Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2010, 11:50 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,997,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
I do know that I could never see Jackie O wearing Andy's outfit.
I can see how they thought Andy's outfit was JackyO with a modern twist. Michelle Obama would wear it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I can see how they thought Andy's outfit was JackyO with a modern twist. Michelle Obama would wear it.
CORRECTION: I was thinking of Mundo's outfit, not Andy's!

Old 09-19-2010, 09:19 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,148,202 times
Quote:
Perhaps he's trying to become the Simon Cowell of fashion!

Andy's pants didn't fit right, but they were a funky cross between goucho and cargo pants. I'm not sure Jackie O wouldn't have worn something similar had it been 2010.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:18 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,353,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post

Andy's pants didn't fit right, but they were a funky cross between goucho and cargo pants. I'm not sure Jackie O wouldn't have worn something similar had it been 2010.
I'm certain Jackie would not have worn them. And the minute I saw Mondo's outfit come down the runway, I could see Jackie wearing it and getting rave reviews in the fashion press. I didn't think he'd win because the judges are so confounding sometimes. I too think that the definition of sportswear was lost on everyone, including the judges.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
I'm certain Jackie would not have worn them. And the minute I saw Mondo's outfit come down the runway, I could see Jackie wearing it and getting rave reviews in the fashion press. I didn't think he'd win because the judges are so confounding sometimes. I too think that the definition of sportswear was lost on everyone, including the judges.
Guess everyone missed my CORRECTION post. I meant Mundo instead of Andy.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:39 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,353,188 times
I didn't miss the correction. Andy DID design the gaucho/cargo pants, right? And I was saying that Jackie would never have worn them. And I was correctly referring to Mondo's winning outfit as the one I could most picture Jackie in.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:12 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,928,809 times
Quote:
Guess everyone missed my CORRECTION post. I meant Mundo instead of Andy.
Yes, yes - I agree. Michelle O would look awesome in Mondo's outfit.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:17 PM

36,411 posts, read 16,018,728 times
I could not see Michelle O in Mundo's outfit, someone very thin could pull it off. I didn't like andy's tops at all, I like the pants though.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:50 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,928,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
"OK Kittens..." You just have to go to project run gay's blog. Do a search, TOS says we can't post it here. But they have NAILED the Gretchen thing, and i just adore the recap on "that little Imp" Mondo for winning. You can click on different pics to get to the blog posts. What a hoot. I'm just sitting here giggling as I read it and I had to share.

Oh my - I wasted about two hours of my life this weekend reading these blog entries. Absolutely hilarious!!! I kept on reading - more and more and more older posts. When I got to Amy (Season 7)'s "Hair dress", I said ENOUGH and got back to my real life.

So fun....

Old 09-19-2010, 08:50 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,382,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
I too think that the definition of sportswear was lost on everyone, including the judges.
Me too. I was thinking - tennis wear, golf, after ski, even something like jogging wear. LOL I prolly would have designed running shorts! But I guess they meant "casual" -- since New Yahkers like the judges don't seem to do a lot of sports things. LOL Project Rungay made fun of Tim on the boat -- and the fact that they made the Ferry look like it was some sort of cruise.

I meant to mention - if you go to Project Rungay, the boys do a recap of Fashion week - look for Front Row at Fashion week. Once you see that, every single design we've seen on Project Runway makes sense. The off center angled necklines, the combo of stripes and designs, the flowing weird hemlines. All there. And not all of it's on the runway - it's being worn by the fashionistas.

Last edited by R_Cowgirl; 09-19-2010 at 09:10 PM.. Reason: update
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV