Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2012, 12:02 AM

3,110 posts, read 5,385,843 times

Advertisements

I KNEW I had seen Dmitry's dress last week before! I was looking at an old challenge commentary on TLo and they had the picture of Dmitry's dress for July 22. Does this look anything like the Rockettes dress to you?

Not a lot of difference from this one below. Switch shoulders, make it shinier, add fringe. Better makeup on the model. Hmmmmmmm I thought it should have won last week. Now I can see why it didn't. Still think they should add this skirt styling to Christopher's NYC skyline.

One more thing - have you noticed the models don't look as anorexic this year as previous years? She is really quite attractive and has actual lady curves. It's refreshing to NOT be yelling at the TV and throwing cheeseburgers at the models

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 06:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 12:05 AM

5,333 posts, read 8,545,426 times
I love that the lady who hated her baby's dress (and her own) got great comments from the judges and the designer for them also won!

Wonder if she changes her opinion after that....

Old 09-28-2012, 12:07 AM

Yeah and I loved that Sonjia told Christopher to stick with his design and not let "Mary J Blige" ruin his day. I've never loved those fashion designer flowery things. Every couple of years all the socialites are wearing those dresses and I always laugh because I know I will see them at the consignment store after they wear them one time. Mom used to wear those "housedresses" back in the day...

Old 09-28-2012, 12:09 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
I KNEW I had seen Dmitry's dress last week before! I was looking at an old challenge commentary on TLo and they had the picture of Dmitry's dress for July 22. Does this look anything like the Rockettes dress to you?

Not a lot of difference from this one below. Switch shoulders, make it shinier, add fringe. Better makeup on the model. Hmmmmmmm I thought it should have won last week. Now I can see why it didn't. Still think they should add this skirt styling to Christopher's NYC skyline.

One more thing - have you noticed the models don't look as anorexic this year as previous years? She is really quite attractive and has actual lady curves. It's refreshing to NOT be yelling at the TV and throwing cheeseburgers at the models

but yet and still both outfits rock!!!
Yea -true about the models and also they aren't focusing on them in any way this season. We don't even know their names any longer. Gone is the select your model part of the show;which I sort of enjoyed

Old 09-28-2012, 12:14 AM

I did too. I know the model paired with the winner gets some goodies, and I would much rather watch the models after the runway show than some stupid reality punk your mom show.

And you're right - both outfits DO rock. Love that fringe!
Agree with your note as well. They are down to some really great designers! In the end, this has turned out to be a very talented cast once a few were auf'ed.
Spoiler
I think it will be Sonjia, Christopher, Dmitry, and Dumpster guy - forgot his name... Christopher and Sonjia look like they are headed for a tie!

So if I remember correctly - they narrow it down to 4 designers and someone gets auf'ed at the last minute?

Old 09-28-2012, 06:10 AM

3,493 posts, read 7,934,927 times
I just looked at Heidi's Truly Scrumptious line on the Babies R Us website. One designer's outfit is being sold just as we saw it, but the other looks very different!

Spoiler
Sonji's cute little boy "suit" looks almost just as he designed it, but Christopher's dress and little jacket are being made in navy blue with light green flower accents. A big departure from the white dress that he created.

Both outfits though are fairly reasonably priced at $29 (marked down actually from $39)

Old 09-28-2012, 07:33 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,594,189 times
Dmitry really was the highlight of the show last night - so many funny lines. Loved his bit about babies/kittens. It was funny, too, to see MK so out of his element like R_C said.

One of you mentioned Hillary Duff being a sweetie. I did like her better than expected - and thought she had a few insightful comments - but I wanted to throw an anvil at her when she told the one designer "and until you have a baby of your own you wouldn't know that!" Rrrgggg! That "you're not a mommy" bs gives me aneurysms!

Glad too that Chris got good comments - I didn't like his mom, either - she was a prima donna.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:01 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Oh Dimitri was hilarious!!! His outfit, hideous, but one of those cute outfits your kid would always wear.

Michael Khors cracked me up when he said "It is like a super hero, I mean who would wear that?". All the moms just looked at him and laughed. Funny stuff.

Glad Chris won and basically put the mom in her place. She definitely felt badly when she left the runway and the judges gushed over his designs!

Old 09-28-2012, 11:50 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,810,953 times
I loved this challenge!! Id love too see them design for pregnant women or a man at the office.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:17 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,102,717 times
Haven't watched this week yet but I was already spoiled on who got voted off when my roommate had her TV turned up too loud last night. I'll watch it anyway; I love those Dmitry-isms. He's so unexpectedly hilarious. You look at him and expect him to be all gothy, and then he comes out with these one-liners. He's like a hilarious Count Chocula.

Spoiler

I am sad that Elena was kicked off though. I wanted her and Dmitry to continue their love-hate relationship so they could eventually have gorgeous Soviet babies.

Last edited by MatildaLoo; 09-28-2012 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: ETA Spoiler
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV