Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2011, 03:41 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,357,614 times

Advertisements

Oh Bert! I kept wondering the whole episode why no one seemed to be concerned by his designs - both of them? So much focus on Kimberly's meltdown, and Josh's mess of a dress - and those were both problematic - but come on, Bert's over in the corner designing his own little mess, and no one is even saying anything? I wanted someone - Tim? - to step in and tell him that he should be melting down along with the other two, and rethinking what he was doing, but nothing happened.

And then suddenly it's fashion show time, and Bert is admitting he doesn't like his own dress? Just made me so sad! What went wrong? I know he hated the bird, but the bird was gone after the first 30 minutes - he should have taken whatever tiny bit of inspiration he got, and gone his own way, and not let that bird do him in.

Just really really sad to see him end his run that way...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 04:25 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,739,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
I disagree. She could easily add a zipper to that design, hidden in the side, and it would be fine. That's a minor detail - and easily overlooked when the design is so much better than all the others. Minor issues like that only become a problem when the designer is on the way out anyway.

Exactly!
your opinion and of course you're entitled to it,just as I am. We rarely agree so no surprise there. If anyone but Anya sent something out that had to be finished later they would be called out on it. But whatever.......you guys keep singing her praises..........no skin off my back.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:22 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,739,078 times
I haven't seen an episode since 9/22 because they stopped updating OnDemand. I'm so mad!

Old 10-07-2011, 08:11 AM

37,754 posts, read 40,844,087 times
Sad to see Bert go but the biggest shocker --- Kenley is coming back in the Project Runway that starts in November. I thought for sure she would have been in prison by now.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:12 AM

43,854 posts, read 50,951,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post

I just watched the show After The Runway. Laura was not there. hmmm...?.......................
I'm going have to find Laura's blog.
Know what I think? I think this was filmed AFTER they showed in New York. I wonder if Anya was the winner, since the winner always comes in later after the others have had a chance to chat. Her hair was also a little different. They all looked well rested and different. I don't believe this was filmed right after this particular challenge at all. And truthfully, Anya almost HAD to win this episode in order for it to work.

From the couch placements, I would say Anya, Victor and Josh were the last three.

Liked Laura jumping all in Joshua's ship. If you find the link to her blog, please post it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
I'm not irritated about Anya's lack of sewing skills since this isn't Project Seamstress, as they say. Her inate sense of style and design is a gift. Sewing can be taught.
She IS a great designer. At the end of the day, her sewing skills are probably irrelevant anyway. But for the show, since they do have to sew their own stuff, maybe she should've been required to have better skills. Not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
Just really really sad to see him end his run that way...
I quite agree. I like Bert....but I will admit he probably would never be a big name designer....if for no other reason than getting his horse in the race too late in life. Realistically, life is just like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I haven't seen an episode since 9/22 because they stopped updating OnDemand. I'm so mad!
Just watch them directly on the site:
Watch Project Runway Full Episodes & Videos Online - myLifetime.com

Last night I happened to be home, so I watched the whole thing as it aired, but most of the time I watch it online the next day.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:28 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,371,583 times
Laura's blog is ont he PR/Lifetime website:

Project Runway Blogs - myLifetime.com

Old 10-07-2011, 02:05 PM

237 posts, read 378,816 times
Was after the runway good? I fell asleep at 2:40 in the morning just as anya was getting seated. Her design aesthetic is growing on me, but you should also be able to sew. I think having to be cut out of your dress is BULL###@! I think Anya or Viktor will win.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:24 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,739,338 times
Laura's Blog on last night's episode/challenge:
Laura Bennett Blog - Project Runway Blog - myLifetime.com

an excerpt and I so totally agree with her regarding Anya's dress (the puckering was killin me!!)
Laura:
I am going to go completely out on a limb here and say that I think Joshua deserved the win. I was not impressed with Anya's black structured dress. "Not what you usually do" is not good enough for me. The dress appeared puckered and not well made, I hated the bird-beak shoulders, and it was merely a bad version of the dress Viktor made in the Nina Garcia challenge.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:42 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,357,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Know what I think? I think this was filmed AFTER they showed in New York. I wonder if Anya was the winner, since the winner always comes in later after the others have had a chance to chat. Her hair was also a little different. They all looked well rested and different. I don't believe this was filmed right after this particular challenge at all. And truthfully, Anya almost HAD to win this episode in order for it to work.
I thought it was filmed last night - as in live - or almost live...

As for Anya coming in later, I assumed they did that so that the others would be free to speak their minds, without her being there - sometimes that's the only way to get a truthful reaction. Especially since they all like her - no one wants to say hurtful things - but after seeing the latest episode?

Because seriously? It was just last week - so in Project Runway time, three days ago - that Anya LOST all her money, and was completely dependent on the charity of others to even have a chance. So for her to then turn around, three days later, and refuse to do the exact same thing for Josh that he had done for her three days prior? He gave her fabric! Unbelievable!

And Anya's contention that "at this point" in the competition he shouldn't even be asking was also ridiculous. If she could ask three days before...

Oh, and my favorite? Her whole tangible versus non-tangible help argument. Come on! Laura has been sewing since she was eight, and Josh has a lot of education, and they both helped her - and that help was valuable. And Josh was right when he said that she might not even have gotten to that point in the competition without some of the help she's gotten.

I like Anya, and I think she will win, and should win! It's a design show, and so far she has clearly been the most interesting designer. But I don't blame the other designers for being a little irritated at her, and I don't blame her for being a little bit annoyed by their comments. But, it bothered me when she minimized their contributions.

Has there ever been a winner this controversial before? Not that she has the win wrapped up at this point, but she clearly is the biggest contender, and it sure feels like she's headed for the win!

Old 10-07-2011, 04:01 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,325,529 times
The judges made the correct decision, I like Anya and actually like Laura dress on the runway but listening to the judges about the pants something hard to see on TV, I see there point.

Anya I loved the shoulder it was fierce, and who cares if a model needs to be cut out of dress after the show. They will make adjustments if it hits production line.

Viktor looked liked model ran into a bird cage very surprising if him.

Kimberly nice save consider she was having a bad day.

Josh - did any of you guys catch him licking a fabric? lol why hehe did it smelled like a man.
Josh's two dresses remind of sherbert & orange creamsicle
His runway dress also to me look like a orange toga but jedges was happy with only he went simple.

Bert I agree with others there was no showcasing him prior to runway.
but what does he have against Parrots. Those are fun birds.
His dress look like a Battle Star Gallactia outfit. Glad he is gone.

After the Runway, I like the show it was fun they should do it more often in future seasons but previous winner Laura Bennett what A B.
Im sorry I did not like the way she was going off on Josh. She turn a fun after the runway show into a hot mess. Im on Team Josh on this one.
We have seen Josh be a fun nice guy but hey you got to be caddy in the fashion industry as you have to put up with alot of candidness.
Heck we seen almight Viktor be snooty too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV