Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2008, 11:09 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times

Advertisements

I think Korto should have won tonight. Her style and designs simple yet beautifully elegant. Too bad. But think she will go on to do well anyway. Leeann won, her designs cutesy and okay, but would have picked her third. Even Kenley's designs were better. Not sure what the judges had in mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 11:12 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,159,728 times
exactly what I was thinking. All 3 were really good, I thought. But LeeAnne's was too much of the wavy, petals-too too much.
Oh well-the winners seem to fade away while the runers-up stay more in the limelight.I've noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
I think Korto should have won tonight. Her style and designs simple yet beautifully elegant. Too bad. But think she will go on to do well anyway. Leeann won, her designs cutesy and okay, but would have picked her third. Even Kenley's designs were better. Not sure what the judges had in mind.

Last edited by Élan vital; 10-15-2008 at 11:13 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 10-16-2008, 06:32 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gue View Post
I read on another site that when the camera first enters Kenleys apartment you can see 2 people standing by a desk at the back of the room. I'll have to try & catch that episode again. The thought is they are probably roommates that she or they didn't want to be shown.
I'm thinking Bravo technical people.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:44 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
I only liked Korto's long green dress.

I thought Kenley did better than Korto this week but even if her "wedding dress" was a ripoff of a famous designer, I still didn't like it no matter who thought it up. It made me think of a big white hen and what was with the plant on Kenley's head? I couldn't feel bad for her with leaves popping out of her head because I was laughing so hard. You know, who says, "I'm going to Bryant Park for the chance of a lifetime, I think I'll sport leaves on stems popping out of my head."? She's so pretty, she doesn't need to do something silly like that to draw attention to herself.

I thought Leann's collection was simple and beautiful and it actually looked like "a collection."

Old 10-16-2008, 06:58 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,138,632 times
No surprise here-Leann's collection was beautiful.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:35 AM

I did like Leeann's colors and she made shorts, pants, short and long dress. Don't think I saw pants for the other two designers. And she is definitely talented. But especially loved the simplicity and radiance of Korto's designs. Kenley will do well on her own, she doesn't need a "win" to go far. Just don't like her!

Old 10-16-2008, 09:06 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,708,537 times
Korto had white pants that I loved. I liked her the most, Leann's second.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:29 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,577,136 times
I viewed the collections on youtube last week and was really impressed w/ Leeann. But last night, viewing them onthe big screen, I realize how much I loved Kenley's collection. She had a very clear theme, the Alice in Wonderland 'painting the roses red' theme, and point of view that I thought was just stunning. It was so fancy, so very 'chic' in a retro way. And I am, after all, a retro girl.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:53 AM

1,401 posts, read 3,772,762 times
Kenley has issues with NOT paying attention to the fashion world....either that, or she is very adept at playing DUMB when called on how much her pieces look like another designer's work.....once again, she is called on her floral painted dress...Balenciaga..... now, she either needs to get out there and pay attention, or stop playing stupid one or the other....once I can see, "oh I didn't know" but she's been called on it more than a couple times...so that doesn't bode well...

Overall:

Korto should have won this one. Her collection was impressive, well executed, and the new dress she made before the show, looked as impressive as if she'd spent the two months on it as well.

Leanne's was beautiful, but I must agree, too much of the petal-wave thing...but I too loved the white slacks with the blue top...

Old 10-16-2008, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkadellia View Post
Kenley has issues with NOT paying attention to the fashion world....either that, or she is very adept at playing DUMB when called on how much her pieces look like another designer's work.....once again, she is called on her floral painted dress...Balenciaga..... now, she either needs to get out there and pay attention, or stop playing stupid one or the other....once I can see, "oh I didn't know" but she's been called on it more than a couple times...so that doesn't bode well...

Overall:

Korto should have won this one. Her collection was impressive, well executed, and the new dress she made before the show, looked as impressive as if she'd spent the two months on it as well.

Leanne's was beautiful, but I must agree, too much of the petal-wave thing...but I too loved the white slacks with the blue top...

I totally agree Kenly is "playing dumb", which is very dishonest. Given her flawed personality, can see that she most likely lacks integrity.

Yes, Korto should have won! But honestly, they all were very good, very beautiful selections. Just thought Korto's was most wearable and most beautiful. Would never wear Leeann's "petal outfits", too adolescent and fairy tale. Not for an adult woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV