Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2014, 07:44 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,856,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
They don't want to, no. Of course not. But reality is settling in. See: 'Game of Thrones' team on series future | Inside TV | EW.com

And here they say it right out: "There's no question that this will be better for us if the books come out before the various seasons come out," Benioff added. "That said, we're not going to take a two-year hiatus (to wait for a book). The little kids are growing older, the show's got momentum now, and the show must go on. We're just hopeful that it will all time out." ( The Wertzone: GoT producers will not wait for GRRM to finish the books )

Martin is running on good intentions at this point, I think. There's just no way he can keep up. Consider his track record:

A Game of Thrones came out in 1996.
A Clash of Kings came out in 1999.
A Storm of Swords came out in 2000.
A Feast for Crows came out in 2005.
A Dance with Dragons came out in 2011.

The next book, The Winds of Winter, is nowhere near done, according to Martin. The absolute soonest I'd look for it would be 2015. Realistically it'll likely be 2016. And he's still got another book after that. Which means what? 2020? The actor playing 10 year old Bran Stark will be 21 by then.

I suspect the TV show producers are about ready to tie George to his chair and nail the doors to his house shut until the next book is done.
So, it's reasonable to conclude the Tarantino drew inspiration for the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad from the Sand Snakes.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2014, 07:52 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,856,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Thank you, my lord!

Old 04-27-2014, 11:13 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I can't top that--that is truly awesome! But here is a lesser contribution:
A Feast of Ice and Fire: The Official Game of Thrones Companion Cookbook: Chelsea Monroe-Cassel, Sariann Lehrer, George R.R. Martin: 9780345534491: Amazon.com: Books

In case you want to eat with the Lannisters, or the Starks, etc. I doubt you can find the recipe that poisoned Joffrey, and I wouldn't really want to share a meal with anyone in Westeros or elsewhere in GOT, but it's a fun idea if you're a GOT fan and into cooking!

Old 04-27-2014, 08:46 PM

14,668 posts, read 14,631,326 times
Nice transition episode...I sure hope John & Co can reach Bran's bunch before yet another tragedy befalls a Stark. Brienne seeking out Sansa is a great turn, but how would she have any idea where to look?

Old 04-27-2014, 08:51 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,744,527 times
I am very confused by this episode, I must have missed something big last season. The mutinity folks,the whole bad guy that feeds his kids to the watchers is killed? ugh!

This espisode made me very wary of my remaining heros.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:07 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,540,797 times
Yeah, did I miss some of the last episode?

Other than Jamie's visit to his prisoner brother and The Worm using the sewers to take the city, 90% of tonight's episode is not in the books (or at least not developed the same way), unless I am forgetting a whole lot more than I think........

Since it highly unlikely that George R. R. Martin will finish the saga before the material is needed by the series, I wonder in there will be more of a divergence between the two (with the show reaching it's own conclusion).

At least this episode cleared up any question as to who conspired to kill Joffrey.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:42 PM

14,668 posts, read 14,631,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanchic View Post
I am very confused by this episode, I must have missed something big last season. The mutinity folks,the whole bad guy that feeds his kids to the watchers is killed? ugh!

This espisode made me very wary of my remaining heros.
Yeah, those guys killed both the leader of the black (Jon Snow's mentor) and the old man who kept all his daughters as wives and gave his boys to the white walkers. The old man whose house they stole insulted them the entire time they were there, and they killed their leader for subjecting them to his abuse, also going after Samwell, who the leader of the mutiny despised, who escaped with Lilly & her son.
Jon's now going after them because they no longer have loyalty to the Castle Black and will give away all the guard's secrets to the wildling army. BTW, am I the only one who doesn't trust this new recruit?

Last edited by Natural510; 04-27-2014 at 09:55 PM..

Old 04-28-2014, 12:01 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Yeah, did I miss some of the last episode?

Other than Jamie's visit to his prisoner brother and The Worm using the sewers to take the city, 90% of tonight's episode is not in the books (or at least not developed the same way), unless I am forgetting a whole lot more than I think........

Since it highly unlikely that George R. R. Martin will finish the saga before the material is needed by the series, I wonder in there will be more of a divergence between the two (with the show reaching it's own conclusion).

At least this episode cleared up any question as to who conspired to kill Joffrey.
I re-read vol.3 recently, and I was at the edge of my seat just now over all the new stuff! Bran's story is becoming much more interesting. And I'm glad to see Ghost reappear.

I am also convinced now that it doesn't really matter for the show whether we have vol.6 and 7--they'll create their own storyline.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:50 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,278,510 times
Greyworm is totally going to get some from Danaerys's handmaiden (or whatever she is supposed to be).

This one is excited about that.

Old 04-28-2014, 06:42 AM

7,363 posts, read 5,478,151 times
Last nights episode was a big veer away from the book. I can't wait to see the reunion with Jon and Brandon. But what happened to Rickon? And where was the dire wolf?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV