Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2015, 11:02 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,038,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarLatGo View Post
Just an fwiw, as of a couple of weeks ago when production wrapped, the folks working on the show believed it will be cancelled.
I hope not. I love this show. I thought during the previews for the next show they mentioned it was the season finale?

I don't know if I can take another show being canceled without a resolution/ending. I'm so hesitant to watch any new shows until they have established themselves in the ratings. It just sucks to get caught up in a show that I actually like and then poof, it's gone. Also, I look forward to seeing Ichabod every Monday night.

Last night's episode was good. I hope Katrina stays on the dark side. Crane's too good for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 10:07 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
I hope not. I love this show. I thought during the previews for the next show they mentioned it was the season finale?

I don't know if I can take another show being canceled without a resolution/ending. I'm so hesitant to watch any new shows until they have established themselves in the ratings. It just sucks to get caught up in a show that I actually like and then poof, it's gone. Also, I look forward to seeing Ichabod every Monday night.

Last night's episode was good. I hope Katrina stays on the dark side. Crane's too good for her.
I'm with you, ouijee. I really like this show. I like Katarina being bad along with her son. I certainly hope it gets picked up for another season. With "Leftenant" being back in the 1700s, would that mean a 2 hour finale? That would be excellent to maybe tie things up? I'm so disappointed that more people did not like this show.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:54 AM

5,264 posts, read 6,403,017 times
I like this show less and less as it goes along. What happened to the Headless Horseman? Katrina's decent into total evil was completely unearned. The captain's story is kind of boring. Adding the blonde dude to the cast was totally unnecessary. They don't spend enough time on the characters they already had. The show has just turned into a bad version of NBC's Grimm, which already skates the line between good and lousy.

I loved when it first came out, sort of a modern twist on the story, and it was wild enough and didn't take itself too seriously. But they've run out of gas and are just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

Old 02-18-2015, 12:51 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,038,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
I like this show less and less as it goes along. What happened to the Headless Horseman? Katrina's decent into total evil was completely unearned. The captain's story is kind of boring. Adding the blonde dude to the cast was totally unnecessary. They don't spend enough time on the characters they already had. The show has just turned into a bad version of NBC's Grimm, which already skates the line between good and lousy.

I loved when it first came out, sort of a modern twist on the story, and it was wild enough and didn't take itself too seriously. But they've run out of gas and are just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.
I get what you are saying. I still like the show. I was doing some digging last night trying to find out if it's going to be renewed. There were some interesting articles about the show. It seems the fans are NOT liking Katrina very much. Also, it was mentioned that the fans want the show to get back to the way it was in season one, the pending apocalypse, the two witnesses, less or no Katrina, and yes, the headless horseman. The fans also mentioned they want the writers from season one back as well. There was an interview with the actress that plays Katrina and she mentioned that Katrina will not be a big part of season three. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there is a season three. I don't have a link since I was reading several different articles about the show. I just googled "is Sleepy Hollow coming back for season 3" and that's where I found all the info.

I loved when Abby came out of the woods onto the road in the fog. She reached down and touched the road just like Ichabod did in the pilot. There was the instrumental music playing "Sympathy for the Devil" and the stage coach came roaring out of the fog. I loved that parallel to the pilot.

Old 02-18-2015, 01:00 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
I think Abraham, aka the headless horseman was killed in the battle in the woods when Frank got killed too.

I don't care, I still like the show. Less Katrina will be nice if there is a season 3.

Old 02-18-2015, 01:06 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,348,476 times
I like the show but honestly, I just sort of watch it in the background. If anyone asked me too many details other than the obvious, I'd be lost.

Old 02-18-2015, 01:52 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,766,516 times
Anyone else get a bad Revenge of the Sith flashback watching this episode? Just like that Katrina is evil? It just seemed rushed and unbelievable even for sci-fi/fantasy. If there is a 3rd season there better be very little Katrina or kill her off in next week's finale.

And someone raised a good question. We haven't seen Abraham AKA the headless horseman since that angel tried to kill him. Though I still enjoy the show the writing has been nowhere as good as season 1

Old 02-19-2015, 01:34 AM

897 posts, read 1,180,199 times
Really happy that Katrina is going to be offed. I actually felt sad for Henry, too. Somehow that man gets the best of me, but maybe that's the producer's way of getting us to see Katrina's issue regarding him, and helps us sympathize with her. It's not working, though.

I seriously dislike Katrina, and I heard ratings were going down. Probably because of her.

Also - I keep wondering where that angel went and where Abraham went. Sort of odd that they just ignored those two.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:18 AM

5,264 posts, read 6,403,017 times
Quote:
Anyone else get a bad Revenge of the Sith flashback watching this episode? Just like that Katrina is evil? It just seemed rushed and unbelievable even for sci-fi/fantasy.
Yeah, that's why I said it seemed unearned. I don't dislike her character, but she just hasn't been very consistently written. She's mostly background, then helpful for a few episodes, and now turns evil just like that. That makes no sense. They could have done some good episodes having Ichabod and Katrina conform to 20th century.

But now by sending Abby into the past, they are going to have to somehow do a story set in 1770 without all the extreme racism/sexism that occurred back then. Seems like a bad idea to me.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:23 AM

16,671 posts, read 15,668,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
I get what you are saying. I still like the show. I was doing some digging last night trying to find out if it's going to be renewed. There were some interesting articles about the show. It seems the fans are NOT liking Katrina very much. Also, it was mentioned that the fans want the show to get back to the way it was in season one, the pending apocalypse, the two witnesses, less or no Katrina, and yes, the headless horseman. The fans also mentioned they want the writers from season one back as well. There was an interview with the actress that plays Katrina and she mentioned that Katrina will not be a big part of season three. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there is a season three. I don't have a link since I was reading several different articles about the show. I just googled "is Sleepy Hollow coming back for season 3" and that's where I found all the info.

I loved when Abby came out of the woods onto the road in the fog. She reached down and touched the road just like Ichabod did in the pilot. There was the instrumental music playing "Sympathy for the Devil" and the stage coach came roaring out of the fog. I loved that parallel to the pilot.
I LOVED hearing Sympathy for the Devil playing softly in the background. I thought that was a really clever touch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV