Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2011, 12:51 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
This was one of the better episodes in a pretty weak season. It helped a lot that the band members were such great sports! I hate the distraction of difficult camera-hogging clients like we had last week.

The right person won and the right person went home. Finally.

I am getting tired of the recent line of judges comments, though. It is like Judges Mad Libs....
"It looks like a ____________ going to a _____________"
It reminds me of a __________________ made for a __________________ doing the ______________"

Even Nina resorts to these prepackaged one liners more than she used to.

I like judges comments that teach something about design or fashion. Like when they discuss the cut of the fabric or the portions. I'm really tired of the silliness.
And in the past episode, Michael K continued on and on in his great effort to get Adam L to laugh at him.

It's okay once in awhile, but I agree that too much is demeaning to the designer. Even if they put together something crappy, they are still people with dreams and feelings. (Except Josh, he's a psycho......)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGal View Post
Knowing how overly dramatic they make the commercials, I wouldn't be surprised at all if a second after the clip we saw, someone says, "Here it is! I found it!" Or maybe the other designers pool their change for her.
I suspect you are correct. Either that....or she'll be elbow deep in Ritz dye....

Old 09-25-2011, 06:25 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
I think she'll find a way to be very creative with muslin and the judges will applaud her ability to make the best of a bad situation.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:59 AM

Maybe someone should do a whole line out of muslin.
Cheap clothing for the fashion minded.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:56 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
comes on tonight!! Just a reminder

Old 09-29-2011, 07:14 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
Since they always shop at Mood why doesnt PR issue them a gift card or a credit line for each designer at this store.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:53 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
oh man...where to start???

Someone in NY hit the jackpot by finding $100.00 lying on the floor

Josh is not only a biotch but a copy cat,smart azz biotch who should have gone home tonight. Anthony's looks were not nearly as bad as the judges made them out to be...........IMHO of course. Laura's was awful---terrible....nightmarish!!!! The first one anyway................the 2nd one was nice; in fact I would wear it. But that first one--
Then there was Josh's and holy crap I have never seen anything so ugly on PR or anywhere. Ditto for his attitude. He should have listened to what the others were saying about designers studying and having knowledge of ALL eras of clothing style.

Once again I think Bert was robbed. But Anya is their pet project this season so...........

On a side note: I like Anya's personal style and would wear the clothes she wears. And she seems nice enough but I don't feel she won this challenge at all.

Love me some Tim Gunn so much!!! His heart is so pure and good!!

Old 09-29-2011, 09:08 PM

7,367 posts, read 5,481,324 times
Quoting Anya-I can't believe it! Yeah, neither could I! What was wrong with the judges tonight? Anya did not deserve to win. The jumpsuit was OK, but the clay colored top was poorly made and the pants were not hemmed right and too short. I think she won because the judges were impressed that she made the first outfit for $11.50. Viktor should have won IMO.
And Josh deserved to go home. His pant outfit was horrid!

Old 09-29-2011, 11:32 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,385,398 times
so who are the three finalists?
I say Anya, Bert, and Viktor
the rest should just go home.
Didn't expect tonights elimination... thought precious should have gone... Or Kimberly
Can't wait till tomorrow to read TLo's take on tonight.

This is when the finalists start to get serious. Did you notice? Up till tonight, even with the snarky stuff going on with Bert and Princess Josh, there was still evidence of camaraderie in the workroom. Tonight it shows they are pretty much over it. Time to get serious and win this puppy.

And I agree. Tim Gunn is just a sweetie. This is so intense. I couldn't survive it, and it's Tim who makes it livable for all of these people.

Is anyone else as offended as me by the show that comes right after PR? Who is that horrible woman and why do they allow her to abuse little kids on TV like that??? GAAAAH!

Old 09-30-2011, 12:21 AM

4,280 posts, read 6,085,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
Quoting Anya-I can't believe it! Yeah, neither could I! What was wrong with the judges tonight? Anya did not deserve to win. The jumpsuit was OK, but the clay colored top was poorly made and the pants were not hemmed right and too short. I think she won because the judges were impressed that she made the first outfit for $11.50. Viktor should have won IMO.
And Josh deserved to go home. His pant outfit was horrid!
I thought Viktor's outfits were horrid. I agree that Josh should have gone, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV