Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 02:26 AM

725 posts, read 1,888,890 times

Advertisements

Based on a thread discussing your favorite commercial, lets talk about the ones that are so horrible that it makes you change the channel the moment you see them.

For me it's this one.

I absolutely HATE that guy and his stupid song. I seriously feel like grabbing his keyboard and smashing him over the head with it and then beating him with his own shoes. I think it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't show this commercial all the time but when hey do it seriously makes me change the channel.

Proposal - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2013, 02:38 AM

18,717 posts, read 30,954,453 times
The one that show abandoned/abused animals while Sarah Machlachlan sings on and on and on and on. I dislike both the ad and how incredibly long it is.

The Progressive ad where the guy yells like a soccer ref and this one yell goes on and on because she forgets to hit a button to turn him off. What a moronic idea for an ad. Trust me, if Flo can't remember to hit the off button I can.

In general I dislike lengthy ads. Those are the ones that usually make me change the channel.

Old 09-16-2013, 02:48 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,605,879 times
So many. Too many to name.

Anything with Flo. Especially the one mentioned above.

Anything with people eating. Especially if the food is crunchy. Or kids/babies eating. Disgusting. It's over the top disgusting when a stupid woman is eating crunchy cereal whilst talking to a bee.

Toilet paper commercials. Personal hygiene commercials, in general.

I can't remember a time I bought something because of a commercial. Probably never. I CAN remember vowing to never buy a product because of the commercial, though.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:43 AM

2,430 posts, read 5,554,923 times
What is it with insurance commercials? They just brought Farmer's Insurance to the area, and we are being inundated with those pseudo college class bits "taught" by the actor who used to play a psychiatrist on Law & Order. Can't stand his new character!

And the Walgreens commercials with the voiceover by that actor who played the hippie DJ on Northern Exposure/Carrie's love interest on Sex & the City... his voice is SO whiny I can't stand it!

If I don't actually change the channel, I at least hit the mute button.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:45 AM

6,870 posts, read 7,815,421 times
Who watches commercials anymore? We record everything so we can fast forward.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:11 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,172,679 times
I have a few but the ones I dislike the most are these:

J.G. Wentworth (especially the ones where they sing the commercial like it's an opera)

Head On! Apply directly to the forehead.

Anything that involves brushing teeth and mouthwash. They never have toothpaste on the brush and when I rinse with Listerine, my eyes tear and my mouth feels like it's on fire. How come their's don't?

Anything that involves shaving. How come the person in the commercial has no hair on their face or legs?

The medical and life insurance commercials for people over 55, especially when they use Robert Wagner, Alex Trebek and Kelsey Grammer.

The animal cruelty commercials with Sara Machlachlan or the starving kids. They're both extremely depressing.

Pretty much any Kay Jewelers commercial.

Toilet paper and wet wipes for the butt. Do we need to be reminded? LOL

And the one that REALLY takes the cake--the one about the catheters. EWWWW!!!

Old 09-16-2013, 10:54 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,714,499 times
I'm sick of the Cheerios ad with the little girl who spills the cereal over her dad's heart. We get the picture along with your "message." Overkill. Also, the Lay's potato chip ad in which the airhead getting a manicure simply can't resist the bag of chips at someone's work station is ridiculous.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:16 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,721,002 times
the one from whatever that animated tv show is; where the annoying as hell kid repeats over and over and over.."momma momma mom mom momma momma mom momma.........."

Makes me wanna punch whomever thought that up and thinks it's funny.
Certainly doesn't make me want to watch the show. Don't even know what the name of the show is.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:45 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,416,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
the one from whatever that animated tv show is; where the annoying as hell kid repeats over and over and over.."momma momma mom mom momma momma mom momma.........."

Makes me wanna punch whomever thought that up and thinks it's funny.
Certainly doesn't make me want to watch the show. Don't even know what the name of the show is.
Family Guy. Is the commercial even for the show, or are the FG characters doing a commercial for a product? Dunno, too annoying to listen long enough to find out.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:47 PM

5,502 posts, read 6,417,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx View Post
What is it with insurance commercials? They just brought Farmer's Insurance to the area, and we are being inundated with those pseudo college class bits "taught" by the actor who used to play a psychiatrist on Law & Order. Can't stand his new character!

And the Walgreens commercials with the voiceover by that actor who played the hippie DJ on Northern Exposure/Carrie's love interest on Sex & the City... his voice is SO whiny I can't stand it!

If I don't actually change the channel, I at least hit the mute button.
Thank you! I thought I was the only one who hates his voice in the Walgreen's commercial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV