Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 09:09 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,727,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
He is also the voice of Peter. And Stewie. And Quagmire. And Tom Tucker and about a zillion other characters on the show.

Some of the episodes are so mean spirited, cruel or dark that I lost interest in watching it. I think the bank vault episode was the one that ended my love for the show.
They lost me on that one Christmas episode when they thought it was funny to do a home invasion, kill a dad and tie/beat up the mom in front of their little kid.

I'm not sure who thought that was a good idea for a story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 09:58 PM

22,955 posts, read 12,099,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
He also has American Dad and Cleveland Show as well to write. Oh and remember the movie Ted? That got greenlit to ave a sequel done for it.
I believe both American Dad and Cleveland Show were canceled by Fox, though American Dad will move to TBS, 15 new episodes in 2014, after finishes its final run this season on Fox. He will have a new show on Fox called Bordertown in 2014 and another one called Cosmos (documentary, I believe) coming up in 2014. He also has that comedy show Dads that's currently airing (I haven't seen it so far). I'm not sure about the status on his Flintstones remake. He also has a couple of movies in the works and is probably planning on more movies, and more tv shows. He has a lot of irons in the fire.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:09 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,360,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
They lost me on that one Christmas episode when they thought it was funny to do a home invasion, kill a dad and tie/beat up the mom in front of their little kid.

I'm not sure who thought that was a good idea for a story.
What about the clip in which Mother Teresa OD'd in Stewie's car, Stewie said "Push the b**** out!" and it showed her flying out of the car onto the pavement? Yeah, that was all shock value and zero humor to me.

I definitely agree the show used to be funny but it hasn't been truly funny, IMO, for a long while.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:13 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,232,187 times
The show is dead now that the dog is gone. Unless he is reincarnated or it is all a bad dream...

Old 11-26-2013, 09:02 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,521,009 times
Seems like quite a few people want Brian back:
"Family Guy" Fans Petitioning to Bring Brian Back to Life After Shocking Death | NBC New York

Old 11-26-2013, 10:58 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,752,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I believe both American Dad and Cleveland Show were canceled by Fox, though American Dad will move to TBS, 15 new episodes in 2014, after finishes its final run this season on Fox. He will have a new show on Fox called Bordertown in 2014 and another one called Cosmos (documentary, I believe) coming up in 2014. He also has that comedy show Dads that's currently airing (I haven't seen it so far). I'm not sure about the status on his Flintstones remake. He also has a couple of movies in the works and is probably planning on more movies, and more tv shows. He has a lot of irons in the fire.
I didn't realize Dads is McFarlen show. I know Seth Green is the male lead on the show but they are pretty tight.

I wonder if Cosmos is related to this cosmos...

Redneck Cosmos.avi - YouTube

Old 11-26-2013, 12:21 PM

22,955 posts, read 12,099,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I didn't realize Dads is McFarlen show. I know Seth Green is the male lead on the show but they are pretty tight.

I wonder if Cosmos is related to this cosmos...

Redneck Cosmos.avi - YouTube
No, Cosmos isn't going to be toonish, for the most part anyway. It's based off of the original Cosmos by Carl Sagan. MacFarlane got together with Ann Druyan (Carl Sagan's widow) and producer Brannon Braga to make it and has Neil deGrasse Tyson (from Nova, Nova ScienceNow) narrating it. It looks very interesting and the graphics look great in it. Instead of being on PBS it will be on Fox.

COSMOS: A SPACETIME ODYSSEY - Coming in 2014 - YouTube

One of the (live action) movies that MacFarlane has coming out next year, A Million Ways to Die in the West, sounds pretty good (I haven't found a trailer for it though) and has some well known actors in it, including MacFarlane himself. Some of the actors in it .. Charlize Theron, Liam Neeson, Neil Patrick Harris, Giovanni Ribisi, Wes Studi.

Edited to add .. MacFarlane may always have some kind of toonish show going, but he's branching out to live action things now.

Last edited by berdee; 11-26-2013 at 12:30 PM..

Old 11-26-2013, 12:34 PM

36,499 posts, read 53,832,511 times
Brian, the dog from Family Guy: an obituary | Television & radio | The Guardian

Old 11-26-2013, 01:11 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,752,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
No, Cosmos isn't going to be toonish, for the most part anyway. It's based off of the original Cosmos by Carl Sagan. MacFarlane got together with Ann Druyan (Carl Sagan's widow) and producer Brannon Braga to make it and has Neil deGrasse Tyson (from Nova, Nova ScienceNow) narrating it. It looks very interesting and the graphics look great in it. Instead of being on PBS it will be on Fox.

COSMOS: A SPACETIME ODYSSEY - Coming in 2014 - YouTube
I meant more that the Cosmos show was based off of what Seth was spoofing in that clip. Not that the show itself wouldn't be serious or anything. Though with Seth, you can never tell...

Old 11-26-2013, 02:40 PM

8,631 posts, read 12,935,040 times
So the new dog will humor the viewers with Italian stereotypes every episode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV