Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2013, 06:35 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times

Advertisements

I'be right of having a tv network over time and I wonder what everyone else thought of what programming they would air on it. Here is mine.

Phoenix Coyotes hockey games (with the Coyotes broadcast trend)
New York Islanders hockey games (with the Islanders broadcast team)
NHL Tonight (only one hour vs repeats on NHL Network)
WWE RAW
WWE SmackDown
WWE NXT
NASCAR racing
NASCAR Now
Monster Jam (a monster truck series)
Monster Energy Supercross
AMA Arenacross
Marvel's Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D.
Becker
Brst Week Ever
Family Guy
Futurama
How I Met Your Mother
Metal Evolution
Modern Family
Pop Up Video
That Metal Show
The Simpsons
Wind Tunnel with Dave Despain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2013, 03:03 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,426,066 times
Mine would have no cookie cutter zombie shows,crime dramas, or divalicious socialite shows for a start...

Old 11-17-2013, 12:09 PM

8,067 posts, read 4,741,403 times
My personal network would be a reflection of what I liked in my childhood and young adulthood

In the morning, there would be 1970s-era game shows. They can either be repeats of the classics or faithful (that is, not "updated for the 2000s") remakes. No reality shows, no exploitative talk shows like Maury or Springer.
Mid-day would be a hour-long news show...nothing eventful.
The afternoons would be for soap operas. Half of them would be revivals of the same soaps I watched as a teen in the 1980s, with new actors cast to play the same scripts/stories of that era. The other half would be updates of other now-cancelled shows, featuring new stories and a mix of past characters and new ones. All soaps would be half an hour each.
Late afternoon to early fringe would consist of family-friendly sitcoms, a local news block, and a celebrity interview-type talk show (no reality shows).
The prime time offerings would be classic "evenings" from the networks of the past. CBS's Saturday night block from the mid-1970s (All in the Family--->Carol Burnett), ABC's Tuesday nights from the early 1980s (Happy Days--->Hart to Hart), CBS's Thursday nights from the 1980s (Magnum PI--->Knots Landing), etc. These could be augmented by certain favorite stand-alone shows when needed. Sunday night would feature a big-screen film, shown with only one intermission for commercials rather than oddly-placed commercial breaks dropped in.
The late-fringe period would offer classic reruns of the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, un-edited from the original broadcasts.

I'm not really a fan of televised sports, so you would not see any of it on my network.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV