Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 08:00 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitsong View Post
Am I the only one who cried?!
Nope!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2014, 08:02 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times
wow, no memory game. Good finale though.

Always hate to see a season end.

Enjoyed watching with you guys here.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:06 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
I'm very disappointed. Pffft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
If my math is correct, the average finishings for the final three teams are:

Dave & Connor 2.72
Brendan & Rachel 3.18
Carolyn & Jennifer 4.45

So, no, Brendan & Rachel aren't the best team left.
Reread what I posted, best all round at challenges. D&C would not have been able to do a very physical challenge if both team members had had to participate.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:14 PM

977 posts, read 1,955,504 times
The only thing worse than watching Rachel embarrass the entire country by running around the world like a green-sequined clown was the thought of those two procreating.
Spoiler
Thank you Dave and Connor for preventing that.

This season started out great, with a half-dozen teams worth rooting for. It was painful watching those teams get eliminated while the country girls were spared time and time again. The short one didn't bother me, but the tall one and her stupid plastic smile got on my nerves. They should have been eliminated at least 3 times.

I don't know what the odds are of the Cowboys being invited back for a fourth time in the future, but I never tire of seeing them run the race. The Globetrotters and Afghanimals are fun to watch too. But for the love of God, please CBS, never allow Brendan and Rachel on again.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:24 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,908,519 times
Most of the teams were competitive, but I really wouldn't call this a race of All-Stars...

Some of these teams were chosen because they were controversial, and not necessarily good..

The country singers seem to be decent people, but they never should have made the Final 3..

I still maintain that the best Final 3 would have been Dave and Connor, the Apghanimals and the Cowboys, with a full 2-hour show..

Old 05-18-2014, 09:52 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Most of the teams were competitive, but I really wouldn't call this a race of All-Stars...

Some of these teams were chosen because they were controversial, and not necessarily good..

The country singers seem to be decent people, but they never should have made the Final 3..

I still maintain that the best Final 3 would have been Dave and Connor, the Apghanimals and the Cowboys, with a full 2-hour show..
Agree, the final leg was back hand advertisement for things to do in Vegas esp. No mental challenges and the key ring must have had same key or well crafted editing as it didnt throw them at all and I guess the producers was hoping one of the teams to forget to count the bulb they carried.
Speaking of bulbs I was thinking wouldnt they be hot and 241 bulbs for just one letter, I would guess that over 1200 bulbs, seem they would update to LED, but then again LED wouldnt do well in a Vegas summer.

Im glad the teams finished in their posistions but this means Brechell could be back.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:45 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,185,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
The only thing worse than watching Rachel embarrass the entire country by running around the world like a green-sequined clown was the thought of those two procreating.
Spoiler
Thank you Dave and Connor for preventing that.

This season started out great, with a half-dozen teams worth rooting for. It was painful watching those teams get eliminated while the country girls were spared time and time again. The short one didn't bother me, but the tall one and her stupid plastic smile got on my nerves. They should have been eliminated at least 3 times.

I don't know what the odds are of the Cowboys being invited back for a fourth time in the future, but I never tire of seeing them run the race. The Globetrotters and Afghanimals are fun to watch too. But for the love of God, please CBS, never allow Brendan and Rachel on again.

But Rachel needs that money so she can have a baby!! Have you no sympathy?? What would you expect them to do?? Get jobs???

Old 05-18-2014, 10:47 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Doing the happy dance. Even though my 2 favorite teams were eliminated I was very pleased with this ending and it was one of the better, if not the best, ending episodes of TAR.

If the Brenchels are invited back then they should change the title to the Amazing Whining Race.

Already looking forward to next season.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:45 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,011,495 times
They talked of an incident that seems to have happened at the airport in England, but that wasn't shown. It seems they got their clue, in England, and then were shown getting into cars in Las Vegas. Were Brenchel shoveling dirt, on purpose, in D and C's hole? Also they tried to steal the Blondes taxi, and he wouldn't go for it, LOL. Looked like their taxi driver was getting annoyed with them. Bad taxis are the reason some teams lose. Would rather see drivers drive them when a taxi is needed, as having to trust a taxi. When they have to drive themselves, well that is part of the game where maps and attention to road signs come into play.

Old 05-19-2014, 01:11 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,568,915 times
I was happy with the win. Glad they were the
Spoiler
oldest contestant to win, and only parent/child team to win.
A couple of firsts that give them a line in the record books.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV