Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2011, 10:15 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,381,676 times

Advertisements

By the 9th season, I would expect them to know that there could be a pet store challenge, another funky store challenge, additional "make a second piece" challenge... etc. I would study every single other season, look at the challenges, and have some ideas tucked away just in case. It seems the winners are the ones who can get to the actual work the quickest.

And hey - no cracks about Bert being "the old guy!" Some of us were already on the planet when he was born. And we don't feel a day over 38!
(no laughing... you'll be there some day. If you are lucky!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 06:05 AM

1,961 posts, read 4,382,184 times
To be honest, I was disappointed with the winner of this episode. I thought the birdseed dress was much better. I guess this goes to show that Heidi does not always get her way -lol.

I thought Oliviers look was OK - but I would not have picked that for the top three. Maybe it looked much better on the runway? I even checked this morning and looked at the runway pictures and still did not get the wow factor for his look. I liked the dress with aquarium rocks better, but that did not even make the top three. I am also surprised that the weirdly accessorized look was in the top three.

The loser - I did not think his was that bad. I thought the dog food bag look was equally bad - but maybe I just don't like her style (everything looks like outerwear)

As for Anya, I don't get the fan favorite thing regarding her styles. I did not even remember what her look until I checked this morning on the lifetime website. And even then I still don't think that it was super fantastic.

Next weeks episode seems like it will be interesting. Although as an aside here, it seems like they will be pretty constume-y by the nature of what the designs have to be. Which is interesting since the judges are always cautioning the designers that they are to be making fashion, not costumes. I guess we shall wait and see.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:35 AM

11,865 posts, read 16,991,667 times
The winner's look was so...blah. It was pale and washed out. The top did not fit. Not sure how he won.

Bird seed dress was beautiful, but I thought the aquarium rock thing was the best.

I was rooting for Bert until he threw this one away. He could have used that netting to make something instead of just going for fabric.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:03 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,351,915 times
Maybe I'm being too nit-picky but why do they keep calling Olivier - OLIVER - as in Oliver Cromwell (sorry, can't think of another Oliver) instead of OLIVIER - as in Sir Laurence Olivier? I could swear that in the first episode he called himself Oh-Liv-eee-ay. Regardless, he's my favorite and I'm so glad he won.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:27 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,130,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
And I paid no attention to whatever the guest judge said because everytime they showed her all I did was stare in confusion at the large teal bow or whatever that was on the side of her head!
Looks like something she had left over from the royal wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
By the 9th season, I would expect them to know that there could be a pet store challenge, another funky store challenge, additional "make a second piece" challenge... etc. I would study every single other season, look at the challenges, and have some ideas tucked away just in case.
I was thinking the SAME thing. Same with Design Star. I would have a whole bunch of ideas planned out ahead of time that I could inject in order to get the most out of my time. I would think of any type of store possible and already have a design in mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Bird seed dress was beautiful, but I thought the aquarium rock thing was the best.

I was rooting for Bert until he threw this one away. He could have used that netting to make something instead of just going for fabric.
I liked both of those as well. I do think Oliver, even though not my personal favorite this week, will proceed as a front runner long term. Everyone, including the other designers, seem to have great confidence in his ability....which means they are all seeing something we may not be seeing.

Fallene reminds me of a young Shirley MacLaine:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/ShirleyMacLaine1.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-05-2011, 11:42 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,748,165 times
In that same vein, you wold think anyone going on Survivor would learn to make fire and practice untying rope and other thinks you've seen on the show. Same goes for Amazing Race, why would you not know how to drive a stick? Yet every season, people are on thses shows that have no idea whats going on. THe producers must really try hard to find them.

As far as Project Runway, I've given up trying to pick during the show based on this last episode. How could someone essntially using one entire piece of fabric from a dog beg with little construction or effort that looked horrible and frumpy even stay out of bottom 3, much less win?

Old 08-05-2011, 02:40 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,781,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
In that same vein, you wold think anyone going on Survivor would learn to make fire and practice untying rope and other thinks you've seen on the show. Same goes for Amazing Race, why would you not know how to drive a stick? Yet every season, people are on thses shows that have no idea whats going on. THe producers must really try hard to find them.

As far as Project Runway, I've given up trying to pick during the show based on this last episode. How could someone essntially using one entire piece of fabric from a dog beg with little construction or effort that looked horrible and frumpy even stay out of bottom 3, much less win?

it is very confusing for sure

Old 08-05-2011, 03:34 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,927,145 times
I sure hope they repurposed all of the leftover dog food, bird seed, toys and leashes to a pet rescue or something....

Old 08-05-2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman;20330136[B
]In that same vein, you wold think anyone going on Survivor would learn to make fire and practice untying rope and other thinks you've seen on the show. Same goes for Amazing Race, why would you not know how to drive a stick? Yet every season, people are on thses shows that have no idea whats going on. THe producers must really try hard to find them.[/b]

Oh man! And here I've been practicing with sticks and fire and ropes. Sigh. They will NEVER ask me to be on Survivor!

I agree - i think they look for slightly stupid and screaming/crying drama queens for a percentage of the contestants. Darwin at work. They always throw ringers in there to be voted off early.

No favs yet. Gotta see them in action.

Did anyone notice how scrawny Heidi looked last night? How many weeks are there really between filming episodes? We see them one week apart. But she looked so different it was almost like it was a month apart. Anyone know?

Old 08-05-2011, 09:04 PM

OMG - Tom and Lorenzo are hysterical about last night's show. I love this quote:

"So congrats to Olivier, the Asian with blonde hair, American with a Brit accent, and “Oliver” with an extra vowel. We are intrigued by your myriad contradictions, Precious Moments."

These guys just nail it, don't they? Gotta love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV