Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 07:47 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,184 times

Advertisements

Let's see. There is a new female leader to the group. There is a new girl whose scream can subdue the Tomorrow People. There were two groups of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2014, 09:37 PM

197 posts, read 233,791 times
Default It's Gotten Better

Does anyone around here still watch this show? I started off watching it, but after about 6 or 8 episodes of watching some poorly written episodes that didn't seem to be getting anywhere, I stopped watching it.

However, months later, I did tune in and watched the episode where Ultra was going to assassinate Astrid and her father, and which had a very unexpected plot twist at the end, and that got me watching again.

Although I was a little disappointed with last week's episode when they brought Roger back ... and having a fight with John after recently having a bullet pulled out of his chest? And there was just something about the Tomorrow people that was a bit too impatient for me when they couldn't even tolerate Roger spending one evening with his family after being away for 6 years.

However, I thought last night's episode was excellent. Plus, you can really see how this first season was inspired by X-men(2000), even though it's not a copy of it. Also, I thought that last night's episode's ending/plot twist was 'impressive'. And which is not a word that I use too often to describe television episodes.

The Tomorrow People Video - Enemy of My Enemy | Watch Online Free

Old 05-01-2014, 11:48 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Parkerman View Post
Does anyone around here still watch this show? I started off watching it, but after about 6 or 8 episodes of watching some poorly written episodes that didn't seem to be getting anywhere, I stopped watching it.

However, months later, I did tune in and watched the episode where Ultra was going to assassinate Astrid and her father, and which had a very unexpected plot twist at the end, and that got me watching again.

Although I was a little disappointed with last week's episode when they brought Roger back ... and having a fight with John after recently having a bullet pulled out of his chest? And there was just something about the Tomorrow people that was a bit too impatient for me when they couldn't even tolerate Roger spending one evening with his family after being away for 6 years.

However, I thought last night's episode was excellent. Plus, you can really see how this first season was inspired by X-men(2000), even though it's not a copy of it. Also, I thought that last night's episode's ending/plot twist was 'impressive'. And which is not a word that I use too often to describe television episodes.

The Tomorrow People Video - Enemy of My Enemy | Watch Online Free
I've watched every episode and I'll be with it 'til the end.
It has gotten better and better as the series progressed which is almost a shame since it started out so weakly that a lot of people gave up on it. Chances of renewal are not good.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:39 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,545,112 times
I too have watched since day one and will con't watching. I hope it doesn't get axed! SO now Jedikiah is not human? He has powers? Ok I hope he doesn't become bad and uses his powers alongside his bro to protect the tomm people. BTW was that blonde chic annoying to anyone else?? I mean who gave her all control to make decisions now? They shuld've activated her tracker lol

Old 05-04-2014, 02:24 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,410,406 times
yeah Jed is a "homosuperior" as he says

but by the look of that last scene he is a super villian drunk with his new powers turning over cars and whatnot

i hope what ends up happening is that the gene thing he did to alter himself turns out to be temporary

Old 05-05-2014, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalChubsta View Post
SO now Jedikiah is not human? He has powers? Ok I hope he doesn't become bad and uses his powers alongside his bro to protect the tomm people.
Yeah, Jedekiah is so unpredictable and at times seemed a bit psychotic, it's hard to say with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalChubsta View Post
BTW was that blonde chic annoying to anyone else?? I mean who gave her all control to make decisions now? They shuld've activated her tracker lol
lol Yes, she was annoying. But speaking of The Tomorrow People, it's almost 9:00 and it's time for me to go.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
yeah Jed is a "homosuperior" as he says

but by the look of that last scene he is a super villian drunk with his new powers turning over cars and whatnot
Yep, you could tell that Jed was power happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
i hope what ends up happening is that the gene thing he did to alter himself turns out to be temporary
Well, it looks like you got what you hoped for. However, I would have liked it if Jed had kept his powers permanently because that would have brought in a whole new story element into the show. But as it were, I'm not sure about how I felt about the new direction that the show is going to be going in. And yes, once again it's all about power for Jed, and Jed once again returned to being the bad guy on the show.

Old 05-08-2014, 01:41 PM

1,280 posts, read 2,443,221 times
Default Tomorrow People cancelled

CW Cancels 'Tomorrow People', 'Star-Crossed' & 'Carrie Diaries' -- '100', 'Hart Of Dixie' & 'Beauty And The Beast' Renewed

Old 05-09-2014, 12:29 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,545,112 times
I have to say I was a lil mad behind the cancellation. I mean just when it was getting good! Then I was also mad behind how it ended. Erasing all of Johns memories!! Poor thing. I will miss this show.

Old 05-23-2015, 01:59 AM

14,611 posts, read 17,562,480 times
Default Struggled to find the right rythm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Parkerman View Post
I thought the show struggled a lot, they seemed to take it in different directions. The confusion between the good guys and the bad guys seemed a little extreme.

Unfortunately, I though the show hit it's stride by the finale, but it was cancelled only 3 days after the final episode. I'm not quite sure how CW network makes their decisions as, Beauty & the Beast was renewed for two more seasons despite having worse ratings than Tomorrow People.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV