Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2012, 08:00 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times

Advertisements

I thought the challenge was interesting (and fun). I would rather have them unique, than just giving them 15 minutes to make something.

Did they say Austin's mom was homeless? I guess he didn't make much money on that short lived series. I saw this on the talk show afterwards.

Clarification: I haven't seen the first 30 minutes of the show yet. By the time I get home from work, it is already 9:20 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 09:45 AM

3,493 posts, read 7,929,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I thought the challenge was interesting (and fun). I would rather have them unique, than just giving them 15 minutes to make something.

Did they say Austin's mom was homeless? I guess he didn't make much money on that short lived series. I saw this on the talk show afterwards.

Clarification: I haven't seen the first 30 minutes of the show yet. By the time I get home from work, it is already 9:20 PM.
Austin skyped with him mom and she told him that her home had gone into foreclosure. I think that sweet, child-like Austin didn't really understand what that even meant. He said something like "so my mom is essentially homeless". I think he meant that she no longer was living in her home - not that she didn't have anywhere at all to live.

I liked Kenley's outfit best of all. I thought it was the most creative and unique. Austin's was pretty, but it looked like less of a stretch for him than Kenley's did. I thought Michael's was dreadful and didn't really think too much of Mondo's either. All that said, the right person went home.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:25 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
Austin skyped with him mom and she told him that her home had gone into foreclosure. I think that sweet, child-like Austin didn't really understand what that even meant. He said something like "so my mom is essentially homeless". I think he meant that she no longer was living in her home - not that she didn't have anywhere at all to live.

I liked Kenley's outfit best of all. I thought it was the most creative and unique. Austin's was pretty, but it looked like less of a stretch for him than Kenley's did. I thought Michael's was dreadful and didn't really think too much of Mondo's either. All that said, the right person went home.
Yes, exactly, I'm sure his mom rented an apartment, or bought a cheaper house, or something. He was just commentating on her losing her house to foreclosure. That's happened to a lot of people these days who don't end up on the street, they just have to rent a place, and give up on homeownership, at least temporarily. Tough times!

Old 03-02-2012, 01:34 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,829,054 times
Except for the "sunglasses" and long skirt, I really liked Jerrell's design, but I'm guessing I'm the only person who did .....

I hate to admit this, but I enjoyed Kenley's outfit, too. Didn't much care for any of the others, though.

Old 03-02-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
Except for the "sunglasses" and long skirt, I really liked Jerrell's design, but I'm guessing I'm the only person who did .....

I hate to admit this, but I enjoyed Kenley's outfit, too. Didn't much care for any of the others, though.
There was a lot about Jerrel's design that I liked, the skirt once the black was made into a mini was great, the top was cool too, especially the top part of it, but together they were too much, the fringe coming together didn't work for me. So many of his pieces are wonderful, but there's too many of them, or too many accessories piled on. They showed one of his disaster outfits on the after show, and I looked at just the skirt, without the weird shoulder jacket, piles of necklaces, and stripey bikini top, that skirt with a simple tank would be a show stopper on vacation in the summer. He can make amazing stuff, but needs help with editing, his stuff is fun, but it's like he thinks there can never be too much fun, so just pile on more and more, but with clothes there can too much.

Last edited by detshen; 03-02-2012 at 02:21 PM..

Old 03-02-2012, 03:35 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,929,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
He can make amazing stuff, but needs help with editing, his stuff is fun, but it's like he thinks there can never be too much fun, so just pile on more and more, but with clothes there can too much.
By this point in the competition - especially for All Stars - if a designer is still getting the same criticism ("you need to edit") that they received at the beginning of the competition, it is truly time for them to go.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
By this point in the competition - especially for All Stars - if a designer is still getting the same criticism ("you need to edit") that they received at the beginning of the competition, it is truly time for them to go.
Oh definitely, it was his time, but in the future I think he can make some great separates. Everyone has weaknesses, hopefully he will fix the issue, or make sure he has a wise editor to help him.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:37 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,807,206 times
I think if Jerrell had left off that horrid black long "granny" skirt and made it a mini, I would have loved his look. I did like the movement of the lights he used. It was time for him to go. He still needs to learn to edit and realize that sometimes less is more.

I have to say I was very impressed with Kenley stretching herself this week. No polkadots or Peter Pan collars - Yay! The neon plaid she made with the tape was genius, and the cut of the pieces made a statement without making the model herself look huge. Very well done, and the styling also. I might have given her the win, but I did really love Austin's dress and his interpretation of the night sky. So romantic! I, too, would have liked to see him work in the lights and cover some with more tulle, but even so, it was just magical!

This was a really interesting challenge to me. I would have liked to seen what they might have come up with given more time.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:02 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,166,275 times
Well, I admit I'm biased against Kenley but I wasn't that impressed with her look. She did one of her typical retro dresses yet again only with plaid tape instead of polka dots, and a boxy lattice thing on top. She has some talent, but no range whatsoever and that voice, oh god, that voice...

Jerrell's would have been my favorite if only he knew when to stop. I know he's got editing and taste level issues, but I will miss his free spirited attitude.

I thought this challenge would be totally up Mondo's alley, but his outfit was just ok to me.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:24 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Well, I admit I'm biased against Kenley but I wasn't that impressed with her look. She did one of her typical retro dresses yet again only with plaid tape instead of polka dots, and a boxy lattice thing on top. She has some talent, but no range whatsoever and that voice, oh god, that voice...

Jerrell's would have been my favorite if only he knew when to stop. I know he's got editing and taste level issues, but I will miss his free spirited attitude.

I thought this challenge would be totally up Mondo's alley, but his outfit was just ok to me.
I didn't like nor "get" Kenley's outfit at all. I thought/think it was horrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV