Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 10:27 PM

47 posts, read 155,336 times

Advertisements

It is a good show but I'm scared that the cutesy thing with Ned and Chuck will get too boring after a while.

Chi McBride is so funny. I would love to see an episode that shows how Ned and his character met and how they started working together.

I can't wait to meet Chi McBride's character's mother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 12:40 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,785,211 times
Thumbs up Season Premiere TONITE Peeparoonies!!!!

Alright-T fellow Pushing Daisies Fans !!!! Whose with me to see if the new season is going to start out on a good note ???! HUGE Partee at my house !!! Map 4 COOL peeps only !

Old 10-01-2008, 06:41 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle29 View Post
Chi McBride is so funny. I would love to see an episode that shows how Ned and his character met and how they started working together.
Unless I'm remembering very wrong, they did show that in the very first episode.

Chi is definitely the best part of the show. His lines that I haven't heard in months still make me laugh. "It does have a grassy flavor."

One of the side-characters from Bryan Fuller's other show Wonderfalls is going to be on an episode this season. I'd love to see Jaye from that show make an appearance.

You know who ought to be on? George from Dead Like Me. She releases dead souls. Ned raises the dead. George and Ned knockin' heads ... c'mon! It practically writes itself.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:14 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,785,211 times
Red face What can I say about tonights' show????!

Horrible ! Absolutely dreadful imo !! What the HECK were the writers' thinking ???! I'm trying to think of how it's changed from it's first season which I basically enjoyed? Did the darker hair sister change actresses? The whole thing seemed really weird tonight and I believe they changed some info from last season about the character's pasts. Oh well, I guess I'll have more FREE time on Wednesday nights ! Don't know if I'll watch again after tonight episode .

Old 10-02-2008, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Unless I'm remembering very wrong, they did show that in the very first episode.
I dont' think they showed how they met. On the first episode they were already working together.
-----

This season premiere was very unexpected. I was very disappointed. There was something off about this episode. Emerson Cod was very very funny but there was something not right. The whole thing with Olive at the convent or whatever was so off. And the aunts just seemed lost. Also all the secrets are crazy. Ned seemed like a stalker. Something just seemed off.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:25 AM

Quote:
I dont' think they showed how they met. On the first episode they were already working together.
-----
I think they showed it in a flashback.

Emerson was pursuing a suspect, who died. Fell off a roof as I remember. Ned accidentally touched him, bringing him back to life, then killed him again --- all of which Emerson saw. So Emerson blackmailed Ned into working for him. Help me solve crimes, or I tell everyone what you can do.

In may not have been in the first episode, but I know I remember seeing it.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Something just seemed off.
Season 1 was definitely quirky and odd, but it still had one foot firmly planted in reality. Last night's episode ... not so much. They went from asking me to suspend disbelief to breaking it.

Still funny. But yeah, a definite turn for the worse since Season 1. I'm hoping they find their feet again. I'm still watching, because a below-average Pushing Daisies is still better than 90% of other shows on TV.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:51 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,085,436 times
Last night was the first time I ever watched this show. It was okay, but a little too quirky for me, and the continuous narration got on my nerves.
I don't know enough about film to say what it was, but something about just about every scene seemed very peaceful and beautiful. I wonder if they use some sort of special filming technique, IDK.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
the continuous narration got on my nerves.
You don't like the Walgreens guy voice?

Old 10-03-2008, 02:17 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
I think they have a different writer. One of the sisters looks different, and so does Chuck. She doesn't look as pretty as before. Less makeup or she changed her hair.
I hope the story lines get better like the first season. They were gone so long because of the writer's strike and now it's just not the same. I will continue to watch it though. If some of you think the narrators voice is aggravating, try watching Knight Rider with the car that never shuts up. That's worse to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV