracts may prevent it. However, if allowed, that would be an awesome storyline. For those of us who follow him on L&O CI, we know the guy can handle the dark side rather well!!

Old 02-12-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
tilli - your suggestion of Vincent D'Onofrio as a guest unsub is excellent, although contracts may prevent it. However, if allowed, that would be an awesome storyline. For those of us who follow him on L&O CI, we know the guy can handle the dark side rather well!!
I really admire his performance on L&O:CI especially. Goren is so fidgety, always playing with objects on the suspect's desks and sniffing the evidence and weird stuff like that, and in this regard he has always seemed very believable to me. It always makes me laugh when I watch him, thinking he must be a prop master's worst nightmare.

In fact I think the day I first got hooked on Criminal Minds, I had stopped my channel-flipping because I was trying to figure out how it was that this reedy, withdrawn, precise geek in a sweater vest was reminding me of lumbering, mumbling Bobby Goren. Eventually it became clear to me that it was partially the fact that both characters are highly intelligent, but it was mostly their very realistic mannerisms. Despite the way the writers use him as a sort of walking, talking deus ex machina, Reid is still very believable as a character, always twitching and swiping at his nose and chewing on his lip and stuff like that - exactly like a real person. So I guess I'd just love to see them on opposite sides of an interrogation table, then we could see who is twitchier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV