Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2009, 07:09 AM

750 posts, read 1,434,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
I'm sorry, but Althea's outfit looked like something a homeless person would wear.
Word. Oh yes, word.

I get very confused by the judging. Is it because it's in LA and therefore is a revolving door of judges? I know Michael Kors and Ninagarcia can't be flying back and forth every few days as they tape this show, but I think the lack of continuity is really throwing off the designers. They try to react and make corrections, based on judges' feedback, then get confronted by all new judges who seem to be looking for something different. It must frustrate the heck out of them!

I will admit I watch this show on DVR and I might miss chunks of it skipping through the massive amounts of commercials. The actual show seems to have been condensed down to about 35 minutes, with the other 25 minutes devoted to ads!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 07:27 AM

6,578 posts, read 25,456,658 times
Maybe it needs to go back to New York. Louise told the local press that in Los Angeles, Mood is really far away and they wasted hours driving back and forth to Mood. I think she said it was over an hour each way. In New York, Mood was within walking distance.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:42 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
absolutely! I watch how they dress each week . I should think a designer would look exquisite most of the time. I look at hair stylist much the same--if their hair looks like crap then they aren't representing now are they?? LOL
LOL almost every stylist I've had do my hair looked a hot mess. Ponytails or braids. My girl does hair and she says by the time she's done playing in other people's heads all day the last thing she wants to do is play in hers

Old 11-03-2009, 12:43 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,159,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
LOL almost every stylist I've had do my hair looked a hot mess. Ponytails or braids. My girl does hair and she says by the time she's done playing in other people's heads all day the last thing she wants to do is play in hers
say it aint so!! LOL
I'm funny bout that. If my hair stylist can't keep her/his own tresses looking smokin hot then she/he won't be my stylist for long.
It's their job--they gotta represent

Old 11-03-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
say it aint so!! LOL
I'm funny bout that. If my hair stylist can't keep her/his own tresses looking smokin hot then she/he won't be my stylist for long.
It's their job--they gotta represent
LOL my current stylist has about an inch worth of hair. The one I had back in Orlando was always wearing braids or twists. But I tend to frequent those black salons that will try to squeez 30 heads into a 12 hour workday

Old 11-06-2009, 06:00 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,807,206 times
This certainly has not been my favorite season of Project Runway. I miss more the more interesting and creative designers like Cristian Soriano. His stuff looks a lot more couture than most of what I've seen from this year's contestants, though not wearable to just anyone.

I believe the best three were selected to go to Bryant Park. May the best woman win!

Old 11-06-2009, 06:52 AM

7,364 posts, read 5,478,151 times
This has not been my favorite season of PR either. I'm glad it's an all girl group though. I don't think they were judged too seriously on the last outfit. I think the judges were going more by what they did in past challenges. That's why the three they picked are going to Bryant Park.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:19 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Christopher - if I had to see him crying into his hands again I would throw the remote at my TV....I'm a little sorry to see Gordana go. Irina - what a mess that dress was. The back was the only good part of it. When the judges have to redo it during judging to justify not "auffing" it...
Yawn....over this season....What a mess....Haven't decided if I'll watch next season or not. Maybe if TPTB get their **** together, get both Nina and Michael together to be there consistently, etc etc....otherwise...I just don't see continuing watching. How sad used to be one of my absolute favs. Way to ruin it Lifetime.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Christopher - if I had to see him crying into his hands again I would throw the remote at my TV....I'm a little sorry to see Gordana go. Irina - what a mess that dress was. The back was the only good part of it. When the judges have to redo it during judging to justify not "auffing" it...
Yawn....over this season....What a mess....Haven't decided if I'll watch next season or not. Maybe if TPTB get their **** together, get both Nina and Michael together to be there consistently, etc etc....otherwise...I just don't see continuing watching. How sad used to be one of my absolute favs. Way to ruin it Lifetime.
yeah this whole season has been awful i've had to make myself watch. There's just so many things wrong with this season that I don't even want to take the time to type them out. The Lifetime producers need to look at the old seasons and repeat.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:25 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
I thought Gordana's dress this week was the prettiest dress of the season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV