Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 09:01 PM

679 posts, read 809,781 times

Advertisements

Glad I stuck with this show. I am enjoying more and more each week. AND tonight it won the Golden Globe for Comedy or Musical series, beating Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, Parks & Rec, and Girls. AND the lead actor Andy Samberg won the Golden Globe for Actor in a Comedy or Musical Series. Congrats!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 06:05 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,752,031 times
My wife and I almost gave up on it after the first 2-3 episodes, but it really has gotten much better.

I'm kind of surprised at the awards, but hey, it must resonate with non-Americans or something.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:21 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,263,919 times
I love Brooklyn Nine-Nine though I don't know that it's better than Parks & Rec. I still think that is one of the best shows on TV. Modern Family has gone downhill a bit the last season or two though I do still watch it and laugh every week. Big Bang Theory I stopped watching a while ago. It started to become a Friends clone when they all started getting girlfriends. Girls I haven't seen so I can't comment on it.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine was hit or miss at the beginning but it's been almost all good since at least Halloween.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:54 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,931,403 times
I'm rather surprised there isn't much chatter about this... unless I'm one of the few people that really enjoys this show?

Seems like it keeps getting better and better and the Season Finale was fantastic... looking forward to the next season!

Old 03-27-2014, 11:19 AM

3,763 posts, read 6,706,452 times
I really enjoy this show as well, I was surprised for a first season it went 22 episodes. I love BullBoxer31 character, she pulls it off so well. Do you guys think Charles and Vivian are over for good?

Spoiler

I am glad Jake told Amy how he feels...makes you wonder what Amy is thinking.

Old 03-27-2014, 11:23 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,245,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psurangers11 View Post
I'm rather surprised there isn't much chatter about this... unless I'm one of the few people that really enjoys this show?

Seems like it keeps getting better and better and the Season Finale was fantastic... looking forward to the next season!
It's the only "new" show of the past Season that hooked me. I watched every episode. Funniest show on TV at the moment.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:02 PM

2,794 posts, read 2,931,403 times
The whole Charles and Vivian thing is probably not over... considering his character can be pulled in either direction at anytime... poor b*stard!

Sure it was deemed a "surprise" that Nine-Nine won Best Comedy and Sandberg won Best Actor in a Comedy but it was truly earned. This show... his character, and quite frankly all the characters are absolutely perfect.

Plenty of awesome cliff hangers to keep all of us fans absolutely hooked and looking forward to the next season!

Old 03-27-2014, 09:11 PM

679 posts, read 809,781 times
Loved the season finale! I wonder where next season will pick up? Will we get to see Jake undercover, or will they jump ahead 6 months? If they jump ahead I bet we get flashbacks.

The characters have really grown on me. Those I found annoying the first few episodes I like now (e.g. Jena).

Old 03-28-2014, 05:11 AM

363 posts, read 817,387 times
While this show I don't find ROTF funny, it's a good show. I found the season finale very good. I was expecting Boyle to hook up with someone else other than who he woke up to. It will be interesting to see how that pans out next season. Capt. Holt showed his "Mack" side with his charm and ballroom dancing. I love the part where he says "Women want, what they can't have." And I love the fact that the 78 Pct in Brooklyn is used as the 99 Pct in the show.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:52 AM

579 posts, read 761,599 times
The previews look cheesier than the past 15 years of SNL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV